“Superior Service, Average Accomodations, Great Location” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Amesbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Superior Service, Average Accomodations, Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I live less than an hour away from this hotel, but the amazing March weather brought me here for a few days at the beach. I was very impressed with the customer service from Mary Anne (I am pretty sure that was her name) when I checked in and in general.

The room at this Fairfield Inn is better than a Red Roof Inn (the new improved Red Roof) by maybe a step down from a Holiday Inn Express. I did get a good price though, so that helped. Those traveling in the Summer will probably not get that price, but it will at the very least be super convenient.

The room is fairly modern, the beds are comfortable, but not amazing. I had a good nights sleep and that is what counts. The TV is too low, but it is a decent size. The Cable package is somewhat limited, but as hotels go, I would consider it middle of the road. It does have HBO, Disney and CNN. Something for most people.

The internet here is better than places that I have paid a fortune for. If I needed a great connection I would consider staying here for that alone.

I think all rooms have a fridge and a microwave. Mine definitely did, although I needed to put things in the freezer to get things real cold.

The AC was ok, but frankly it shut off from time to time on a very hot day. This was my least favorite thing. It may have had something to do with the curtain. These are the AC heater in wall units. They are loud and if your picky, this may be something to consider.

There is a pool, but it is outdoor (my fav kind) so it was closed till Summer.

The breakfast was decent, but not anything to get super-excited about. Cereal, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Oatmeal, Microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, Hard boilded eggs, toast, bagels, packaged muffins and make your own waffles. The bagel was the highlight. The do breakfast during the week 6-9am. I have to get up by 9am for this? Biggest complaint-even McDonalds does breakfast till 10am...can we compromise at 9:30? This isn't a business hotel and most seniors who travel year round don't need the late breakfast, but some of us traveling for pleasure do.

The bathroom is pretty small. The shower/tub combo was adequate.

Again, the highlights for me were the nice service I received when I called then checked in and the location was perfect for those traveling on 95 and 495 or going to the local beaches. oh yeah, the wifi is great!!!

Tip: Visit Salisbury Beach State Reservation. Off season it's free, in season it's worth the couple of bucks to park and be at a nice beach.

Room Tip: I would stay on a high floor for a quieter room. 3rd floor was great for me.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
ReneeWright, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Amesbury, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property. Marianne is definitely a great employee; I'm glad to hear that you were impressed with her as well! It's also nice to hear that the internet was up-to-speed for you, as we recently upgraded it. As for the breakfast times, I know that it can be a challenge waking early when you have no obligations for the day, but our breakfast hours do benefit our corporate guests and are set at Marriott standard. Our weekend breakfast is 7-10, allowing time for guests to sleep in a bit. Our front desk associates and breakfast ambassador are happy to assist in grabbing a quick breakfast for anyone that might have just missed it.

Perhaps we'll see you here in the warm weather enjoying our lovely outdoor pool! Thanks again for your patronage and your review.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My son left his wallet,Bose headphones and a phone charger behind. John at the front desk and Amy the housekeeper found it and sent the items back to us. I want to thank them for being so honest . Happy holidays :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Belfast, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I made a last-minute departure from home last week to attend a funeral, so we didn't have any time to plan where we were going to stay en route or do any research. Thanks to GPS and Trip Advisor, we found the Fairfield Inn in Amesbury, MA. Incredibly easy to get to off of I-95. And happily, once again, my experience that Marriott hires qualified, congenial, knowledgeable and helpful stay proved true. We had driven through pouring rain for hours, were tired and hungry. The gentleman at the desk "got it" right away when we told him we wanted dinner somewhere close and casual -- no surprises. He nailed it with his recommendation (including his favorite entree there). Amazingly, he recognized us when we returned to the hotel, greeted us warmly, asked us how our dinner was, what we had, and if his advice was on target. Our room was very pleasant, clean and included a large, flat-screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. Good seating, desk, good lighting. Internet access easy -- no hassles. Breakfast included in room rate. For a warm welcome, good night's sleep, no surprises, cleanliness, choice of restaurants nearby, and convenience to major highways near Boston, you can't beat the Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: Inn has 4 (I think) floors. Elevator off main lobby makes easy access to upper floors. We prefer the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ReneeWright, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Amesbury, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I personally think that our Guest Service Representatives are the best and I am glad that you were made to feel welcome in a time of bereavement. We would love to have you stay at the Fairfield Inn Amesbury again if you are ever in the area.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is a unique chain hotel in that the staff is professional, friendly and very helpful. The location is very near Routes 95 and 495 and there is also a train stop that can take you to Boston. The free breakfast is more than adequate and their coffee (available 24hours a day) is very good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Amesbury. I was very pleased to read your wonderful comments as I personally think they reflect our hotel perfectly. We would love for you to stay again if you are in our area.

Brooklyn, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have stayed at this location many times and have been greeted with super service. Hotel is nice and clean , cookies are great. Staff is A++++++++++++++

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Fairfield Inn Amesbury. We definitely have a very positive staff that caters to our guests and knows the area well so that they can recommend the best things to see, do and eat when in our region. Our staff love working here and their level of commitment is hard to find. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we appreciate your patronage.

Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I checked in late and was given the only room left, a handicapped room with roll in shower. As a Marriott Gold member, I was a bit miffed that they wouldn't save me one of the non-handicapped rooms, but I figured I'd make due.

The bedding was fresh, the hotel was OK in general. My big gripe was that the bathroom floor was FILTHY. As I stepped into the shower, I left muddy footprints. When I got out I took a look at the bathroom floor and that's when I noticed how filthy it was. Absolutely disgusting, I'm not sure it had been cleaned since the hotel had opened. I had to lay towels down on it to keep from my feet getting filthy after my shower. Just disgusting. I don't think the carpet was all that clean, either.

I mentioned it at checkout and was told, "I"ll let the housekeeper know." No apology was rendered.

With so many other options within a 20 minute drive, I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ReneeWright, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Amesbury, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Lovescabs,

I am very sorry for the cleanliness issue in your bathroom. We do take cleanliness very seriously here at the Fairfield Inn and I assure you that it is uncommon to have such an issue take place. Indeed the front desk associate should have been more empathetic and responsive when listening to your complaint and for that I apologize as well. I would love for you to give us another chance if you're in the area as we value your loyalty to the Marriott brand.

Regards,

Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Hotel is conveniently located near Newburyport. Hotel is getting dated - no signs of Marriott investing in the property. Front desk Staff is good. Some small issues (no shampoo in room, light bulbs burnt out) give indication of where this hotel is heading.
Next trip probably going to Holiday Inn Express nearby. Not a lot of choices in area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
DDKW,

Our hotel was renovated in July 2008 with Marriott's "Green Tea" decor. It is true that the hotel was not recently built, but it is updated at Marriott's standard frequency. Many guests commend us for how nice the property looks; I am sorry that you feel otherwise and wish I knew what exactly caused you to feel that way. In regards to the issues in your room, I am sorry that the housekeeping overlooked those items and that you feel that you need to stay elsewhere when traveling to the area as we do value your business.

Renee Wright

Been to Fairfield Inn Amesbury? Share your experiences!