“BEST PLACE TO STAY WHEN VISITING UMASS!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel UMass

You added Hotel UMass to your Saves list
Hotel UMass
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Campus Center Way, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003 (Formerly Campus Center Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amherst
GreenLeadersSilver level
north salem, NY
“BEST PLACE TO STAY WHEN VISITING UMASS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited UMass for a campus tour and stayed at the hotel which was conveniently located in the building where the tour began. From the moment we entered the hotel we understood the service was exemplary. There was always an individual opening the door from the car garage to greet us. The desk staff was incredibly helpful with directions to town and dining recommendations. At breakfast they ran out of danish, bagels and muffins (due to the Northeastern Hockey Team!) but the employee went to another facility to obtain more for my daughter and her friend. The room was nicely appointed and clean. The front desk even called up after we checked in to see if we needed anything. The only problem was that our room faced the pond where there was a great deal of construction going on. When you stay there ask for the other side of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the building away from the construction.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Merjoe,

I am so pleased you chose to stay with us while visiting the campus. We take great pride in providing exemplary customer service. I am sorry that you visited us on a busy breakfast morning but am pleased the staff was able to take care of your daughter and her friend. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I graduated from UMass Amherst and I wanted to stay at the hotel to attend an event. The Umass Hotel was clean, neat, and very elegant. The breakfast in the morning was good and organic food options were available. I would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nathalie R,

I want to thank you for staying with us at the UMass Hotel and Conference Center. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to having you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the bed was excelent confortable, although the room size is little small than regular but it was clean and confy. The hotel was sitting in the middle of campus but peaceful. We definately come again.

Room Tip: higher floors have excellent view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear phan_shu,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our UMass Hotel and Conference Center. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My family stayed at this property for two nights while attending a campus event for the second year in a row. You can't beat the location if you need to be on the U Mass Amherst campus since the hotel is in the middle of it. The rooms are clean and functional with nice bathroom amenities, working HVAC, K-pod coffee maker, and free Wi-Fi. There is free breakfast and coffee all day in the lobby, with a nice selection of both. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The downsides were too hard beds and a nightly charge for a small fridge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Use-2-love2-travel,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the UMass Hotel and Conference Center. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your recommendations about the comfort of the beds and about the small fridges. Safe Travels!
Westfield, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had always wanted to stay at this hotel and was excited to finally get my chance when I needed to find a place out of the snow. The hotel is extremely well kept and very modern. I love the HD televisions and the great views. The rooms are immensely clean and very well furnished. I was very warm and cozy in my room as the snow came down hard. The bell hop staff in the garage are very helpful and friendly as they helped me check in. The desk staff is one of the best I have ever seen. Professional and full of knowledge about their hotel and campus. They answered every question with ease. The housekeeping staff is also very friendly and quick to offer any assistance needed. The management of the UMASS Hotel and Conference Center should be commended for such a pleasant stay. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Stay as often as you can or as often as you need to. My business will be bringing me back quite a bi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Doug K,

I am delighted that you weathered Snow Storm Nemo with us. It is always pleasant to have such wonderful guests stay with us, especially under such extreme conditions. We look forward to having you back soon!
Pittstown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Right on campus, clean, friendly and green. We were there for a college visit and found the staff to be very helpful. The rooms were wonderful. Easy to get to where we needed to go. We would go back there in a heartbeat.
Some places just make you feel good. This was one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Deborah G,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the UMass Hotel and Conference Center. It is always a pleasure to hear back from our guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we very much look forward to seeing you back soon!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Pro:
the rooms are very nice, CLEAN, and spacious.
amazing location
Lobby was ok
Cons:
Parking is awful. you have to go into a parking garage, walk through a tunnel that looks like someones been shot in, then scramble through a maze of students going throughout their day,a and finally go upstairs..
The breakfast was nothing special. Just some boring food served by one girl who wasn't too attentive.

I heard that this hotel was run by students, however it appears that only management runs it. The students looked too afraid to make a decision! Every time something out of the ordinary came up, they had to get a supervisor, from reservations to checkout!!

I spoke to a lady who is the manager and she was very nice. we spoke for a long time the first day. The next morning during breakfast however, I saw her screaming at one of her employees right in front of everyone! The poor girl looked like she was going to cry. Then not even 10 minutes later it happened again, but to a boy! Very poor management. She should be embarrassed and fired. I understand that sometimes an employee needs to be told they are doing something wrong, but not screamed at in the lobby!

Overall it was an ok stay, even though the cons out weighed the pros.

Room Tip: Don;t bother staying unless you aren't going to be spending much time in the hotel. I dont like...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
umasshotel123, General Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Robert K,
Thank you for sharing your impressions and experience with us. We are always trying to improve our service and take all comments seriously and into consideration. We want our staff to be confident and competent and will strive to improve our training and supervision.
Sincerely, David O'Connor, Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel UMass? Share your experiences!