“Very nice accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Very nice accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Marriott Courtyard is an easy to find hotel, with many rooms, and nice accomodations. The room itself is very large, with clean linens and very comfy beds. My boyfriend and I stayed there for two night when we went to the recent Preakness race, and while most of it was spent away from the hotel, they do offer a pool, dining (and a happy hour), and even ability to download your airplane boarding pass. The only thing bad I can say is when I asked where the coffee was, the front desk person said there was a charge, that there is free coffee in the room. Most hotels provide free coffee, so this was puzzling. Also they do not have the free breakfast's like some other hotels, and do charge a lot, even for a small bagel - I would suggest going out to eat.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor, as my boyfriend is a Marriott frequent stayer, so we were kind of aw...
Green Features: They do have cans in each room for recycling, which I go for, so that is nice. Could use more in the main lobby, in case you want to just toss it in on your way out.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you choosing Courtyard Fort Meade for your recent stay in our area. I appreciate you taking time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to our staff.
I am glad that you found our rates a good value. For an even better value, we do offer rates that include breakfast. Coffee is always available in our guest rooms and of course Starbucks Coffee is available for purchase at The Bistro. Our current vendor contracts do not allow us to offer a different brand of complimentary coffee in the Lobby.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with reservations.
Beth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed 3 nights for a soccer tourament. Room 403 was clean and comfortable. All staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I thought the room rate was very fair, and the food service, though limited, was very well executed. Washer/dryer available, decent little workout room, and indoor pool w/ lifeguard. Great area for walking/running, and convenient to all main highways. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope your team did well in the Soccer Tournament! Our team appreciated your positive comments regarding your stay. They try very hard to exceed our guests needs. We look forward to accommodating you again when your travels bring you to the Fort Meade area. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.
Warm Regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stay here about once a month for business. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and you can't beat the location if you're working in the adjoining office park. Every staff member I have ever encountered has been friendly and helpful.

On this trip, my air conditioning unit kept me up all night the first night. I mentioned it at the desk the next morning, and it was in perfect working order when I returned to my room that evening.

The food is good at the in-house restaurant, if a little overpriced. Given the difficulty of getting to other offsite choices for food, however, it would be really good if there were more choices on the menu. It would also be really great if it were open earlier than 6:30 in the morning.

Prices tend to be high, probably because there's no real competition.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments! It is only through feedback our team can improve. I have shared your comments regarding your service experience with our team and they were very appreciative. I will also share your feedback regarding your food and beverage experiences with our Courtyard Marriott Brand Team.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you to the Fort Meade area.

Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District
Cresco, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Let me just say that I have NEVER stayed at a hotel that didn't have coffee available 24/7 Considering this is the most expensive hotel I've stayed at in the area, I was expecting a little more bang for more bucks.

Upon entering the lobby, the receptionist was friendly and informed me that they did offer free water for the members of their rewards club. When I came down to get my water later on... On my way to their gym with the broken nautilus equipment. A different receptionist looked at me like I had three heads. "We have water for sale in the shop." When I told her about the complementary water offer, she informed me that water was only for check-in. She did point me back towards the gym where they did have a complimentary water fountain.

When I went to get coffee late morning the next morning, I found that they don't offer complimentary coffee either... 2 dollars to fill my travel mug.

My smallish room has an air conditioner/heater/fan that is so loud I can't hear the crap TV and unfortunately, I can't sleep when it's on.

All of this would have been mildly annoying and not worthy of my time to write this review if it weren't for the not so friendly receptionist staff.

I stayed at a Country Inn and Suites last trip down here. Complimentary coffee, complimentary cookies, complimentary breakfast And dinner, and the staff was so Friendly!!... They spoiled me for less than what I am paying for my room at this Marriott... And the room I stayed at there was huge!

There are so many other hotels in this area that do make you feel like they appreciate your business... This isn't one.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment and and share your experience at the Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. What you experienced is certainly an exception to our staff service.

Courtyard Brand standards provide complimentary coffee in guest rooms. Starbucks beverages, including coffee, are available for sale in the lobby. I will pass on your comments regarding complimentary coffee to the Courtyard Brand leaders at Marriott Corporate Headquarters.

I have shared your comments with our staff. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If there is anything I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 301-498-8400.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am very disappointed. The customer service is horrible. I reserved a room for my fiancé knowing that he had to work late & stay in the area to be able to work again early in the morning. I spoke with four different employees about my concerns of how to pay & if it would be an issue to use my card, knowing that I wouldn't be there when he checked in- no one mentioned anything about an authorization form that I supposedly needed to sign for him to get the room. He showed up around 10:30pm & ended up waiting for over an hour to get everything sorted out. Not once did anyone offer some water or anything to make my fiancé more comfortable while he waited on an issue that could have been taken care of prior to his arrival. Once my fiancé finally did make it to the room, the refrigerator didn't work, so he was unable to keep his lunch for the following work day. We were offered nothing to compensate all the inconvenience we endured- not a discount or anything. To pay so much money for such terrible service was a true slap in the face. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless of course you're into wasting money & poor service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your expectations were not met. Your experience is certainly not typical for our hotel and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you and your fiance experienced.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me at your earliest convenience so I may look into this further. It is only through feedback from our guests such as yourself that we are able to improve. Please contact me at the hotel directly at 301-498-8400.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel this weekend. It was in the perfect location for our needs and the hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. Check in was a breeze and Christine(a?) was professional and friendly. She was also knowledgeable of the area and was happy to give us recommendations. We had a king suite and I found the room to be clean and comfortable. The morning after our first nights stay we discovered a leak in our room. I spoke with Mia at the front desk who also was very nice and professional, and she had the situation handled in an expedient and efficient manner. Every staff member we interacted with was friendly and professional. Our rate included breakfast daily at The Bistro. We found that the menu had something for everyone and the food was plentiful and quite good. The counter person (unfortunately I did not catch her name) was very nice and helped us with our choices. Overall I say this is a great hotel and we are definitely planning to stay here on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

very nice spot was very happy after having a bad nights sleep in virgina at dulles.The room was nice as usual the hotel was pretty much empty. what a great time the hot tub just to my family the food area nice and empty the food was excellent and staff great. stayed for 2 nights a beautiful time thanks for the great time staff of marriot.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade? Share your experiences!