“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade

You added TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 National Business Parkway, Annapolis Junction, MD 20701   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Maryland
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff here is fantastic, they really do a great job!, it seems like they love their job. Kudos to the Managers. This location is perfect for me, it is a quick drive to my building and all major roads like 295.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This hotel has been my home for 4 years non consecutive. The Staff is fantastic and very friendly. The Managers and team have been there for long time and had become my friends over the years. I just want to let people know that this is a terriffic hotel, with clean rooms, and staff that will make you feel welcomed. O and they do have elevators and hot water. Thanks guys

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We needed a two bedroom with a kitchen, and this was one of the only options in the area. The hotel is older, and smells, we've found stink bugs and lizards crawling around regularly. The power has also gone our for many hours, and we woke up covered in bug bites. Avoid if possible, we will certainly never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sierra Vista, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Upon late arrival, the rang the bell for 4 minutes before they arrived at the front desk and let me in. She did have my room keys and so check in at that time of night was efficient and quick. The morning of my check out there was no hot water in the shower of my 3rd floor suite after 20 minutes of being on. In room, coffee pot was taken by housekeeping and never returned. No elevator to 2nd or 3rd floor which is tough on families or people who over pack. Great kitchen for long term stays. Nice pool. The breakfast was great and quick. When I told the front desk attendant that I had no hot water in my room, she said "sorry about that" with no compensation or recourse.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room if you dont want to haul luggage up the stairs
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Conway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights while touring DC, Baltimore and Philly. The location was great. Close to Arundel Mills Mall and restaurants and about 20 min. from the metro. The hotel staff was always friendly wether it was the desk personell or the house keepers. The freed internet worked great. We made use of the guest laundry while we were they as well as the small fitness center. They do have an outdoor pool but it is not managed by the hotel. It is only open from noon to 8pm which is not very convenient. Also, it seemed to have trash in it all the time. The breakfast consisted of cold cereal and yogurt and there was no place to sit. I would recommend utilizing the kitchen in your room for breakfast. The rooms were always cleaned well and they were spacious. The beds are very, very, HARD. That is probably they worst things about the whole stay. The property was nice and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
La Costa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were staying for one night between flights and arrived late, after midnight. Our room was not what we had reserved. The night auditor, Michael, was superb. He saw how tired and frustrated we were and called our room in 10 minutes and fixed it for us. He went above and beyond normal customer service. He made our short stay wonderful. The hotel was clean, easy to find, good value and we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights in Feb on business. This TownePlace Suites felt old - the furnishings looked like they were purchased from a liquidation sale. Not nearly as nice as the TownePlace Suites in Arundel Mills which seemed more upbeat, better managed, and had rooms that were bright and modern. This felt dinghy and old. The walls seemed to be super thin - I could hear both neighbors all the time. The whole hotel to include my room smelled like smoke. I was on the 3rd floor near the stairs and smokers would gather near the door outside and smoke so it's possible the smoke just lingered.

The free breakfast here is rather pathetic - juices placed in a bucket and not cold. The office has a small shop to purchase drinks and snacks but the selection is small and the front desk manager could not break a $20 for me and had no water for purchase. The fitness center was sad as well.

We had some sleet during my stay and when I walked outside to head to work, I slipped on the sidewalk and fell completely on my back. I went to tell the manager to consider sprinkling some salt on the sidewalks but he/she was nowhere to be found. In comparison at the Arundel Mills TownePlace suites, I saw the manager and a few workers out shoveling snow themselves early in the morning after a snowstorm making it safer for guests.

On a positive note, the room was clean and the beds were typical Marriott comfort. But it wouldn't be enough to make me want to stay here again. This hotel borders on poor but I settled on average only because the rooms were clean. Really not deserving of the Marriott name. Try the Arundel Mills (Hanover) TownePlace Suites instead.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis Junction
Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade
Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort M...
#1 of 2 in Annapolis Junction
4.0 of 5 stars 79 reviews
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills

Been to TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade? Share your experiences!