“Frequent guest at Loews Annapolis” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   126 West St., Annapolis, MD 21401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Evans, GA
“Frequent guest at Loews Annapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great location for those visiting USNA. Friendly staff most of the time.
Some rooms still need updating. Sometimes rooms smell musty. Not all "SUPERIOR SUITES" are the same so ask before you book (some do not have sofa beds.)
Should have "free" coffee in the lobby at all times, but particularly early in the moning before the restaurant opens (actually I would pay for it if it was just available.)
Restaurant food and service is hit and miss...not always the best, not worth the price.
Will continue to use the hotel often over the next 3 years because of location primarily, not because it's the "best"...it could be but it is not, certainly not for the cost.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear docjose,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We value all guests’ input, and as you are a frequent guest of Loews planning to make us a regular ‘Annapolis home’ in the years ahead, we are especially interested to hear from you.

I’m glad you enjoy our very central location, convenient to USNA and downtown Annapolis’ attractions and waterfront. I’m disappointed you haven’t consistently experienced friendly staff, nor a great restaurant experience. I can assure you that superior guest service is our main priority, and we will continue to work toward delivering it at all points of your experience. You are absolutely right a few suites do not have pull out sofas. To assure that pull out sofa in the future, ask the reservationist to include in your reservation comments. Or even easier allow me to add to your profile. For our restaurant, I am glad to let you know we are focused on new opportunities to deliver inventive food, exciting happy hour offers and excellent service, and I think you will see these improvements upon your return.

For coffee before the restaurant opens at 7am, we do have complimentary Keurig machines, with coffee and tea cups, in every guest room. I do welcome your suggestions, as we are always considering how we can best fulfill guests’ needs.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about any concerns. We want to make the hotel the best home-away-from-home possible over the next 3 years and hopefully beyond, so please feel free to call me directly at 410-295-3295.

Barbara McMahon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The bathrooms are kind of dated.

Don't bother asking for room service, the food order is usually wrong and more importantly cold.
The day team food service just did not seem to care, and the cost was well eye popping.

The Bar team and night clerks were awesome.

Dear Michael A,
Thank you for reviewing your experience. We apologize sincerely for the frustrating experiences you had with room service. The food quality and service experience you mention are not acceptable, and I have addressed your concerns with my department heads in Food and Beverage. We have been making changes in our room service operations, and I believe you will notice a positive difference upon any future visits.

I’m very glad you enjoyed our team members at the front desk in the evening, and the bar staff at our West restaurant. I hope you will consider visiting again, and let us show you the Four Diamond and more service experience we have come to be known for.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Barbara McMahon, General Manager
Alexander, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at the Annapolis Loews Hotel for the USNA Graduation Week in May 2014. Awesome customer service! The location is outstanding. The gym is great. All of the food at the restaurant was delicious. The room was huge and very clean. We enjoyed our entire stay. Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear gjsubi,

Wow, thank you for your comments! We’re absolutely delighted your overall stay was so enjoyable. We know that the Naval Academy’s graduation, Commissioning Week, is a special event for many families and friends of graduates – I’m glad we could be part of the great time you had in Annapolis.

Excellent guest service is our biggest priority, and I appreciate you mentioning it! Our central downtown Annapolis location, convenient to USNA, is one of the top reasons guests mention choosing our hotel. I’m happy you liked our on-property restaurant, the complimentary fitness center, and of course our brand new, renovated rooms! The colors and decor are all new, along with 47-inch TVs, new robes, and laptop-sized safes.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope you we can welcome you back here during future trips to Annapolis and USNA.

Go Navy!!

Best wishes,
Barbara McMahon
Silver Spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Loews Annapolis Hotel is visually appealing and comfortable. The location is excellent for accessing the restaurants, bars, shops, and waterfront in Annapolis. The room and bathroom were spacious and nicely updated. The downside would be the small gym, and the lack of a swimming pool.

Fabulously friendly front-desk staff & parking attendant!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear DebSilverSpring,
We are delighted your overall stay with Loews Annapolis was enjoyable and comfortable. Location, location, location… we are fortunate to enjoy such a prime spot in downtown Annapolis, near restaurants, bars, galleries and boutiques and a short stroll to the waterfront.

I’m glad you liked the hotel’s aesthetic appeal – we have spent the last 3 years completely renovating the entire property, which was finished in March 2014. Our lobby was redesigned first, and most recently our rooms have now all had a complete makeover with new colors and décor, and updated amenities like 47-inch smart TVs, complimentary WiFi and in-room Keurig coffee makers, and more.

I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed interacting with our friendly staff! For other TripAdvisor readers’ knowledge, our complimentary fitness center on the second floor has treadmills, bikes, other stationary equipment, and some space for stretching or yoga exercises, along with exterior-facing windows and complimentary water and fruit.

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Loews Annapolis. I hope we can welcome you back anytime your travels bring you to Annapolis!

Tracey Lyon-Mercado
Director of Sales and Marketing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was my first stay at the Annapolis Lowes but it won't be my last. The recent renovations make this a very hip hotel with a "modern nautical" vibe. Our room was awesome and the top floor of the hotel has a nice outdoor terrace to sit out on. The service was GREAT from the friendly check-in to the gracious service in the restaurant for Sunday brunch. Thanks for making our getaway to Annapolis so memorable!

Room Tip: Top Floor !
Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dan C., thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Loews Annapolis Hotel. So gald you noticed our new "modern nautical" vibe, or as our Director of Sales and Marketing tells me "nautical chic :). The hotel completed its rooms redo inclduing new 43" tv's , new telpehones and new toilets in March..This was the final phase to a three year total redo package. Look forward to your next visit. My son lives in DC so I am familair with the drive.. Isn't the short commute between DC and Annapolis great for a weekend getaway!!! Barbara
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Was in the hotel for a business meeting and had the opportunity to come in early. The staff was great for both leisure and business. I engaged with Barbara, the GM, and did not even know she was the GM. She was always polite and remembered my name my entire stay....very impressed.
Rooms were clean, staff friendly and attentive and convenient to the historic streets and right on the trolley line. I will stay there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: I was on 3rd floor and had a street view and never heard much noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear TXNTravlinMan, thank you very much for taking the time to add your comments to TripAdvisor. I am glad your enjoyed your stay and that we met. Unfortuantely I do not know you by your TripAdviosr ID but I can tell you this I am very proud to be part of this wornderful organization, the individuals with whom I work and the guests that we can serve and hopefully add some happiness to their lives. I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Lovin' life at Loews!!!

Barbara
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is not the closest hotel to the main drag, but it is the best for the value. The beds are quite comfortable, and everything is within walking distance. The hotel is not as worn as many others. Staff is friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear mewagner2,
Thank you for your review, and your high recommendation of Loews Annapolis to other travelers. I’m very pleased you received great value and enjoyed a comfortable, pleasant stay with us.

As you note, we're located conveniently within walking distance to many Annapolis attractions. Right on our street, the cultural area of West Street, we are among live entertainment, restaurants and bars, and galleries. The Loews Annapolis is a short stroll to the additional boutiques, restaurants and bars of Main Street and an 8-minute walk to the waterfront. We’re also fortunate to have the free Circulator trolley stop outside our front doors - another convenient way to get around downtown.

I appreciate you noticing the care we take with our property. We spent the last 3 years completely renovating the entire property. Our lobby was redesigned first, then restaurant, and our rooms’ makeover was finished in March 2014, with new colors, lines and décor, and updated amenities like 47-inch smart TVs, complimentary WiFi, in-room Keurig coffee makers, and more.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope we can welcome you back anytime you visit the Annapolis area.

Tracey Lyon-Mercado
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Loews Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!