I booked a reservation at this hotel after reading the reviews here, plus it was a great deal for $79/night.
I went to Baltimore to visit my husband who is at school at Ft. Meade. I traveled alone. The cab ride from BWI to the hotel was $20.80. I arrived at 2am and I realized I was 'buzzed in' because they lock the lobby after 1am which I thought was a nice safety precaution. I was pleasantly surprised (like other reviewers) by the more modern decor and the amenities: the cafe, the lounge areas, computer workstations (with complimentary internet hookup which is also in the room), full bar, plasma screen TV and even a fireplace.
I checked into my room which was also nicely decorated. Lots of deskspace, good sized TV and a refrigerator. The bathroom was very clean (at least to the naked eye). Lots of clean towels, complimentary 'Physique' shampoo and a nice showerhead with changing pulses. And the fastest flushing toilet I've ever seen in my life. I don't know how much the regular movies were (at the time Oceans 12, Million Dollar Baby, Hitch, etc.), but i can tell you that the naughty movies are $13.99 max.
The continental breakfast (bagels, toast, fruit, cereal) was about $6. The expanded breakfast (adding eggs, bacon, waffles) was about $10. I got there at 9:30am so it was sort of picked through and lukewarm. The lobby 'market' is open at all times. A decent sandwich is $5.95 and a liter of Aquafina was $3. They also have Haagen Daz ice cream and Starbucks Coffee brewing at the bar.
The indoor pool is a small square and the jacuzzi looked a little uninviting, but I wasn't there to swim. The gym was more spacious than i thought and had some good aerobic equipment in it.
Expect to pay for the taxi rides if you don't have a car. For 2 people to Arundel Mills $12. For 4 to Inner Harbor $35. (Both trips, we used EZ Cab)
This place must be great for business travelers. I went for leisure and though it's not romantic per se, it was very, very comfortable. Staff was polite, housekeeping was efficient, air-conditioning worked. It was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated conveniently between Annapolis, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., the Courtyard by Marriott Ft. Meade at the National Business Park is minutes from where you need to be. Whether you are traveling on business or leisure, our Courtyard brings a new look to the metropolitan area. We welcome you to enjoy the area's many historical, cultural and entertainment offerings. Our hotel is located within minutes of both Ft. Meade and NSA. Our 140 guest rooms feature free high-speed Internet access, a spacious work area, a comfortable living space and mini refrigerator ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bwi/Fort Meade Hotel Annapolis Junction
- Courtyard Annapolis Junction
- Annapolis Junction Marriott
- Annapolis Junction Courtyard
- Courtyard Hotel Annapolis Junction