“Met my needs, but didn't blow me away” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Met my needs, but didn't blow me away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I've stayed at the Sheraton Annapois several times for work and each time it met my need but didn't do anything to get an above average rating.

Price:
My last stay was a $89 pre-paid rate but usually is in the $129-139 for mid-week stays. I never tried Priceline, just book through the website directly.

Room:
The rooms have been average (or a little below) for decor to above average for bed comfort. The rooms appear to have a need for a renovation. Wallpaper peeling at some corners, the carpet having seen it's better days, the bathrooms functional but not much more. The beds are extremely comfortable. I did get upgraded to a suite one time that was a huge room. Some shape, but much larger. The wifi is free in the hotel.

Service:
I'm a platinum member of SPG and started staying here a few months ago. The front desk person remembered my name the last time I checked in and that was nice. The service has always been fast and pleasant.

Lounge Access:
I was disappointed in the lounge food options on the 6th floor. The appetizers have been a little dried meat on a stick, some small pieces of cheese that have sat out alittle too long (I usually get in around 8 pm) and some crackers. The breakfast has some patries and juice and a minimal amount of fruit. I haven't had a hot breakfast option in the lounge. The soft drinks and water plentiful.

Restaurant:
I've never ate at the restaurant, so can't judge that.

Location:
The hotel is close to the Annapolis Mall, so you have plenty of shopping options if you're staying here. It's not close to downtown Annapolis or the waterfront, but easy access with a car.

As I was planning this review, I felt like a 3 mark seemed low but didn't want to exaggerate the hotel itself. It's functional and has good service, but won't blow you away with decor or luxuries.

• Liked — Bed comfort and value
  • Disliked — Decor is dated
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Eastern Shore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

For the price of the Sheraton and the star rating I was extremely disappointed. The rooms were very small, the tile in the bathtub was breaking up, the shower curtain was mildewy. One of the beds was fine, but the other, when you sat on the end to put on your shoes, would sink to the floor, like an old worn-out mattress. This is the Sheraton, not the Days Inn. The furnishings were nice, but that did not make up for the condition of the room and the price. I won't be staying there again.

• Liked — Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful
  • Disliked — Room was very small and mattress was worn out!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

In most respects this hotel is what you should expect for the [~$200] price: good service, nice furnishings, good-sized rooms, etc. What really surprised us was how much noise from the hallway and the adjoining room came through the walls and doors. Normally you hear a little bit of all that, but this was considerably louder. When the phone in the adjoining room would ring, I thought it was our phone. And each door close/slam throughout the hallway was very distinct and annoying at 6am. The best description I can think of is that it was almost the noise level you'd expect if your door was wide open.
We were on the 2nd floor, and friends of ours mentioned to us the same thing about the 3rd floor.
Other observations:
The business center was convenient, with 3 workstations in it and 1 uncooperative printer. Elevators were strangely slow.

• Liked — No real highlights
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hyattsville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

The Sheraton is a clean, modern elegant hotel. Meeting rooms were very comfortable and service good. Banquet lunch was average. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Wifi was provided - always a plus! The hotel has a great pool and hot tub, fitness center was great with several good options for working out. Staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

My family and I have been staying there for summer weekend.
I got lots of bed bug bites. So, I've spend couple weeks after all for recovery. The hotel allows pets to check in and does not fume room appropriately. Keep away from this place. Keep away from this place.

• Liked — don't recall after all
  • Disliked — Bed bugs
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

This was our first time in Annapolis, and we booked this hotel because of the great rate ($100 for the 4th of July weekend). However, we didn't realize that the hotel allowed pets. There were so many families with pets in and around the property - to the point that we thought there was a dog show in town.

The rooms need to be remodeled - everything looked very drab and dated, and the walls were very thin. We could hear the next door family's entire conversation the next morning.

The hotel was easy to locate and is a good option for families, pet-owners, and last minute trip planners. We loved Annapolis, but next time, we will book in advance and pay a little more to have a room that we could enjoy lingering in.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — the abundance of pets - made me question the cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

I got this hotel for $63/night + taxes, after I couldn't get the Courtyard for my normal rate of $45 with Priceline...This was a slightly nicer hotel with more ammenities than the Courtyard...it had a free shuttle that would take me to/from the bus stop that then took me to the New Carrollton metro.
Beds and shower were comfortable...which is a requirement for my stays...room was nice, but I think it was some kind of a Navel Academy celebration week - as there were some rowdy families in rooms nearby past 11 PM (and when you have to be up at 5 to catch a bus into DC, it makes for a short night).
Annapolis mall is across the street, and there are several restaurants within walking distance. Free wireless internet.
Staff seemed okay....for the price, I would stay there again.

• Liked — Price and location, comfortable beds and showers, free internet and shuttle
  • Disliked — noisy rooms, also had to move due to traffic noise on south side of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!