“Nice place for what we paid” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Silver Spring, MD
“Nice place for what we paid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Booked the room for $80 (including tax) per night on Hotwire. Positives: Comfortable beds, nice staff, shuttle to city, decent gym, free business center

Negatives: Loud barking dog in nearby room, shower clogged up

• Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

We booked the room using SPG points so the price was right.

There was one semi-frazzled, but nice, front desk clerk. This seemed unusual since this was graduation weekend at the US Naval Academy. Check-in was painless, and since we had arrived late the room was ready. We were on the club floor where there was a small lounge that we did not get chance to use but it did not look spectacular.

The rooms were spacious and had a mini-fridge and microwave, along with the standard coffee maker. The beds were comfortable, as most of the Sheraton's are. Some of the light fixtures were modern and funky, one had the on/off switch on the cord on the floor. The bathroom was fine, we noticed the sink was very low making it hard for tall people. Basically, nit-picky things that most people would be fine with.

There were a few lights bulbs out in the room. I had meant to mention to the front desk but forgot. When we got back later in the day the maid must have mentioned it to them as one was replaced (I am guessing that they did not notice the desk one). To me, that is a sign of a caring staff.

Because of our short stay we were not able to take advantage of the lounge or the fitness facilities so I cannot comment on those.

As noted in the title this hotel is not downtown though is one exit away. It is located in a more industrial location with a mall and other shops and businesses nearby. There is a grocery store a few lights away and restaurants within walking distance. Otherwise there is not much to walk to in the area. There are shuttles from the hotel but I am not sure how far they went. As a cheaper alternative to the downtown/waterfront area it is a good option.

• Liked — Clean, standard of a Shearton
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

I'm very disappointed and writing this review FROM the hotel. We check out tomorrow morning. We were first given a room that had a broken shower....we had reservations and had only 20 minutes to get ready and leave and couldn't wait for it to be fixed so we were given another room. This room is filthy. The side table was wet and sticky. Last night I got very little sleep, the walls seem to be paper thin, I could hear people running up and down the hallways being noisy. You hear doors slamming at all hours. The fan where the heating/cooling comes out from is ridiculously noisy, every time it starts up again I'm woken up with a shock it sounds like a rocket ship is taking off!! The bed is very uncomfortable and the pillows are flat. My neck's been aching today after trying to sleep on those flat pillow. This afternoon I tried taking a nap, asked for some clean towels and another pillow to be brought up to my room. I waited 30 minutes....called again...waited another 30 minutes. Come on!! I'm tired and I just want to get some sleep. I called again and was told they had been delivered to the wrong room. This hotel sucks, I wish we had stayed somewhere else.

• Liked — The location was perfect for what we had planned this weekend
  • Disliked — bad service and I dont like filth!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
anywhere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

Eh - it was o.k. I stayed because my sister works for the company and got a really nice discount. Otherwise they would have wanted $149 from me. I'd have been very disappointed if I had paid full price.

The pool was really small.

It isn't far from Mike's restaurant, though. If you'vve never been to Mike's, you gotta try it - the food is great!!!!!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

Booked on Hotwire for the ridiculously low price of $72 a night. Heard the person before me on line paid $169. For $72 this place was a GREAT deal, for 169, I am not so sure. The Sheraton is definitely showing its age. The elevators are very slow, the rooms are clean, but a little beat up. The molding on the wall by our closet was broken off, and the paint was chipping off our door. The beds were very comfortable, the fitness center is all brand new top of the line equipment, and the staff was very helpful. Props go to Mark who not only gave us great restaurant suggestions, but made us reservations, and drove us downtown on the shuttle when the shuttle driver was off-duty. He made out trip! THANKS MARK!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — The bar was lame
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
UK/MD, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

I have to write this review to rave about Sheraton Annapolis. All in all the location is great (central to everything), the rooms were clean, the service and staff are so acommodating and made us feel like royalty!

We booked through hotwire so we knew it'd be a gamble to some extent. When we realized it was the Sheraton, we were more than pleased because Sheraton's have a good reputation. We were staying at the hotel over Christmas Eve and through the 2 of January. On Christmas Day I got engaged and once the staff heard, they wanted to shower us with nice gestures and all sorts of amazing things.

We were upgraded to a suite, not just any, but the second largest in the whole hotel. We received the hotwire rate for our extended stay and were given access to all of the perks. We walked into the room and were in awe that they had put a tray of fruit, cheese and crackers and wine and two wine glasses out on our dining room table. Tiffany and Mark were the most helpful and unbelievably generous managers who made it all happen.

Any time we passed the reception desk they asked if we were doing alright and if they could help in any other way. It felt so comfortable and welcoming after one day. We didn't want to leave.

With their attention to detail and going above and beyond any call of duty and anything we ever expected, our engagement, Christmas, my Birthday and New Years (all happened within 5 days of each other) was an experience I'll never forget.

We'll be going back there and recommending the hotel to any and everybody we can. Our family is flying in from England and we've already contacted the Sheraton to set up acommodations. Sheraton Annapolis, thank you so much. A special thanks to Tiffany and Mark for making it happen.

• Liked — Everything: service, staff, rooms, comfortability, food, location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2008

We were excited to find a great price, "January Special" at the Annapolis Sheraton Hotel. With a great price and nice pictures from the website, we decided to explore for a couple days in the annapolis area, staying at the Sheraton. It was a nice location, close to downtown.One of the reasons we decided to stay there was because of the indoor pool, a must for kids in the middle of January. To our suprise, the pool was closed in the middle of the day and we had to wait until the evening to get into the pool because there had to be a lifeguard present. The pool was posted to open at 4pm, and the lifeguard was late by about 20-30 mins. When initially going to the front desk asking about the time, they argued and said the pool did not open until 5pm, when it was clearly posted on the door as 4pm. After another customer went up to the front desk, they told us that it was indeed at 4, but the lifeguard was running late. Once the lifeguard was there, she was rude, unfriendly and did not act in a professional manner.
When we checked out the next moring, the lady at the front desk was rude and not customer friendly. I turned in our keys and said we were checking out, she proceeded to answer a couple of phone calls not saying anything else to me. After a couple of minutes standing there with my kids, I asked "Is there anything else I need to do?", without looking up she said no. And that was that. No, "Thank you " or "How was your stay?"
Customer service was lacking to say the least. When is it okay to treat the customers badly? Very dissapointed, I feel sorry for the customers who payed full price.

• Liked — The special price
  • Disliked — Hotel staff-Front desk, lifeguard
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!