“Professional Hotel... Good Under Pressure” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Professional Hotel... Good Under Pressure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here during Hurricane Sandy while in the Annapolis area for work. The staff was professional and worked well under pressure. The hotel restaurant and bar's food and drink is nothing to write home about but the staff was pleasant considering they were the only food option for the hotel guests in the entire area. I enjoyed my stay here as it was in an excellent location near two malls and plenty of dining options. The room was comfortable and clean. Really enjoyed the comfy pillow and soft comforters on the bed. Only negative was that the toilet paper in the bathroom is probably some of the cheapest and roughest I have ever been exposed to in my life. I would expect higher quality for a Sheraton hotel. Other than that I would return to this great property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear JacksonJeep, thank you for taking the time to post such great comments about the staff and how professioanl they were even in stressful times. I am glad you enjoyed the room and it's cleanliness. We hope you come back to see us again soon but under better weather situations!

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton last night for my birthday and it was great. I received a birthday card from the front desk plus a few other special treats. The room was very relaxing and met specifications I made online. The mall is right there and a casino is about 20 mins away. We did not go to the bar or restaraunt, but had the h'orduerves (SP) in the Club Level lounge. It was very good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Raider9909, I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and you were able to enjoy the treats and lounge. We take pride in service and exceeding guests expectations, we love to hear guest definitely wanting to return, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Ocean City, Md.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was concern with the recent reviews but we didn't encounter any problems. It wasn't a resort type hotel but the room was clean and met our overnight needs. When we checked in we saw that we didn't have a TV remote. We called the desk and had a remote w/i 5 minutes. All staff were very friendly, starting with our check-in with Yvonne to the gentleman who brought our remote. Staff we passed in the halls greeted us with smiles. I was happy. Good job Sheraton!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear oc pat, thank you so much for for the great comments about the staff and our hotel. Yvonne is a great associate and we are lucky to have her, thank you again and look forward to you coming back to see us soon!!
Ft. Collins, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

First, tried to get into the Westin for the boat show, they were booked, referred us to Sheraton. Paid $20 extra for the "club level", which entitled us to the top floor and "great views"...of noisy Rte. 50 and "free breakfast" in the club lounge. The room smelled musty, had a tiny window and was poorly lit. One of the elevator's floor indicator did not indicate the proper floor. When the boat show started, the shuttle became extremely busy and therefore, unreliable. I called for it from the Westin, waited 20 minutes, it came and went without me, despite me informing both the Lobby Manager and the outside Valet that I was expecting it. Even after an urgent call from the valet to the Sheraton, the van never returned. Ended up paying lots of money for taxis to avoid the frustration of waiting for the shuttle. I almost live in hotels in my business so I know good hotels and bad hotels and this one is bad.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the club level if my experience is an example.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear TJC822, I am very sorry your stay was not as expected, we strive very hard to give all our guests a great experience. We do have a free shuttle service that runs on demand and with special events the van is continously running all day and is extremely busy with the high demand. The wait time can be longer than expected or even guest missed if not told an exact pick up location.We are a great hotel with great service and my apology to you for not meeting your expectations this time.
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our room was very good. The bed was comfortable, linens and pillows very nice. The room was extremely clean as was the bathroom. There was no external noise in our room as well which is extremely important to us. Internet a bit slow but it was acceptable for email and a bit of surfing. The negatives, the elevators give a poor first impression, they just appear shabby and don't inspire confidence, especially the way the doors close and the floor indicator sticks at 3. The restaurant breakfast was not great, food was not that good. There is no menu available for the restaurant in the room which seems an oversight. One night we went out for dinner and there was a group of about a dozen young men in the parking lot drinking beer, they didn't appear to be guests, they were there when we went out and still there when we came back. That certainly gave us cause for concern and they should have been rousted. Overall it was fine for the cost but it could be better with a few rough edges fixed up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Johnny D, thank you for the great comments regarding our cleanliness and our nice hotel. I was sorry to hear about the things what were not up to your standards, please accept my apology and rest assure we are looking at ways to fix them. The gentlemen you mention are guests of the hotel here working on the bay bridge, however we will be asking them not to drink on our parking lot. Thank you again for your feedback and look forward to coming back to visit us again soon!
Shenandoah Valley, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

If I were just rating the hotel itself, I would give it a very good, almost excellent. Reasons: Clean, quiet well-appointed room with 'fridge, lots of counter space, friendly maid; pool was lovely and exceptionally well done for a hotel, opening to outside patio and lounging; Jacuzzi however really lacked action, sort of like a warm bath; lifeguard was an unusual plus but he smelled unclean even amidst the chlorine; hot buffet breakfast in restaurant was average but room service breakfast with perfect poached eggs was excellent; free parking and perfect location across from mall and within several miles of independent theaters and great grocery; all contributed to what should have been a wonderful anniversary weekend for us. However, our purpose in Annapolis was to purchase a small (15') sailboat and trailer and advance conversation with hotel staff said no problem. Hotel was sold out so we parked it in an end space in the back so no one would get hurt on the mast or hit it with their vehicle. Then the nightmare began: The mast on the boat was vandalized the first of our two nights there, most likely by the contracted long-term group of people the hotel had given a grill and picnic table to in the back close to my boat & trailer. The hotel didn't want them hanging out in front of the hotel and I understood why when I realized that they basically had a drinking party all evening and night and even went so far as to relieve themselves in broad daylight and view the next morning. When we reported it at 11 pm, the front desk said they were guests and don't worry about it! It's bad enough to be vandalized but the real hurt came the next a.m. when the staff quoted legal text, didn't even bother to go see the damage, gave the excuse that the group were guests, that the MOD couldn't act on her own accord, and that we waited for three days for the GM to call us at home. From the moment of vandalism, the weekend was ruined by the lack of immediate action. The delayed action by the GM was fairly pathetic as well. Aside from all this, the front-desk staff is totally lackluster and couldn't answer basic questions such as "is there a charge for local and/or long distance calls," "please credit my account with the $5 you're offering me for not having maid service," pretty much everything we asked during the two nights we were there. All in all, it's a lovely hotel compared to the cookie-cutter chains and well priced compared to the downtown hotels but the GM needs to train his staff and delegate some responsibility to his MOD. Instead of stock answering all the reviews herein perhaps he could train his staff and avoid the criticisms in the first place. And contracted long-term lodgers should not be allowed to do things that occasional guests would not do. Oh, I almost forgot, the pool was lovely but the whole time we were there on Sunday morning, people were decorating the area for a party. Due to the language that was spoken, it may well have been relative to those contracted guests as well. Heck, just give them the hotel up front and I'll go elsewhere since they appear to be more important to you than the occasional overnight guest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Tellitkeitis2_12, Thank you so much for all the great comments regarding our lovely hotel I apologize once again for the event taking place and the mod not doing more at the time. As we discussed previously I apologiezed about the delay and gave compensation for the event that took place. We value all our guuest no matter who they are and want everyone to know we are a safe hotel. Thank you again for your feedback.
Ballantrae Ontario Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

No mini bar. Peeling wallpaper in room 207. Lovely view of the roof. No TV guide. No in room information about the hotel facilities. Front desk was not helpful in gaining internet connection. Finally resolved by the food and beverage manager. High speed internet is .82 mbs. Bathroom door lock was broken. Mold on the bathtub tiles. Comfortable bed. Spacious king room. Good location with multiple restaurants. Excellent shuttle service to the annual boat show downtown. Complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby. Complimentary USA today on each floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Timberbank26, thank you for the nice comments regarding our location, spacious rooms and Excellent shuttle. With your valued feedback we have addressed the other issues you have encountered. Please accept my apology for the issues but Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We hope that as you travel through our area againg you come back to see the changes we have made.

Been to Sheraton Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!