“They don't lie. THE CHEESESTEAK KING” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 54 restaurants in Acton
Cuisines: Pizza
Acton, Massachusetts
“They don't lie. THE CHEESESTEAK KING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Bob Dylan wrote "All Along the Watchtower", but Jimi Hendrix perfected it. Philadelphia will probably always be cheesesteak city, but, let's be honest here, TC Landos makes the best cheesesteak subs you will ever eat. Swapping out Cheez Wiz for some legit provolone, TC Landos has been serving it up right for years.
Service ranges from very friendly to, well, sometimes they just give you your sandwich. Do you really need a pat on the head?
Don't miss their many cheesesteak varieties either. The Smokey Joe (a cheesesteak sub with pastrami) is pretty much a perfect sandwich, achieving a level of the Platonic ideal. Their pizzas are very good, and their buffalo chicken calzone achieves a level of wonder ususally reserved for childhood dreams.
As a kid, after describing The Budster sandwich (fried chicken tenders, bacon, cheddar, and BBQ sauce) to a group of my camp councilors, they drove me from central New Hampshire to Acton to try one. Was it legal? Probably not. Was it delicious? Mightily.

• Visited December 2012

79% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fine neighbor pizza and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

After the blizzard we wanted to get out. Lots of places closed or operating with limited staff. We couldn't get takeout at Not Your Average Joe's cause of limited staffing so we tried Landos. We tried the rassato pizza with chicken broccoli artichoke and mushrooms. The pizza was great! Big hunks of white chicken breast and veggies. The crust was nice and the pizza was cooked golden brown. We will definitely pick Landos over Not Your Average for pizza going forward. Excellent value for the quality.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
“*******Best Cheese Steak Subs & Pizza on the Planet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I'm a loyal customer since TC Lando's was in Maynard,MA 30 years ago.While there is a window stool bar eat in, most of their business is take-out. The subs and pizzas are the best anywhere.
The staff are always friendly and make you feel right at home. Plenty of terrific food for the price.
I personally love the cheese steak subs with tomato slices and pickles! Carl is the lead actor in his own commercials as seen on television and youtube ,as great as the food!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tried twice won't be a third”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

First the girl asks rudely what do you want. This is the second time. I almost didn't walkin when I saw her. My first trip I got a burrito that was huge! But that is the only thing going for it pretty much tasteless very bland it fell completely apart before half way there my gf also ordered a burrito but was given a fajita salad?! She's too nice to say anything so I did and they gave us a free sub card but asked her so rudely if she wanted another she was scared to say yes. The free sub card is the only reason I went back the second time. I ordered the Hawaiian chicken sub it was ok the only thing is the guy who left right before me took my sub home and they had to make me another one. They offered me his sub instead and was not enthused I declined so the service aline will keep me away from this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Acton, MA
“Excellent pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The pizza at Landos is excellent, no two ways about it! I don't know about the rude people mentioned in another review--staff has always been friendly and courteous to me. Love the TC's special pizza, especially!

• Visited May 2012