“You do not get what your pay for.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Horseheads, New York
“You do not get what your pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked through orvitz only to arrive and have them give us the wrong room, as in wrong number of beds. From the 2 double bed room we were put in a king with handicap access ( the bathroom was as big as the rest of the room). No other rooms available then the front desk tries to charge us for a cot. Not happening she denies the error is on their part and tries to blame orvitz. So get to the room she brings the cot and the room is so small you can not unfold the cot unless you are willing to (1) block the exit and the bathroom door (2) rearrange the entire room furniture. We make a call to orvitz end up on a three way phone call with orvitz, front desk and husband. The front desk insists she can not reach a manager. No other rooms in town and it is 10 at night all 3 of us end up sleeping in one bed. Not happy with the team at hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Suffern, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dad and I were traveling Route 301 down to Florida and stopped for the night in the suburbs of Annapolis, Maryland. Amanda was very sweet and helpful at the front desk and was able to provide us with a very accessible room for my 91yo father and me. Two queen sized beds, desk, very quiet heater/AC unit, clean. Everything you have come to expect in a hotel. The bed was very comfortable, also. I have no complaints. Breakfast was complimentary. The selection was not that extensive but we enjoyed it. The scrambled eggs were a little rubbery but we didn't get there til 8:45am and it closed at 9:30! I got a very nice government discount which I really appreciated. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here one night for an overnight shopping trip- great place to stay! Fast check-in and out- clean and comfortable rooms, great free breakfast- eggs, bacon, waffles, muffins, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice! Delicious! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

First, the hotel met my needs: clean room, felt safe. Near enough to Annapolis for my needs. I was disappointed by the woman who checked me in; she seemed indifferent to my arrival. For breakfast I stuck with cold cereal because the bacon was gross and the eggs were cold. Be aware that downtown Annapolis is about 10-15 minutes away, depending on traffic. Again, the hotel was okay for what I needed that night, but I think it was just average, and I felt I paid too much for what I received.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Was a little concerned about this place but it was the only one I could find that was available during a Navy Football weekend. About 5 miles out of the heart of town but therer are planty of taxi's that will run you into town (for 6 of us one way around $20.00). Room was clean and plenty of room. Beds were comfortable. A little scary on the outside and location does not look to be the best. However, we had no problems at all. Suggest you get down to breakfast early as they ran out before we got there - around 9:30. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
east coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When we pulled up to the hotel we were a little worried. The exterior looks dirty and unkempt. The lobby was not even attached to the bldg with the rooms. I do not like that...i prefer the lobby be easy to get to at all hours of night from room. There was a super 8 on the grounds but no problems there. Car was safe, neighborhood did not look too bad.

After checking in we went to our room. The stairwell was drab and looked kinda dirty. The hallways kinda drab and dark. Bit smelly. When we opened the door to the room I was pleasantly suprised. The room was large and bright. Bathroom nice size. Beds were comfy. Rug was clean. Nice flat screen tv.

About 15 minutes after we got to room really bad storm came through and the power went out. Was out for at least a couple hours. After about and hour we decided to leave to go get dinner (we had gone to hotel to freshen up but could not see in bathroom since no window). We had to leave door open to go bathroom. no word from staff. I heard some folks out in hall talking so went to check it out. a maintenace guy was coming down hall but he didn't know what was going on. The emergency lights were on in hall but just one on each end so the hallway looked very dark in the middle. Windows didn't open so room was getting a bit warm. Luckily while at dinner the power came back on. No fault of hotel (as entire neighborhood out)

I would go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The only reason this hotel is still in business, is due to the fact, it is located on the outskirts of the heart of Annapolis, MD where hotels are overpriced. This is the worst Comfort Inn hotel I have dealt with to date. The price after tax was $147.77 per night while offering below Comfort Inn standards. The exterior of the building is one of drabness. It seems that a Super 8 Motel is on the same grounds as well. Opt to pay more and stay closer to downtown Annapolis. Don’t send or pay for your family and friends to stay at this place. I am sorry, I did

While touting a non-smoking and non-pet facility room 130 smelt of animals. I am highly allergic to the dander of animals and could sense the prior presence of animals. The female night desk clerk seemed nice and professional but according to my sister the male manager was rude. Unfortunately, my sister and my handicapped cousin‘s two night stay was cut short by an electrical blackout due to a severe storm. The power went out overnight the first night, with no continental breakfast available in the morning, management recommended a local restaurant while not offering a discount on the night stay to comp. for the lost breakfast. So much for hospitality! Then, after returning that night from a local family cookout at 11:30pm, the manager was mad that my sister for returned late as they were requesting her to vacate the two rooms. Is it the manager’s business when paying guests return to his or her room? Management did not recommend vacating the rooms early in the morning when they knew the power was out. I guess the manager was mad about wanted to go home? Then, since my sister had to retrieve luggage from the rooms at the very end of the hall, she requested the manager escort her and my handicapped cousin to the rooms as there was no lighting. The manager gave my sister a flashlight to go herself. Classy, very classy!

Room Tip: Do not choose room 130 if you have pet allergies