“A Sad Sheraton !!” 1 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
“A Sad Sheraton !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Would never stay at this hotel again. The doors leading to the connecting room had mold growing. The room has fleas jumping everywhere. The Heating unit made sound all night like it could not keep up raming up and down. The hall carpet is torn and looks like dogs urine all over it. Going down the elevator it jumps up and down when it's on the floor(drops really scary and someone can get hurt, asked the guy who works on the building and he said it always does that really!!) Also don't tell you what floor your on so gotta guess if your on the right floor. Really Sad place and should be a junk yard and not a hotel. A Sheraton by a hospital that will send you there from the problems wrong with this place.

• Stayed February 2013
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
New and Improved Sheraton !! Dear Wmatt, I was terribly sorry about your experience and you have my sincere apology. Please note that we are updateing our hotel often and as of a few months ago the elevators were fixed and we now have brand new cabs as well. As for the rooms we are striving every day to have the cleanest in town. We have even freshly painted some and continue to update them. We have not seen any evidence of mold or fleas in our hotel, however we take feeback very seriously and will investigare. We hope you come back to see our new and improved hotel!

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was excellent! The rooms are spacious and clean. The food in the Club Lounge was good and the staff was friendly and accomodating. It's located across the street from shopping and the mall which made it the ideal location. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Annapolis, MD

Room Tip: Don't stay on the freeway side...Kind of noisy but tolerable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear sbwilliams5370, thank you for letting everyone know about our Excellent hotel. I apprecaite you taking the time out of your busy day to let everyone know we are the place to stay when visiting the area. We take great pride in our hotel and we are glad you noticed. We look forward to you coming back soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for a night early December and had a great stay. The front desk was courteous and accommodating, even though they didn't inform me at the time of check-in that they would add a temporary charge on my card. It would have been appropriate to notify me ahead of time since most hotels will take a credit card upon check-in but they won't make any charges even if it was temporary. The room was clean and spacious and conveniently located right across from the mall and many shops. Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear puddwick, thank you for letting everyone know you had an Excellent Stay. Thank you for pointing our the clean and spacious rooms we have. We look forward to you coming back soon to stay with us!
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed overnight for New Year's Eve 2012, and it turned out to be a good choice. Expedia messed up our reservation, but the desk clerk was patient while I straightened it out, and was as helpful as she could be, given the problem was not with Sheraton. Though we were initially given a room by the elevator, our request to be moved farther away from it was quickly accommodated.

The room was clean and relatively spacious. The bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was clean and adequate to the task. The compactness of Annapolis and the availability of inexpensive parking coupled with a free trolley makes the extra money not really worth staying in closer. They also have a free shuttle that we did not try due to the fact it stopped running at 10:00pm, and we planned on staying out until after the midnight fireworks.

Though we could see US50, noise from the highway was not a problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jmuskratt, thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your stay and that we are a solid choice to stay. We take pride in our cleanliness, service and having our guests enjoy their stay. We look forward to you coming back to visit us soon!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I told the Sheraton Annapolis staff I was handicapped and came to Maryland to see a neurosurgeon, about my severe neck and head pain. They gave me a wheelchair access room, although I was not a VIP. There is only one wheelchair access room, which is on the VIP floor. The manager gave me a key to the Club Lounge, so I could literally roll out of bed for breakfast and had access to snacks 24/7. I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff was so kind and generous and extraordinarily empathetic.

My room was spacious, very clean, had a microwave and fridge, large flat screen TV and a desk. The internet was free and high speed. The rooms have excellent insulation and I rarely heard any noise outside my room. My view was stunning. I could see the Annapolis Mall and part of the Anne Arundel Medical Center. The lights were very festive and I appreciated this in the evening...and Christmas is in 3 days!!

Staff was cheerful and greeted me, with a smile and a "How are you?" April, Brian, Yvonne, Tamika and Michele, in sales, answered my questions and always asked what they could do to make my visit more enjoyable. The ladies in the Restaurant/Bar were very friendly and made me feel welcomed. This was very important, as the Newtown, CT massacre of 12/14/12 had just happened. Everyone shared their feelings and it was a tremendous support, during this incredibly sad time.

Housekeeping diligently prepared the rooms daily, if needed. One morning I saw a lady scrubbing the metal elevator entrance, on her knees. To me this denoted a pride, in keeping the hotel spanking clean. Several times my key didn't open my door. Someone always came with a new key, in a timely manner. Public spaces were lovely, with appropriate art work for Annapolis, MD and the US NAVAL ACADEMY. The lobby had gorgeous Christmas decorations. They made me feel like I was in a home, albeit a very large home.

The Sheraton Annapolis is in a prime location, as it is surrounded by the Annapolis Mall, Jennifer Square, Restaurant Park, Festival at Riva and Annapolis Towne Centre. The Historic Annapolis Waterfront, the State Capital and the US NAVAL ACADEMY are only several miles away.

Eileen
Room 617

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Eileen, thank you SO much for all the wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. We take great pride in our service and cleanliness. It was a pleasure to meet you while you stayed with us and the staff really enjoyed having you here. Thank you again for all the great feedback and we will see you soon!
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This should have been a 5 star review but ended up nearly being a 3 star.

Firstly the positives:

Although from the outside, this looks to be another of your typical Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express type hotels that tend to cluster around junctions on major routes, it is not untypical of the usual Sheraton standard which means above average. You usually pay an extra $50+ on the nightly rate for those extra home comforts and higher grade facilities that you expect against the Sheraton name and get nickle and dimed for every little extra add on but with this particular hotel that's not the case.

I'm not sure if the $109 nightly rate for a standard double or king that I paid was typical but if it is, that makes this hotel great value for money.

The rooms are a good standard with very comfortable beds and high quality bedding.

Refridgerators and microwaves in the rooms

Complementary wi-fi - good job sheraton for not persisting with the additional fees on that.

Good indoor pool and hot tub (with lifeguard)

Excellent fitness center - high grade equipment.

Now for the downside and why it nearly cost 2 stars on the review. I was staying at the hotel with my family (5 in total) so we had two rooms - one on the side of the hotel facing the Mall and one on the side facing the road (US50). I stayed on the side near the road and I will say that you are not right on the road but even so, the noise coming from the road was very intrusive. We stayed over the Holidays so traffic volumes were lighter than usual but the level of sound proofing on this hotel seems to be poor. It was noticeable that most of the noise came through the walls and not the windows - hence the view on poor soundproofing. When I checked the noise levels in the room on the other side of the hotel you could hear a pin drop - it was that much quieter just by not facing onto US50.

A couple of other little annoyances:

The pool (presumably because it has a life guard) doesn't open until 5.00PM. Won't be a problem for most but frustrating if you are there during the day and can't use what is a very nice facility before you go out in the evening.

Breakfast - absolutely fine for the standard buffet variety that you see in many hotels which I personally really like as it allows you to get in and out as quick as you want. So why no toaster for bagels, english muffins etc - you have to ask the waiters to get these toasted for you. OK when quiet as it was when we were there but I can imagine that being annoying when it is full. Also, because it was quiet, its not acceptable for them to run out of just about everything in the buffet selection (sausage, bacon and eggs) which is what happened so just as well that we were not in a hurry as we had to hang around for them to bring some more out. They also charged my wife for the coffee that she had (that's all she had) even though you could get it free in the lobby 10 yards away. Obviously she would have got it from there if she had known.

Given the price we paid, I feel just a little picky in raising the negative points above but in a massively competitive market, this is often the difference between one off Customers and repeat business.

Overall though - I'd recommend a stay here, particularly if you get a Mall side room.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Mall side of the hotel, not the US 50 facing side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Statsi, thank you so much for a well thought out reveiw and pointing out all the great things about the hotel. We take pride in our hotel and service and appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback. We look forward to you coming back to stay with us as you travel back through the area and recommending us to others!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

The room was exactly what I needed, and the staff was very helpful & friendly. April, who worked overnight, was an absolute pleasure to speak with, and helped me with everything I needed: directions, info on the surrounding stores, sights, restaurants/convenient stores, etc. I definitely recommend this hotel & I will use them again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear DanAcostaAU, thank you for sharing you wonderful stay with everyone and pointing out our friendly and helpful staff. We love to see people will be coming back to stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Sheraton Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!