“I forgot how good this hotel is” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“I forgot how good this hotel is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I travel to the area quite often on business and used to stay here quite frequently but have been staying elsewhere over the past few years.

The rates are typically decent, depending on what is going on. The location is right off the BW Parkway (295) at the intersection of Rt 32, next to Ft. Meade and the NSA as well as office parks with non-descript buildings that seem to have excessive security and black SUVs sitting around. Hmm...wonder what goes on there??? Lots of the guests appear to be government contractors and former military.

Hotel is a little atypical for a Courtyard in that it is 5 stories and a straight building as opposed to be multi-sided facing a courtyard.

What I forgot is how the rooms seem to be a step above the typical Courtyards. They seem somewhat larger, bathrooms include the sink and vanity and have stone counters. They have decent built in wardrobes and desks as well as soffits with spotlights giving a softer lighting. The rooms also appear to be larger than most and any I have stayed in have fridges.

This one has the Bistro concept which replaced the full service bar and restaurant they used to have. They also offer room service for dinner. I had dinner in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised at the quality.

If location wasn't a concern, I would stay here more often. The thing that turns me off is that it is sort of on an island to itself. In some directions is Ft Meade and the associated businesses, in another direction are distribution centers and freight yards. There is nothing close by, with the Arundel Mills mall being the closest. For this reason I usually stay in the Annapolis area to have choices.

Depending on my schedule and expected downtime, I will probably make it a point to come here more often when I'm just planning an airport to office to hotel to airport trip.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cornelius, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the Renaissance festival. The rooms are good size, the indoor pool was relaxing. The hotel is more for the business traveler but the weekend rate was great. We ate at the hotel Bistro one night. The food was great. The breakfast was good also but overpriced. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you choosing Courtyard Fort Meade for your recent stay in our area. I appreciate you taking time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to our staff. We are very proud of The Bistro and the many great food options it provides!

I am glad that you found our weekend rates a good value. For an even better value, we do offer rates that include breakfast. Currently, our Stay for Breakfast Package includes breakfast for two, and children 12 and under eat free. This promotion is valid through December 31, 2013. Check our deals page or ask at the desk for more information.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with reservations.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I arrived, without a reservation, late Thursday night (9:30ish pm) after attempting to drive home on a few hours sleep. Too tired to sit through any more traffic I needed a place to crash fast. I knew the Marriott would have someone at the front desk, and they did. Jasmine provided me with a snack, water and a room. I knew the Marriott would be expensive ($192 or $150 with AAA), but worth it for a weary traveler. I have stayed in two other hotels near the NBP area and this Marriott was the cleanest so far. There is a safe in the closer big enough for your laptop. The hangers are very nice. There is a full size ironing board/iron, a mini coffee maker and a good size fridge, but no hair dryer. Plenty of nice fluffy towels and the bed was a very comfy king with lots of soft, lush pillows. I usually do not put my bare feet on hotel carpets, but this carpet felt good under my aching feet and looked very clean. The window curtains block out all the light- perfect for sleeping. The trouble with hotel rooms for me is always the noise from the air conditioner. Unfortunately the wall thermostat didn't seem to be working properly. It kept the room cold, but rattled when on and never adjusted off when the temperature was reached. Shutting the fan off manually made the room too hot, so I turned it back on. Good thing I brought earplugs! The room has a great desk and love seat. There is a whirlpool hot tub that is nice and a mini-pool (maybe 15 x 10); not big enough for lap swimming. The lobby is very nice as are courtyard areas. If this hotel provided a complimentary breakfast it would be a better value. Most other hotels in the area are under $100 a night and serve grab-n-go or continental breakfast. Try Touché and Touchet 10 minutes up the road if you want great coffee and breakfast croissant sandwich. Overall I am glad Marriott took me in without notice. Thanks Jasmine!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the Fort Meade area. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay. I have shared your comments with our team, especially Jasmine!

I apologize that the HVAC unit was loud. We are in the process of replacing many of the units and I am sure you will be pleased with the quiet operation and large, user-friendly wall thermostats on your next trip.

I also want to mention our package rates that include breakfast. They provide a great value. Currently, our Stay for Breakfast Package includes breakfast for two, and children 12 and under eat free. This promotion is valid through December 31, 2013. Check our deals page or ask at the desk for more information.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very proud of our team and hotel. Please do join us on your next trip and continue to recommend us!

I am happy to help you personally with your next reservations. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott customer and I travel frequently to the Fort Meade area. Recently I moved my hotel to the Courtyard after the Arundel Mills Mall traffic was unbearable. In past visits this hotel was very nice and exemplified the Courtyard brand. During this stay it appears that management has taken its eye off the ball. The room's TV was non-functional, the picture was distorted making it useless. Housekeeping couldn't vacuum the cashews left by the previous guest after two days. The water pressure was dreadful, I had better showers in Afghanistan. Lets hope management gets their act together, next time I am staying at the BWI Courtyard and making the extra few minute drive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. Your experience is certainly not typical for our hotel and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

We have recently replaced some defective televisions and have reviewed our housekeeping standards with our staff. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments and I invite you back to try us again.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

In the words of the front desk manager, "This is a business hotel". Apparently it was built for single occupancy, as both the length and width room dimensions were the smallest of the Courtyards I've stayed in around the world. As a result , the air conditioner blew right on the bed all night (and sounded like a freight train), and my spouse badly stubbed his toe trying to maneuver around the bed and furniture during the night.

The nearest services (gas, coffee and food) were over a mile away, and by the time one follows all the Gps directions they were typically a minimum of 4 miles. If it weren't for the brand loyalty to Marriott, and the cleanliness and consistency of services, I wouldn't recommend this hotel for the casual traveller.

• Stayed July 2013
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here to retreat from a couple of days of power outage. It was just OK. Typical Courtyard. Nothing out of the ordinary. The bed was OK, the commode-shower area was very bare bones, but the room itself was spacious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room the doesn't face Rt. 32.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

May is a busy time in the Washington-Baltimore corridor, it was hard to find a room for a couple days, this was the 4th place I tried. This is the usual Courtyard, adequate and clean. The layout is familiar and typical, so that's a comfort. The room was sufficient, although the bed was a bit hard. The Bistro is okay, but most of what they serve is pretty common. Quesadillas, roast beef sandwich, chips, beer and wine. I also wish that breakfast came with the room. Because it mostly looked like 'microwave' breakfast, we decided to try our luck at nearby places like Bob Evans. The pool is tiny and the patio area was okay, but other Courtyards have much more inviting areas.

Room Tip: The Courtyard is easy to get to if you are coming from the BW Parkway, right off Route 32. It is a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis Junction
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort...
#2 of 2 in Annapolis Junction
4.0 of 5 stars 38 reviews
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade? Share your experiences!