“Enchanting Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Enchanting Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I and our two kids had the opportunity to stay at the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront e end of June, and we were blown away! We got two rooms, one of which was one of the King rooms on the top floor overlooking Ego Alley, the waterfront where the sailboats and yachts "stroll" up and down while folks drink cocktails and eat delicious food and watch them go by. The view was enchanting to say the least, and the room itself was larger than expected and very clean. We had a great time going down to eat at the restaurant overlooking the water and watching the boats come in and out of the harbor. The nightlife at the bar is pretty high energy, with a young, good looking crowd... Just don't get too close to the water's edge when the crowd is shoulder to shoulder... Almost went snorkeling without any gear! The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially the valets, who had my car ready before I could get down from my room every single time. That is quite a feat considering there is no public parking and all cars must us the valet. The location is incredible, walking distance from all the best sites in Annapolis, which is a very cool and historic city. We'll definitely look to return and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
chuther, Manager at Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Kendal G,
We like hearing your family had an enchanted stay with us! It certainly is relaxing watching the boats go by your guestroom window or out on our waterfront dock while you dine in Pusser Landing Carribean Grill. Our valet staff is the best in Annapolis. Thank you for the feedback.
The Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

You can't beat the location of the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, and their staff was excellent, too. Situated on the harbor in this tremendously historic and hospitable Chesapeake Bay town, the Marriott is about a 40-year old property whose rooms are well maintained and updated in decor and amenities. This was my third stay here; this time a three-night combined business/pleasure trip, We arrived around 6 PM on Wed., and were immediately greeted by a cheerful parking valet and bellman. Check-in was smooth, and we were given a standard king-size bed room, as requested - clean, comfortable and tasteful, if a little bit small. The only room complaint we had was the bathroom: updated & very nicely appointed, but very little shelf space for toiletries, meds, etc.

Out the rear of the hotel is Pusser's Landing, a dockside restaurant and bar that offered Caribbean fare along with Chesapeake seafood at moderate prices. I had two meals there - a very reasonable "All-American" plate: two eggs, bacon or sausage, home-fries & toast, juice & coffee for $10.95; and a lunch plate of grilled corvina, rice & beans, and Maryland crab soup - all very good (except for the crab soup, which was unremarkable by local standards) for $10.95 plus beverage. A very nice crowd and live music makes for a fun Happy Hour,watching sailing yachts and watercraft of all other sorts tie up alongside for drinks. Later at night, it gets quite crowded (Fri. night was mobbed) but not rowdy. Meeting rooms are on the first floor, off the lobby (convenient to elevators and restrooms). An average fitness room is on the 5th floor; it could stand to be a bit larger and better equipped, but was well maintained.

Most of the time, we ate in Old Town Annapolis, which began a short block or two from the hotel's front door. Many fine eateries and shops on Main St. and the surrounding blocks. Just another quarter mile east is the US Naval Academy, so worth a visit to tour the grounds and some of the buildings (especially the Chapel - magnificent!) About a half-mile up the hill is the state capital and surrounding government offices - but not at all "governmental" in appearance. Rather, they are mostly of colonial style (and some originals of that period abound in the area.) A little further on up was West St. and a host of eateries and pubs. A very walkable town, picturesque and intriguing.

Check-out on Sat. was equally easy, in spite of myself. After turning in the keys, we walked up the street for brunchI. When we were done eating, I saw a message on my phone: here, I had left an important medical device in the room when we pulled out. Thankfully, the housekeeping staff found it, alerted the front desk, and Nichola - my hero! - called every number they had on file for me - work, home, cell and secretary's - to see if she could catch me before we headed home. Thank you, Nichola!! You saved me several hundred dollars in replacement cost.

Valet service was prompt and most courteous in the three or four in & outs I made during the stay.

If travelling to Annapolis again, I would not hesitate to stay at the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront again.

Room Tip: Request a water view room overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jerry D,
We are so happy Nichola was able to contact you about your medical device before you left town! We do have excellent staff, prime waterfront locationsnd all in walking distance to shopping, entertainment, the US Naval Academy and many other historic landmarks. We are delighted you also enjoyed Pussers Landing Caribbean Grill Restaurant. They have the best food and views in Annapolis.
The Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Team.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The Marriott is an ordinary hotel in a very nice location-the water views are terrific. My room was reasonably nice, although the bathroom was quite small. At $350 per night, the value simply is not there. The restaurant is pretty ordinary too.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I spent a long weekend from July 5-7 at the Annapolis Mariott Waterfront. It was my birthday weekend, and I was visiting friends and attending conferences and visiting places across the bay. It's a great location!

My rate was excellent, due to Marriott's giving the government ID discount, and it made me feel like I was getting something special. The restaurant downstairs was good, though the prices were a bit high for me. But just stepping out the front door of the hotel puts you on any number of walking paths to great restaurants and pubs and specialty shops in the Annapolis Waterfront area.

I shared the room with a friend and the beds were big and comfortable, the room was well appointed, and the bathroom clean and upscale. I like this about most Marriott's that I've stayed in; they aren't afraid to invest a little more into bathroom space, and fixtures. And since bathing, prepping, and uh, well you know, are major activities when you're on the road, I always feel a little more at home in their rooms. The Waterfront Annapolis was no different.

The room was quiet, though with the waterfront view window opened at night, the bar noise from the club next to the restaurant was definitely noticeable. The View Was Excellent, day or night. A bucket of Amstel Lights, some bread, crab, and crackers, made it seem like I'd checked in at a resort on vacation, rather than on a weekend business/buddy meet up.

This area is filled with sports bars (saturday night UFC), eateries, Irish pubs, ice-cream shops, art galleries (with actually pretty great prices), jewelers, and on and on, that you would expect from an upscale waterfront location. La Jolla's Prospect Street has nothing on this neighborhood.

Though Pam S is correct, the parking is non existent, I found the valets to be polite and helpful. The hotel does get it's couple bucks from you each day for the service, but it was worth it not to have the hassle of finding a spot. With real estate like this, I expect to have to pay to keep the car on site.

I left the Waterfront Marriott on Monday, and told myself I'd be checking back in on another day. It was a value for me, and a great time. I left rested, relaxed, and happy, and I can't think of any better way to leave after a long weekend trip.

Room Tip: Askk for a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Abailz,
Thank you for staying with us over the 4th of July. We appreciate you comments on our great location within walking distance to everything and for enjoying your time in Pussers Landing Carribean Waterfront Restaurant. The crab dip is the best in town! We are glad you had a relaxing weekend. We hope to see you come back again.
The Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Staff
Onset, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We got a very special rate to stay here during the high summer season; I'm glad because I wouldn't have wanted to pay the full rate. The hotel was clean and the room comfortable, but I didn't find anything special about it. The location is wonderful, but parking is very tight (and valet). Check out is 11:00am, but the maids were knocking on our door around 8:30 and 9:00am. I notified the front desk about that as they shouldn't be pestering guests.

Room Tip: Elevator is quite busy in the summer months as the hotel normally fills. When possible, ask for a r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love this location! The hotel restaurant is on the bay. The front desk staff are average to poor in service, but Maggie the concierges is stellar! She was above and beyond, made room changes for us, put the extra towel in our room when maid service failed. She was so knowledgable. There is an on-sight washer n drier, one each only. Hotel provides detergent tide w bounce. 2$/wash. 2$dry. the valet is 22$/d w unlimited in/out. the walkability factor of this area is exceptional. Rooms nothing special. No pool. Gym tiny.

Room Tip: First floor seemed bigger
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Centreville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel has a great location next to water. There is also an in house restaurant that has great outdoor seating next to water. Accommodating amenities provided if you forget anything such as toothbrush. No pool nor spa at hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
chuther, Manager at Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Deat GWei,
We do have the best location in Annapolis! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We would be delighted to tell you about the many spas available in Annapolis. We also have a great relationship with other Marriott hotels located in a Annapolis. They allow our guest access to their pools. We hope to see you soon.
The Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Team

Been to Annapolis Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!