“Great experience - slightly dated!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
toronto
“Great experience - slightly dated!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our first trip to Annapolis and we were planning to stay in the area for three days so wanted to look for a Hampton with a King suite, as we have had great experiences with Hampton so far. After reviewing the local options and comments from fellow TripAdvisor travellers, I chose this hotel. My wife and I were glad we did. Staff were very friendly and courteous. The room though perhaps a bit dated for some travellers, was exactly perfect for us. We found the suite layout very convenient and comfortable. Having the option to prepare some simply meals in the kichenette instead of eating out was a pleasure, though we did not use it this time around. The only negative comment I would make about the unit is the fact that there is a spacious area outside the washroom and shower area, with only one small sink. The countertop area has sufficient space for a second sink which would make for additional convenience getting ready. Breakfast was available every morning in the lobby and offered an excellent selection for anyone's taste. Overall a great experience and we would definitely choose this hotel again if we find ourselves back in the Annapolis area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you very much!!! We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will without a doubt, pass along your kind words regarding the staff. we try hard to make every guest stay with us as pleasant as possible. As far as our property being dated, we agree. Plans are in the works for us to update the property in a manner that least effect our guest stay experience with. I will tell you that your suggestion of a second sink in the bathroom area is excellent one. I will happily pass that one on to the decision makers for future consideration.
Again thank you very for your time and comments. We all look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Argyle, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the second time in several years that I stayed in this hotel. The location is great, as it is in a low traffic, business area which allows for walks and stress-free driving. There are numerous restaurants and lots of shopping in close proximity. The rooms are what one expects from a Hampton -- not luxurious, but completely functional and clean. The hotel is quiet, and there is always a good selection of breakfast food. I would definitely choose this location again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to share your review of our property. We agree that our located in an excellent spot. Close enough to downtown Annapolis for the activities, yet far enough away for some peace and quiet. We will continue to work hard to uphold the Hilton and Hampton expectations. Please come see us again soon.
atbrc2001
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Pros: great entryway, good price for divided suite, good breakfast (included), fabulous staff!

Cons: our first room smelled musty and felt damp, we were moved to another room, but it had an overpowering smell of room deodorizer, it was choking!

The rooms are outdated and need a total makeover. However, the staff was so helpful and did everything they could to make our stay better.

• Stayed September 2012
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
First off thank you for taking the time to share with us your past stay experience. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. We will immediately look into the cause for the first room, as well as examine our policy regarding air fresher. We will continue our work to get it right for all guest. Again we do apologize.
Chuluota, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Recently stayed here in one of the King suites for 9 days. Peaceful, CLEAN, extremely comfortable. Breakfast selections were outstanding. Quick turn around, replenishment and variety. Extremely courteous staff all around. Very respectful and accommodating.Will be my first choice on my return to Annapolis.

Room Tip: The King suite was super ample and probably more than I needed but it was nice to have the space and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share with everyone your past stay. Thank you for the kind words. I will surely share them with the entire staff. We hope some day the only comments we receive are of the positive nature. Until then we will continue to keep trying.
Again thanks and come stay with us in the future.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great location within 10-15 min of USNA and downtown. Nicely updated hotel, great breakfast with lots of hot/cold options. Billiard table is a really nice touch, as is the fact that they are pet friendly with no fee! Room was clean and quiet. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We appreciate hearing from you, thank you for the positive comments. We love it when we get it right for our guest. We will continue reach for this level of service for all of our guest. Make sure you come back to stay with us in the future. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay.
Sandwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was rated 2 stars but it surpassed by expectations on the busy Labor Day weekend. Front Desk staff was very courteous and helpful. Rooms were very clean and cool. We originally booked a smoking room(my mistake) but called a few days before check in and the front desk said they would put in the request for non smoking but the hotel was sold out for the weekend. They came through with my request. The breakfast was as expected-adequate and free. The pool area was nice and clean. The cleaning staff was cheerful and friendly. Anyone who is looking for more amenties should go to a bigger more expensive hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. With so many options of places to stay, we appreciate choosing us. I'm glad we were able delivery a quality stay for you.
Thank you for your businees and we look forward to servicing you in the future.
The Plains
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

As a matter of context, I am a big fan of Hampton Inn and a HH Silver member. Hampton Inns normally knock the ball out of the park; start to finish! But, this time, I was disappointed. From best to worst, here are my observations...

As usual, Hampton provided a top-notch breakfast included w/ room.

The location is good with easy access to the waterfront and USNA (albeit a little challenging to find when wrestling with the Riva Rd, US 50, West Street mixing bowl).

The room itself was nice. However, we asked for non-smoking room and we got a non-smoking room...on a smoking floor, so the hallways were heavy with the smell of cigarettes - be aware of that.

The bathroom had no ventilation fan, which made for a very steamy bathroom after one shower with no substantive ventilation other than opening the door to the room. This was a big deal with two teenage girls plus husband and wife in the room. The air-conditioning unit for the room kept the room cool enough, but the absence of a vent fan made the room seem humid and stuffy throughout our visit.

Lastly, and this was the most disappointing, the hotel staff took a very miserly approach to "after the sale" customer service. I left a shirt and shorts in a drawer in the room. After calling the hotel once we arrived home, the staff stated that in order to have the hotel send my items to me, I would need to supply a credit card number for the Fedex bill. In my opinion, as a matter of providing world-class customer service, the hotel could afford the ~$5 for USPS shipping (or dare I say the $10 for Fedex) to guarantee my future business. Their decision to NOT send me my things without my payment for the postage surely will influence any of my future plans for hoteling in Annapolis. As a USNA '79 alum and long time visitor to that delightful town, I would assess the Hampton decision as "penny-wise and pound foolish". To illustrate my point with an example of world-class customer service: I lost a unique ball cap in the log flume at Kings Dominion. I had little hope of getting it back, but filled out a form at their lost/found office. Three weeks later the cap arrived in the mail with a small note thanking me for my visit to Kings Dominion (Kings Dominion paid the mailing cost). Hampton Annapolis could take a lesson.....

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, make sure you ask for a NS floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your disappointment in your stay, as well as your after satay experience. Although all guest are very important to us, we need to a better job recognising our Hilton Honors menbers. In regards to both the ventilation of the bathroom and the lost and found, i would like to apologize. I will look into both of these issues so that moving forward we will address them with greater urgency.

I again appreciate comments and promise we will strive to improve our service for all guest.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis? Share your experiences!