“Hotel in good shape” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Mechanicsburg
“Hotel in good shape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is in good condition….been coming there every summer for a business meeting.
As long as it keeps up to the Sheraton standards, I’d recommend this hotel to anyone. There are many restaurants to walk to close by. Save your money and don’t stay in downtown Annapolis. Drive in from the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing Rt 50. Loud traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you user1571 for your awesome comments and that you would recommend us to everyone, we take pride in our hotel and glad it shined through. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Warm Regards,
Daryl Strayer, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was the first time I stayed at this Starwood property. I found the reception to be friendly and accomodating. The room was spacious enough for one business traveler with adequate receptacles for my PC and phone charger. Cleanliness was good. Bathroom well cleaned and clean carpets. The room rate was fair and not overpriced for the area. There is also a free shuttle to the mall across the street. You could literally walk to the mall if you wanted to. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I would stay here again when in Annapolis.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you Appricena for all the great comments about the property and how clean an friendly the hotel is. We strive to be the best every day and was pleased to hear you had a great stay and that you will come back. We look forward to you next visit, travel safe.

Warm Regards
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed because of a family function that was terribly orchestrated by the hotel and its staff. 200+ people crammed into a corridor and small meeting room to the side for cocktail hour; a simple buffet dinner wasn't served until 9:50 pm on a party that started at 7pm and ended at 11pm.
Dessert wasn't served until 11...party over although it was extended a half hour by the family.
Buffet breakfast was out plain bagels and when asked for more they brought more of the same and cold and frozen. Staff was more interested in their conversation with each other rather than to the customers!

Rooms were sufficient so if you just need a place to crash maybe but better choices elsewhere from event planning, food service and restaurant until hotel better run.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Stuart T, I was sorry to hear the event that you attended did not go as you thought it should have. We did go by the instructions of the event coordinator and how they wanted things to be served and the space they wanted. As for the breakfast we definitely could do better and I will see to it that we do. I appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed 2 nights recently while attending a professional seminar. Check-in was easy and the front desk staff was very cordial, providing me with information about the city and surrounding area. I found my room to be very clean, well furnished and comfortable and was looking forward to my stay. The hotel has its own restaurant which I found pricey but the hotel is located in a large retail area with many food options including 3 additional franchise restaurants within walking distance (same parking lot) and a large Westfield mall only minutes away with a full food court and other local fast food options near by. The downtown dock and market area is also only minutes away by car and offers great options for local seafood. The hotel provides WiFi service which worked fine from my room, however I was never able to connect my IPad or IPhone (with WiFi or 3G service) in the ballroom/workshop area which was very inconvenient. I reported this to the hotel staff and still don't know if the connection problem was due to the large number of people trying to access the same service at the same time or just lousy service. I would have scored this hotel a 5 if the connection had been there.

Room Tip: I was in room 215, view from the window is of the roof - ie NO view, but it was very quiet. There i...
Green Features: typical linen policy, if you want linens changed you put towels on the floor and card on the bed
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Karen, thank you for your kind remarks and comments about the hotel, I am sorry the wifi was not working very well in the ballrooms. I am glad to hear all the staff was cordial and you had a comfortable stay. We are centrally located and is a huge advantage to our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to you coming back soon.

Regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights as most hotels down by the water were booked. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms very nice. My only complaint was the van shuttle service offered to guests. It was totally unorganized. You never new when it was going to run. You might wait 5 minutes or you might wait for an hour before a van shows up. During my stay and multiple uses of the service, I heard many complaints from other guests that it was not a scheduled service. It ran whenever . The van driver however could not have been more pleasant. He was very polite, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you Mike for letting everyone know about our pleasant staff, clean rooms and that you had a nice stay. As for the shuttle, we unfortunately only have one and it is constantly running trying to take care of all out guest. Due to high demand the shuttle can take some time and we appreciate peoples patience. We hope you come back to see us soon!

Regards,
Hebron, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Was in the area to attend a concert at the Lyric Opera House in Baltimore. Absolutely did not want to stay downtown & decided to book a room here in Annapolis since it would be on my way back home. Had planned to shop the next day at the mall so it was a very convenient location. I found the staff very helpful, friendly & warm. Hotel was very clean, attractive & inviting. My room was the standard hotel room, nothing fancy. Bed was clean with crisp linens & possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The lighting in the bathroom needs to be brighter & the only major issue I had was with the shower the next morning. The shower head had absolutely no pressure whatsoever. Upon checkout, I advised the staff of the problem & they did adjust my bill. Was told someone would sent to see what the problem was. The hotel manager did contact me once I arrived home to acknowledge the shower issue & ask about my stay which I thought was very considerate. Would definitely consider staying at that property again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Trudy M, thank you for taking the time to write a review about all the nice things about us. We thrive in seeing reviews like this and also how we can become a better hotel. We look forward to you coming back soon!
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I realize that doesn't sound like a great way to start a review, but really, when the average review was a 2.8 to a 3.2 I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it was....The staff was great and my favorite part of the stay...I enjoyed the food at the restaurant (have the crab cakes!) and my room was clean and comfortable. I am very particular about hotel rooms and up until a few years ago I wouldn't even sleep under the covers...so I would like to say it was very important that I slept well, the bed was comfortable and the duvet was nice and fluffy. I was traveling all over the Baltimore/DC area and this place was centrally located and for the most part made traveling easy.

Room Tip: If you are traveling on business see if you can get a room without dogs next door, if possible. Eve...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michele A, thank for the comments and letting everyone know we exceeded your expectations! I am glad you enjoyed the staff and the food and we hope you come back soon!

Been to Sheraton Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!