“One of my favorite places to stay in Annapolis, MD!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Annapolis
Pinehurst, NC
“One of my favorite places to stay in Annapolis, MD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We all have many choices when it comes to our travel; especially those of us that travel for our job over 175 nights per year! There are so many options, so many prices, but it comes down to CLEAN and FRIENDLY for me! It doesn't have to be the newest kid on the block or the prettiest landscaping on the block but IT MUST be CLean and I want FRIENDLY! When I am away from home I want a friendly atmosphere and to feel welcome. the Annapolis Marriott IS VERY CLEAN and is just THAT friendly place. I walk in and they never fail to make me feel at home after a long drive, they greet me with a smile and most of the time the valet guys call me by name! How many places do you stay where the guys taking or bringing your car call you by name? that is what is important to me and I will ALWAYS stay at the Annapolis Marriott when I have the chance; you visit and see if you don't feel like part of the family the minute you arrive!
THANKS to all the Annapolis Marriott staff for always making my stay with you THE BEST!

Room Tip: Every room that I stay in have been excellent and if it is not what I prefer they certainly find a r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
chuther, Manager at Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Crusinbellwoman,

Thanks you for your wonderful words! We will make sure we share your comments with all the hotel staff. We look forward to your return!

The entire Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

If I could do less than 1 star I would. I had a reservation, via Expedia, for 3 nights. I was arriving late on a Thursday night and called to confirm I had a room and make them aware of my late check in. I was told we were all set. Upon arriving at 11pm, I had to spend an hour arguing that I had a reservation, and getting Expedia involved. Finally, I was told we were all set. The next day, upon returning to my room, my key would not work. When My wife for them to fix the room card, She was told we did not have a reservation, our key card was not returned, and were told we would have to vacate the room. I explained that the issue had been resolved last night and demanded a key. I was reluctantly given one and haughtily told they would "look into it", but it was not their problem, but rather mine and Expedia's problem. I am sitting in my room, uncomfortable leaving, on hold with Expedia. At this point, the outcome is mute, the client service is appalling. Marriott should be embarrassed!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
chuther, Manager at Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Annapolis Waterfront Marriott on Oct 6, 2012 it was a pleasure having you with us. On behalf of the entire Annapolis Waterfront Marriott staff we do apologize for the inconvenience that you and your family encountered during your brief stay with us. After speaking with the 3rd party, they agreed they had made a mistake in the reservation by only booking one night. Unfortunately we were sold out for boat show and for the next several day. The 3rd party decided to pay for your relocation to another Marriott. We hope you may try us again in the future.
Merrimack, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you read more than the lead review, this property has a real mix of raves and rants. Some are valid, some less so. The bottom line is that this is a hotel and restaurant that is shoe horned into a very small piece of real estate. Parking is at a premium, hence they only offer valet, the number of spaces is limited, and quite often during a major event in the area, that parking lot looks like a city lot where there are no lanes, cars are wedged in so that it's possible they might need to move two or three cars to get yours. Valet staff is top notch; and I think they make the best of a bad situation.

On the other hand, charging for internet access in today's US hotel scene is something from days gone by; and smacks of monetizing every possible angle of potential revenue. (Only if you are gold and platinum is it removed.) Same with the $4 bottle of Fiji water. How about a $1 bottle of water?

To the hotel and restaurant, very nice accommodations, but true waterfront facing rooms are limited, and photos don't accurately illustrate this. 80% of guests will look at the roof of the parking garage along with a snippet of water, or the road on the other side. The central location means you can walk everywhere, you are in the heart of downtown colonial Annapolis; and that is worth something. If you look at the room rates, again, no opportunity to monetize an advantage is missed. Rates are closer to what you would expect in a more updated hotel; but this hotel is very clean and staff was friendly. I stayed on points; but would have had sticker shock had I not.

The restaurant? Three perfect breakfasts, and an evening light meal were all well served, and appropriately priced versus location. The restaurant is more dated than the hotel; and because it sits directly on the pier gets a lot of walk on traffic in the warm months; and it truly is a nice place to sit out and watch the water and the boats, and have a cold one. In the off months, traffic clearly isn't there, and that's when the age and condition really stand out.

The reviews tap it pretty well, lots to like but there are some quibbles and the small ones are needless enough that management should re-think their position on pricing something that really is no longer an amenity in today's world. A premium priced room doesn't charge to turn on your computer or let your phone use a wi-fi signal.

Room Tip: Ask about a balcony room; all others have good lighting and some water visibility but the term the t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sullivan's Island, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hotel is not customer focused and the rooms are shabby and musty. The only positive part of the hotel is the view.
We generally come every year for the boat show and every year they mess up our reservations. This year I booked in June and we arrived yesterday once again our reservation was messed up. If that wasn't bad enough I had talked to the hotel on three different occasions to confirm. Also the managers are totally unbending even though their employees had confirmed. That was the amazing part of the issue. When I booked they bill you immediately so they sat on my money since June which happened to be $500/night
We are constantly traveling and stay at many hotels all over the world and have never been treated as poorly as at this hotel. Since this was the fifth year that this has happened I felt people should be made aware of the ineptness of the hotels reservationist and hotel management.
Maybe a trip and stay at a Four Seasons, Westin, Hilton or Fairmont should be on their training list

Room Tip: Doesn't work I've tried for five years to do that exact thing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Annapolis Waterfront Marriott. We will be renovating all guestrooms. bathrooms and lobby next year. Please give our reservations manager a call so we can take much better care of you next year.
San Fransisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I travel a lot for business and this is the first time I stayed at the Annapolis Marriott.
This hotel has the best location and it is waterfront! The view from my room was spectacular. The service was amazing; professional staff and extremely polite. The room was spotless and the breakfast was delicious. When I come back to Annapolis I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stevensville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Staying at the only waterfront property in downtown Annapolis has it's benefits. The view from the patio room was lovely and very convenient to walk around the dock to go for a sail aboard the Schooner Woodwind. A clean room and comfy bed was the perfect end to the day. Be sure to enjoy breakfast at Pusser's Caribbean Grille located on the property for a lovely waterfront dining experience. The location is walking distance to all of the downtown touristy destinations, making this hotel a wonderful "home base" for a trip to historic Annapolis, Maryland. The Annapolis Marriott Waterfront is always on my list of places to staying when visiting Annapolis!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Beijing, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Poor value for money. Surly staff, food poor, rooms noisy and smelt. We were there for close to a week with 30+ people. Nonetheless service was poor. Great to be on the waterfront.

The one tip I would have if you find yourself there would be to push (politely) for better rooms, better food because you won't get either if you don't. They came across as old and spoilt.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AnnapolisMarriottRep, General Manager at Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your stay at the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront hotel. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Marriott. We apologize for your recent experience with our hotel. We do not want to disappoint our customers. We want to have the best location and service. We appreciate your feedback and will work hard to make the necessary changes and hope you will return to give us another chance when you come back to the Annapolis area.
Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Management Team

Been to Annapolis Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!