“Annapolis visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Timberlake, North Carolina, United States
“Annapolis visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

On the weekend of February 3rd. we stayed at the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel. We were there to visit the Navel Academy. Our stay was great , the room and facilities were clean and the staff friendly and courteous. We didn't know where to go or park for our visit so we asked one of the staff people and they suggested we use their shuttle. We did and I must say that Stephon Rawlings, our driver was very helpful taking us to a favorite restaurant on Friday night and picking us up when we were ready to return to the hotel. Saturday was just as great. Stephon gave us a tour of downtown, suggesting places to go after our visit to the Naval academy. Dropped us off at the gate to the academy and picked us up in the afternoon when we were finished. Stephon was not only our driver but served as a tour guide as well, pointing out historical buildings and other interesting facts about Annapolis. Will definitely stay with Sheraton on our next visit.

Thanks to all the staff at Sheraton Annapolis

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and mentioning Stephon. He is a long time employee and truly loves to take care of our customers. I express gratitude to you for pointing out our cleanliness and the friendly staff. We are very close in proximity to the Naval Academy, many great restaurants, historic downtown and provide free shuttle service. I am pleased to hear you took advantage of this service! Thank you again and I am glad to hear he made your stay and that you will be coming back to see us.

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Customer service was great, especially Brad at the front desk and Steffon, our shuttle driver -- who dropped my group off for dinner in Annapolis (downtown) and was waiting for us afterwards, instead of us having to call and wait for him to arrive. Very friendly staff! The only downside was the proximity of the highway, which was not entirely quiet at night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to recognize two great employees. We have many more and they all take pride in giving great customer service. We look forward to you coming back soon and we will be sure to continue the great customer service to you and every customer.
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed here before. I was a frequent traveler to Annapolis and now resident...
It is in a good location, outside town, walking distance to mall and many restaurants. In the past I have had excellent visits, this visit had a breakdown of multiple services.

I booked "club level". The room was not available and my reservation was changed without my knowledge from 6th floor club-level to 2nd floor room. The wonderful young lady I spoke with gave us a room on 5th floor with access to club level. Yes, not bad, but still an extra trip up the very slow elevator which feels like it could take 5 minutes to get to floor 5...

On my first night while chatting with my friend a strange man walked into our room with his key! Yup, they booked him into our room! He was pleasant and went back down to the desk for a new room. Whew, we didn't need to double bunk with a stranger. The next morning we were locked out of our room after our trip upstairs to the club-level breakfast since our keys no longer worked in our door and in my slippers I had to head to the lobby for new keys... The response from the desk was "we heard about this mix-up".

And upon getting my credit card bill I was charged $25 extra from Sheraton, Annapolis. Maybe it was the bottle of water that is free on club-level and not on the 5th floor? I don't know and after this visit I will say I really am just continuing my beating up by ther Sheraton and paying it as lesson learned and one to remember.

There are other nice hotels in the area. I have a review of a lovely Irish Hotel that has top notch staff and rooms. Just valet parking which was not possible with my friends trailer this visit..,

Room Tip: Use club level if available, choose a parking lot view over the view of Route 50 with lots of traffi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide TripAdvisor with feedback about your recent stay at our facility. Such feedback is very useful in helping us improve our operation. You indicated that you experienced problems with your stay. This is not the customer service I expect from my staff and this has already been addressed. My Front Office Manager has already reached out to you with an apology and made sure we took care of the hold for the $25 on your credit card. Please accept my sincere apology as well for the issues. Your business and patronage is very important to me. We count on your continued goodwill to keep us in business. Here at the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, we take pride in delivering exceptional guest service. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short in this case. I hope that your negative experience will not sour you on our hotel, and that you will consider us for your future stays when you visit the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012 via mobile

Ms. Alberto is a very nice and friendly lady. She welcomed me with open arms and made my stay pleasant!! I would like to thank her!! AAA+ for her.

• Stayed February 2011
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for your great comments about Sandra, she is an awesome employee and I am happy you pointed her out. I will be sure to share your comments with her! Thanks again, and look forward to you coming back the the hotel and bar!
Frederica, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

With being Marriott Reward Members, we very rarely stay at other hotel chains. This past weekend we stayed at the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel. Initially our "check-in: seemed to be going somewhat rocky however, the Manager - Mamadou Gueye, changed our entire stay to be an awesome weekend.

You cannot beat this type of customer service! Even while eating in the restaurant, the staff were friendly, conversational and very helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much so, and was impressed at the cleanliness of the hotel, that we are again booking a room for this coming weekend to enjoy the pool and Annapolis area with our 6 year old son! Thanks Mamadou!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback regarding your Awesome weekend with us. We appreciate you mentioning the great service, cleanliness, the staff's friendliness and most of all switching over to the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel and coming back next weekend. Mamadou is a genuine person and is here to serve our guests, he is a simply great. We all look forward to seeing you on the weekend!
del haven, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

we stay here almost every january and love it. convenient location to everything. this trip had a minor problem with the heat thermostat. was fixed within 30 mins. wife took their shuttle over to the nearby mall. driver, mark spriggs was wonderful to the ladies and came right away when called, helped them in/out of the van, polite etc.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor you love our hotel! It was great to hear we were able to fix your problem in a timely manor! Mark is a true asset to the hotel, thank you for mentioning him by name, for his great customer service, and that he was so accommodating. We look forward to you coming back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

my experience at the Annapolis Sheraton is good. The hotel is always clean and the staffing is always pleasant and greets me when they see me. the restaurant food is very good. The rooms are always clean and well stocked. in particular, Stephon Rawlings and Jessica Rodriguez are examples of great hospitality. They are always pleasant and willing to assist. i look forward to my return trips.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you Maurice for your kind remarks regarding the staff and mentioning Stephon and Jessisca. They are valuable memebers of the team and go out of their way to give great customer service! I am pleased to hear you like our new menu in the restaurant and the cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Been to Sheraton Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!