“Always Enjoyable!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston SC
“Always Enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Nice, clean room. Friendly staff. Great location to everything Downtown Annapolis has to offer! The views overlooking the Harbor are great – be sure to visit the dockbar :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I just wanted to personally thank the staff at the Annapolis Marriott and Pusser's Landing for an outstanding weekend. Everything could not have been more perfect. Never have I had such a warm welcome at check-in. and the personal touches that the hotel staff gives to their guests make me want to come back next weekend! I felt like part of the family! This hotel is perfectly situated right on the harbor, and the views are spectacular. We were within walking distance to all the main restaurants, but you really don't have to leave because the hotel restaurant, Pusser's Landing, is right on the water! The rooms were very comfortable, and you can see the many upgrades this hotel as done to keep their guests cozy. Thank you for making my weekend so memorable, and I will definitely be back. The service and the accommodations were outstanding.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The staff was wonderful and my room was very clean. The views are amazing and I enjoyed a glass of wine on the dock while working on my lap top. Every employee I encountered was friendly and accommodating. I requested some extra towels and they were delivered within 10 minutes! Impressive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I decided in a last minute trip to Annapolis for a Sarurday night since we were already in DC.

Rates have always been high at the Marriott Annapolis Waterfront but the location has always been the best.

Now after paying $450 for the night ( a little upgrade of $50 for allergy free "Pure" room)

It was an average hotel room.

We wanted a drink at the bar before we went out not knowing their bar is a Pussers bar and that every 20something stood in line for and line was out the door. I "talked "to manager and he got us through line but it was not worth it. Enjoyed rest of evening in town.

The next morning the cleaning maid started knocking at our at 8 AM and continued every 30 min! Make sure you remember to put "do not disturb" sign up before bed!

Their was also only one elevator working. Every worker there moving tables, carts etc used the long awaited elevator too.

Valets were very pleasant and efficient.

Had a mediocre breakfast (with the worst hash browns i have ever seen.) and checked out. Save your money unless you really have to stay on harbor. Our bill for one night was around $550 which included drinks and breakfast..

• Stayed June 2012
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We chose to stay at this hotel as it seemed like the best option and since i was 6 month pregnant thought it would be a nice treat.
Went to bed at Midnight ish but guests were so incredibly noisey we didn't get to sleep until after 3pm. Infact the police were called and at 2.30 in the morning there were 5 cops outside out room threatening to evict the guests.
I understand there wasn't much more the staff could do but what i find really rubbish is that we paid close to $400 for the room and when i called 4 times to speak with management no one called me back, the front desk people who answered the phone were pleasant and understanding but i never got a returned call. To be honest the room was a $150 room at best. Yes it's on the water but our room #105 overlooked the car park so it was not only a rip off but horrible service. Went back to ny exhaused. Not a relaxing babymoon weekend AT ALL. don't bother.

Room Tip: dont bother going in the first place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We apologize for your lack of sleep due to the other guests' noise. We appreciate your feedback and have added additional security to address the noise issues. The next time you are in Annapolis, I hope that you will stay with us again.

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We decided that we were going to "run away" for the weekend. We managed to get all four kids covered at Camp Grandma for our annual week of playing "DINK" (double income...no kids). Our only weekend of the year like this! If it wasn't for the concierge I would be giving this place a terrible rating rather than just poor. She's the one who steered us to O'Leary's Seafood Restaurant (top pick-sensational meal)! That being said, let me share....everyone is right...small stuff...like you expect to open the door and find your complimentary USA today copy..NOPE...it's Saturday and we don't deliver to rooms on the weekend and if you get to the front desk and ask for a copy...sorry we have no more complimentary copies (neither Sat the 23 or Sun the 24th) but we'll be happy to sell you a copy of the NY Times (REALLY!) I had to ask for coffee packets for the room coffee maker...they generously give you ONE decaf and ONE reg packet...so much for thinking there might be more than one person staying in a room!
There are no ammenities with this place...you want to have a drink and sit on their "prized possession dock"...wait an hour...we'll find you a spot. Want to eat in their restaurant-be prepared for a parade of people past your table on a Friday night who are as drunk as can be, and land on your table because the way to the dock...is through the restaurant and the dock bar is open to everyone and they parade right through the middle of the dining room while you're trying to eat dinner! The best is the 22 per day "vig" for parking...on top of what they get for a room...that one just blew me away...you made me pay how much and now you're going to nickle and dime me to park my car, get a copy of a newspaper? The best is...after waiting an hour, you get your prized possession spot on the dock table and you think...oh how lovely...and then for the next 15 minutes you are dumbfounded to see a parade of people start forming a line down the middle of the dock...between the two sets of tables on it, block your view of what you've waited an hour to sit at, the actual harbour, so they can stand on line waiting to board the sailboat that is tied to the dock, which the Marriot rents out to the sailboat company and their paying passengers are now standing in the middle of the seat blocking your view that you waited an hour for.....nope...not kidding...never going back...never stayed at such a poorly managed, poorly maintained Marriot in 20 years!

Room Tip: A tip for a good room...pick a different hotel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at our property. We will certainly order more USA Today news-papers for our guests on the weekends. We realize Pusser's is a very popular place in Annapolis, and we are sorry for the hour long wait. If you show the host or hostess a hotel guest-room key or have our desk make you a reservation, Pusser's will do their best to give our hotel guests priority seating. As for the Woodwind Sailboat, we have discussed the issue with their management team. They will have waiting guests form a line in front of their office away from the dining dock, so you and future guest can enjoy the great views. Thank you very much for the suggestion! We would love to have you back and we hope someday you will try us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am a Marriott rewards member since I like Marriott hotels but this recent experience in Marriott Annapolis was a big disappointment. The best part was I as able to check-in early which was very convenient. It was a Monday so guests from the weekend just left. When I entered my room, the first thing I noticed that the sheets were clean but wrinkled which gave me the impression that they were not newly changed. I checked and it was perfectly clean but the appearance was not appealing. The lobby of this hotel is small and the volume of people that go through here is a lot since it's the only way to get to the lobby and restaurants. The ceiling was low and the space limited especially with the seating arrangements. We were a big group from the office so when we were waiting to check-in and check-out, it was a bit cramped. Being an oceanfront hotel, you would expect to have a great view of the ocean instead there is concrete wall from the 1st floor ballroom that obstructs the view. Even from the lobby, there is now access to a view other from the restaurant which means you have to order to be able to get that view. There were no lounge chairs to relax and read a book which one would normally do on a vacation by the sea. There was no pool nor beach to enjoy the water. It was prime location but no place to enjoy the scenery and the marina. Food was not good either. I ordered a salmon that was too sweet since it had a mango salsa on top and sweet potatoes as a side with string beans. For our lunch on a very hot day, the menu served heavy Chinese food with soup. Being right on the water, one would expect expect a variety of seafood choices and salads but there was none unless you went to the outside restaurants. The location of the hotel is great since you can walk to almost anywhere from there. On the day I checked out, I was not able to get a late checkout because the hotel reached the number of late checkouts so I asked where I could rest quietly since I was not feeling well. There was no such place. There should be a lounge where people can sit quietly and relax. Also, I asked if they had a spa and there was none. There was so much space wasted on the hallways connecting the hotel to the restaurant. It seemed that space planning was not a priority in designing this hotel. They should improve to offer better seating areas to relax inside or outside. Annapolis is busy year-round because of the Naval Academy and I think Marriott should do something about their facilities. Front desk staff were polite and courteous and some were more accomodating than others. Power went off when we were there and half of the hotel did not have any lighting. They did not seem to have a backup generator since it was hours before the power went back on. Will not stay at this Marriott again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We apologize we do not have a pool. We do send out our guests to the Annapolis Courtyard and Annapolis Residence Inn pools. Additionally, Pusser's is an independently owned and managed restaurant. We do our best to work hand- in-hand with each other to ensure our guests have the best experience. For a future visit at Pusser’s, they server crab cakes, lobster, wahoo, and salmon. When we renovate later this year, we will take your feedback into consideration. We hope you give us a second chance and return again someday.

Annapolis Marriott Management Team

Been to Annapolis Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!