“Perfect Engagement Night Thanks to Ernesto and the Staff at Sheraton Annapolis!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Annapolis Hotel

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2006

My stay at the Sheraton Annapolis was truly remarkable. I had planned the Friday before Christmas as the night I would propose to my girlfriend. I booked at room at the Sheraton Annapolis over the phone and the person in Massachusetts booking the room was honestly one of the friendliest and helpful people I have ever encountered. She informed me of a free shuttle to get us around town to our dinner reservation, etc. Throughout the week I received e-mails from the GM asking if there was anything that could be done to improve my stay. I did in fact call the GM and he guided to my to the concierge Ernesto. I spoke with Ernesto several times througout the week and arranged for champagne, flowers, etc to be delivered at a specific time. He was very nice on the phone and asked questions to ensure my satisfaction with the setup. Friday came and so did the rains...I was worried about traffic from Baltimore so I contacted Ernesto to arrange the flowers, etc arrival time. Upon speaking to Ernesto he informed me that he wanted to upgrade me to the Presidential Suite as their was vacancy for the night. I was gracious for the thought and carried on to the hotel. Upon arriving we were greeted by a very pleasant young lady at the front desk...who asked me under her breath how I was doing with the engagement...while the girlfriend stepped away for something in the car. It was apparent that everyone in the Hotel was on board with my plan. We took the elevator to the suite on the 6th Floor and she was very surprised with a gigantic suite with a bar, living room, dining area, enormous bed, very large bathrom and 2 flat screen TV's, robes, etc. It was absolutely perfect and she said Yes in the room! Following my engagement we went back to the lobby where we were met by Ernesto and the staff at the Sheraton with congratulations and a shuttle to our restaurant. They truly did make us feel like the only people in the hotel, it was fantstic. We returned from dinner and went to the hotel bar where Ernesto bought us champagne and a round of drinks, and the young lady working the counter gave us drink coupons and passes for free breakfast. We spoke with Ernesto and thanked him for making our engament night such a wonderful experience. We retired for the night and woke up to a fantastic breakfast and began our journey to NY to show off the ring. In summary I booked the room blindly at the Sheraton Annapolis not knowing much about it or how it would fit into my plans for the big night. Ernesto and the staff at the Sheraton went completely above and beyond to make us feel very welcome. My bill was $155 for a Presdiential Suite (usually $450), champagne and roses to the room ($60?), shuttle to downtown Annapolis, free drinks and comp breakfast. Oh and the Hotel was extremely clean, nice and possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Sheraton Annapolis is top notch.

• Liked — Unbelievable staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Speak with Ernesto he is great!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Vestal, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

We stayed here in January 2005 as well as February 2006 as attendees at an annual meeting at the hotel.

This establishment is top-notch. The lobby is beautifully appointed and there is a small, cozy bar with a fireplace. The food in the restaurant is sub-par, however. I would make a trip to one of the nearby eateries instead.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. We had wonderful service and a very patient staff who politely reminded us to keep the noise down.

The location is wonderful. It's within walking distance to a nice mall and several restaurants. We would stay there again without hesitation.

Stayed February 2006
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

We stayed at the Sheraton Annapolis for 2 nights during Boat Show weekend. I was impressed with the spaciousness, comfort and cleanliness of our king bedded room which was on the Club Floor level.
The hotel is directly across from the Annapolis Mall which made for convenient shopping and moviegoing on our first day when a wet and windy "nor'easter" hit the area. When we attended the boat show the next day, the hotel provided free shuttle service to and from Annapolis Harbor (approx. a 10 min. drive) , saving us the hassle and expense of parking in town.

Each morning we had an excellent large buffet breakfast, which was complimentary since we booked a Club Floor room. While the servers were friendly, the restaurant was clearly understaffed, something which should not have been allowed to happen during such a busy weekend.

All in all, I feel I received very good value for a first class property. In my opinion it compared favorably to our stay at the Loews Annapolis last year except that the cost for the Sheraton was less!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
El Segundo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2006

This hotel had tremendous service. When we arrived, we just barely mentioned that we were there for our anniversary...and 20 minutes later, the front desk sent a bottle of wine with a fruit/cheese plate + 2 breakfast vouchers. What a pleasant surprise!

The room service folks were professional and punctual. Even security was timely, when we had a complaint about the wedding party that was in the house. This is not the hotel's fault, just some people that were more intent on partying after a wedding.

Anyway, the restaurant servers were very professional and more than willing to give us a great experience.

My one critique is that the breakfast was sparse. I recommend getting there early. We arrived at 10AM, and there was no milk, no bread, no bagels. Once we asked about it...the staff thawed some frozen breads and scrounged up some milks. This was fine and not their fault. On a busy Sunday, I would expect to see a manager in sight making sure the buffet is as stocked at 10AM as it was at 8AM...afterall, this was my first impression of the buffet.

I would stay here again. It was close enough to the Marina, etc. Again...great service!

• Tips/Secrets — get to breakfast early!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Earth City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

I believe the renovations to the Sheraton Annapolis are complete because my room was very nice and the lobby was bright and welcoming. I used a combination of cash and spg points so I got a great deal for one night. It was an extremely busy weekend and when I inquired about coming back and staying on a Sat. nite I was told the rate would be $199.00. No way, is this property worth that kind of money, though. I also stayed at a Sheraton Premiere in Tysons Corner, VA and for $95.00 it was far superior. Like a previous guest stated, the rate should be in the $80-90 range.

• Liked — price I received
  • Disliked — location near mall
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

First of all, the name changed over a year ago to "Sheraton Annapolis Hotel" (Feb 2005). Starwood let these people down when the hotel went up for sale in 2004. But the new ownership and management team are making true progress. Trust me..I stay there on a weekly basis and I'm seeing it unfold before my eyes. Incredible improvements have been made to the guestrooms. We're just waiting to see what's behind 'curtains # 1 and 2' in the lobby renovations. The lobby is in dire need, but we can be patient. The staff makes all the difference in the world and it's been worth it for me to stay. They know my name, my preferences. I had to stay at that Radisson place a few times last year and earlier this year when Sheraton was sold out and what a joke the Radisson is - it smelled like a nursing home! Anyway,at the Sheraton make sure you get a renovated guestroom..that is key...bright, crisp modern and clean look. Sheraton Sweet Sleepers are the best! From what I can see, the meeting rooms got an incredible facelift too. If I have an issue, they handle it. Anyone can have issues, but it's all in how the issue is handled and the Sheraton Annapolis staff have never let me down.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2006

You walk into the lobby and thank god the desk agent was nice because otherwise the hotel is just plain BLAND. But we needed a room and didn't plan to hang out at the hotel so who cared. However we got into our rooms and while they were ok looking (new sweet sleeper beds) the bathtub areas were disgusting - thick with mold so black it looked like someone had used paint to cover the grout lines. Plus in room 205 - the ceiling was caving in over the shower. We also didn't have a working TV - the staff tried to fix it but after staying in our room from 10pm - 11pm trying to get cable working - we asked them to leave so that we could sleep.

Hotel was under renovation - it badly needs it - but I heard they didn't do anything to the tub area - so the worst part of the rooms are still going to be the worst part.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Sheraton Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!