I travel to the area quite often on business and used to stay here quite frequently but have been staying elsewhere over the past few years.
The rates are typically decent, depending on what is going on. The location is right off the BW Parkway (295) at the intersection of Rt 32, next to Ft. Meade and the NSA as well as office parks with non-descript buildings that seem to have excessive security and black SUVs sitting around. Hmm...wonder what goes on there??? Lots of the guests appear to be government contractors and former military.
Hotel is a little atypical for a Courtyard in that it is 5 stories and a straight building as opposed to be multi-sided facing a courtyard.
What I forgot is how the rooms seem to be a step above the typical Courtyards. They seem somewhat larger, bathrooms include the sink and vanity and have stone counters. They have decent built in wardrobes and desks as well as soffits with spotlights giving a softer lighting. The rooms also appear to be larger than most and any I have stayed in have fridges.
This one has the Bistro concept which replaced the full service bar and restaurant they used to have. They also offer room service for dinner. I had dinner in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised at the quality.
If location wasn't a concern, I would stay here more often. The thing that turns me off is that it is sort of on an island to itself. In some directions is Ft Meade and the associated businesses, in another direction are distribution centers and freight yards. There is nothing close by, with the Arundel Mills mall being the closest. For this reason I usually stay in the Annapolis area to have choices.
Depending on my schedule and expected downtime, I will probably make it a point to come here more often when I'm just planning an airport to office to hotel to airport trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated conveniently between Annapolis, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., the Courtyard by Marriott Ft. Meade at the National Business Park is minutes from where you need to be. Whether you are traveling on business or leisure, our Courtyard brings a new look to the metropolitan area. We welcome you to enjoy the area's many historical, cultural and entertainment offerings. Our hotel is located within minutes of both Ft. Meade and NSA. Our 140 guest rooms feature free high-speed Internet access, a spacious work area, a comfortable living space and mini refrigerator ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bwi/Fort Meade Hotel Annapolis Junction
- Courtyard Annapolis Junction
- Annapolis Junction Marriott
- Annapolis Junction Courtyard
- Courtyard Hotel Annapolis Junction