“Absolutely No Complaints” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Chicago IL
“Absolutely No Complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

This place was awesome! Very clean rooms plus nice pool area. The free breakfast was good and plentiful. This was the best-priced hotel in the area, and it met all expectations. We enjoyed being able to walk across the parking lot to two different restaurants for dinner. Excellent front desk staff as well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

Was here 5/26/09.
Wanted to stay here and go into Boston. wo driving. Took commuter rail from Boston to Lawrence, costs 6.75 each way. Station is 3.5 miles from hotel, cab costs about $8, there is a bus, MVRTA line 37 a few blocks fom the hotel that will get u there for A LOT less. I walked it once. If u drive, hotel is right on the I 495 at River RD.
Hotel was spotless and rooms were elegant and comfy. By far the best LQ I have seen.
Staff was great, especially Alan , the night guy.
It was quiet, despite being next to freeway. Was not concerned about safety although I am generally wary of anyplace next to a highway.
There was an indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym, computer in lobby, great continental breakfast w build your own waffles , free parking. Newspaper in lobby.
Room had microwave, phone w vmail, nice tv w many channels,coffee maker, hair dryer, iron/board, internet access in room, clock radio.
They have a laundry.
Next door, there is a Chili's and an Italian bar/restaurant called Chateau? HUGE portions at a great price . Staff was great, especially Marilyn.There is also a mini mart next door.
Join rewards club, it's free, get points. Paid $54, AAA rate.
It's not really near anything, but it's a great hotel and at unbelievable price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

Great hotel... looked at many hotels online in the area, before we settled on this one. We needed to be someplace in town early in the morning, and wanted to find a hotel that was close to the place we needed to be, but also offered a breakfast at the hotel. This one had a great complimentary breakfast!! Great pool, hot tub, and fitness room. When we first went to the pool there was a large group in there, a little loud, but their chaperones/parents definatly kept them in line. We went back later, and it was much better, with less people. They have 2 restaurants, Chili's and an Italian place right in the parking lot, and a gas station/convience store right across the street. Only complaints... there was a bad smell when we first got out of the car... wasnt' sure what it was at first.. then realized it was mulch, that was just put out. Also the hallway we were staying in, had a smell of dog food, however, by morning it was gone. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. We would definatly stay there again... the price was great, and hotel was awesome! Free high speed internet was a definate plus, and they also had a wii in the breakfast room for the kids to play with... need to get more controllers though, they only had 1.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
EXTON, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

My husband and I were celebrating our first anniversary and wanted to stay near Boston and Salem so Andover came up in my search and we found this hotel. It was clean, every person I spoke to was nice and you cant beat the price. Plus, it was only 20 minutes to Salem and the hotel receptionist was nice enough to help us figure out how to get to the nearest train station so we could go to Boston. Everything was fantasic, it's unfortunate other people had bad experiences, ours was great.

• Liked — it's proximity to the sights we wanted to see in Massachusetts
  • Disliked — not much. no complaints
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cherman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

This hotel was absolutely terrible from the second I walked into the door. I went to th counter to check in, which I would not have done if all the other hotels in the area were not booked. I waited at the check in counter for five minutes before the lady at the desk even spoke to me (she was talking to a maid). When she finally did talk to me she had the walkie talkie to her mouth talking to the cleaning staff about the ringing phone. Sure enough she picked up the phone and yelled "what" into it angrily. Turns out it was a customer, and she was apologizing to me over and over agein, it was redicutious.
Next she sends me to my room and says its on the second floor, in the back. So I haul all of my luggage up the elevator to the second floor and am walking in circles searching for the room, after five minutes I ask the woman again and she says "oh no, I forgot to tell you its in the other building".
FInally when I got to my room the sheets were dirty, there was hair in the bathtub it was awful. Not only that but our phones did not work. In the fitness center there were dirty towels and cups all over the place.

Needless to stay I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone, I wanted to up and leave. I will never stay here again. Rude staff, horible service, awful hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

Blood stains on sheets, yelllow -stained linens,room had a sour smell, check-in process took forever, was a real hassle. When checking out, clerk couldn't care less. Oh, and they have a sign on their counter about a string of break-ins in the area and not to leave valuables in your vehicle.
We wont be staing here again.

• Liked — Convenient to interstate
  • Disliked — Staff was apathitic
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Portsmouth VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

I was looking for a hotel north of Boston for our road trip, so I could avoid Boston AM traffic. I found an incredible deal - $39 a nite and the reviews were good so I booked it. The price said that it did not include the continental breakfast, but I felt it was not worth the addl $40 to eat their breakfast. In the end, we could have eaten anyway - they had no idea what room we had booked.

The room was very clean and the beds were AWESOME! Dh had been driving for 12 hrs by the time we checked in and we all slept like babies. There was a nice indoor pool and the front desk was very pleasant at check in.

I have stayed at La Qunta before, but this one was the best.

• Liked — Comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Coffee was not that great
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover? Share your experiences!