Stayed at the Hotel UMass on my first trip back to campus in 20+ years. The rooms are nice and clearly newly renovated. I was lucky enough to get a room facing the main campus - the library, campus pond and fine arts center.
Don't look at the severe concrete exterior and assume its the same inside. Staff - many of whom are students - were welcoming and helpful. Room was clean, nice and quite spacious.
Took away one "star" for campus construction right outside of hotel that started pretty early. Also, either I was too close to the elevator or the elevator noise vibrated throughout the building....couldnt tell which, but could hear it a bit.
- Also Known As:
- Umass Hotel At The Campus Amherst
- Umass Hotel At The Campus
- Campus Center Amherst
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated the best hotel in Amherst, and seated in the center of the picturesque UMass Amherst campus, Hotel UMass blends a tranquil countryside escape with the bustling energy of campus life, making it your ideal destination when staying in the area. During your stay at Hotel UMass, you will have access to the distinctive cultural atmosphere of one of the nation’s top universities, while remaining only minutes to historic downtown Amherst, allowing you to discover the magic of the Pioneer Valley. The breathtaking views from your guestroom alone will allow you to appreciate the natural beauty of scenic New England.During your stay, you will enjoy first-class accommodations and exceptional service. We offer university guests, conference attendees, parents, students, local and corporate travelers and alumni an exceptional Hotel UMass experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Hotel UMass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.