“Very Quiet and Clean Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   131 River Road, Andover, MA 01810   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Lake Cowichan, Canada
“Very Quiet and Clean Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at this la Quinta. It was a bit slow checking in due to a busy weekend but the room was spotless, the staff very pleasant and the bed was wonderful. The breakfast, like all la Quinta breakfasts could use some real multi grain bread and perhaps a bit more hot food, but then again we are not paying the big bucks to stay here either. In response to QC Cutie's comment re her ID being photographed...I have NEVER heard of that being done and it certainly was not done to my ID. My ID never left the counter directly in front of me. As I said, we had a great stay. We were also with relatives who always stay in much more expensive hotels or resorts and they also were very satisfied with the cleanliness, service, and comfort of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, TX Hook 'em Horns!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I called ahead and asked for a room as far away from the smokers as possible, and we were given 348...end room, next to the stairwell, and across from the vending. Neighbors on only one side so it was super quiet. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel; I almost didn't want to get up! The hotel itself is very convenient to I-93 and two restaurants. We were five minutes from our family in Methuen and about 30 minutes from Logan airport. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean. My brother had the breakfast and said it was standard fare; waffles, cereal, etc. We'll be up there again next summer and would happily stay here again!

Norwich, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last year and found it to be comfortable and clean. This year however, when I walked into my room I found a large empty space where the featured chair should have been. When I went to call the front desk about the missing chair the phone didn't work, when I went to put the light on above the phone to see what was wrong, the light didn't work.
I complained to the front desk and the phone and light were fixed but the maintenance man to whom I was referred told me the chair was broken and had to be removed. I was offered a dinning room chair but rejected it. I left a message for the GM expressing my displeasure but I heard nothing back. Since I was part of a group, I suspect he did not have my name or a way to reach me.
They should not have rented a room with a big empty space in it without warning the customer or offering some sort of discount.

If the GM wants to reach me, I can be found at dponeil95@aol.com. My stay was the evening of 9/21/13 and the room was 285.

Room Tip: Make sure the chair is in 285
Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

VT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the La Quinta in Andover, MA...result...I would not in any way recommend this hotel. I am lost as to how the current rating was achieved. We arrived late and while registering I noted the clerk walk away with my ID. I asked him if he had just made a photocopy of it and he responded with yes. I was very surprised that he did not ask my permission or notify my he was going to do this. Wow!! He claimed the hotel needed to have it for local police. Let me just address this...that is not okay with me and it should not be with anyone else. If a hotel wants to see your ID upon registration I 100% understand that, however when copies are taken you are allowing your personal information to leave your control. Not a good idea at all. And the room. Ugh...we entered and were greeted with an overpowering smell (like brick wall) of pet urine. When we contacted the front desk they said they were sold out so there was nothing they could do. There was not comp offered or discount provided. Don't get me wrong...I am all about pet friendly hotels, but ask if I mind if I am put on a floor with pets before you just assign me there for this exact reason! We decided to stay because it was late. The breakfast was not good. Messy sticky tables, lack of food, stale food and inattentive staff. I will select a better hotel next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a pet free floor and watch your ID when you are registering.
Essex, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My only complaint would be the breakfast. They need to be a little more diligent about cleaning tables off and replenishing food. It was busy and there wasn't much for food choices. They ran out of things. Other then that stay was great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great Value, awesome place to bring the family. The breakfast room was a little small, we actually had to pass on the free breakfast because there was no where to sit. There were barking dogs in the room across from us which would've been nice to be told at check in but as soon as someone complained about it the situation was handled right away. The rooms were clean, and spacious. We had a great experience over all and I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover? Share your experiences!