“10 day stay April 2014” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Andover, United Kingdom
“10 day stay April 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Nice clean hotel with modern facilities. Meals good quality if a little pricey. Good location being just ten minutes walk from waterfront although the free tram stops outside. Had some issues with room not being serviced one day even after complaining to the desk. But otherwise a great stay. Bar staff were helpful.

Stayed April 2014
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear AstronomerPaul,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. We’re delighted you enjoyed our clean, recently renovated property – as you mention, the renovations to our rooms were modeled after a modern, coastal-inspired design. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location, within walking distance to the waterfront, and you’re right that the free Circulator trolley stops outside the hotel as a transportation option.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issue you experienced with housekeeping, and I can assure you this has been addressed. Thank you for letting us know about your concern, and again, we’re so happy it was a great stay overall.

Thank you very much for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope you will have the chance to visit again.

Tracey Lyon-Mercado
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Nice location, close to restaurants. Room is clean and comfortable, on the night I arrived a bit late (after 9) and found it difficult to get a hold of a room service dinner, around forty minutes to just to speak to someone. The following morning I had a breakfast of French toast which I would stay there again just for this. Reasonable price..

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review. We are delighted that the overall stay and especially the French toast were great. We apologize for the delay from room service. Since your review we have made some changes and we believe you will notice the difference, along with a new menu, the next time you visit. Thank you. Barbara McMahon, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The room was nicely decorated and the location was convenient. The valet and front desk staff were all very attentive, mostly Kristin at reception, who was extremely professional and very helpful.

We will recommend this hotel if visiting Annapolis.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear gepmo,
Thanks you for taking the time to review our property. I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay and liked our brand new room décor. We just finished renovations on all our rooms, and guests are enjoying the light, fresh, calming look and feel!

I’m delighted our staff took care of you, and you saw their dedication to friendly, professional service. Thanks for mentioning our convenient location. We are near many restaurants, Ram’s Head for live music and a quick, lovely stroll to the waterfront!

I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back to Loews Annapolis again soon.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We are a group of 4 women in our 40's (prior college roommates) who travel and stay in Annapolis yearly for a get together reunion. In the past we stayed elsewhere but with the recent renovation and the great rate that we were able to obtain, we decided to try Loew's.

The Pro's:
-The rooms were nicely appointed and comfortable.
- The location is awesome! You can easily walk through the town to the waterfront. It's an easy walk to many restaurants, bars, shops and sights. Everything is really easy to access. It truly is in the perfect location if wanting to experience Annapolis.
- Overall the staff was pleasant and accommodating. We had a slight issue though that I will address later in the review.
- The breakfast buffet was very good. For 20 dollars you have eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, fruit, toast, muffins, danish and made to order omelet stations.

The Con's:
- Parking is too expensive. They offer you the option of self parking for 20 dollars per day or valet for 23 dollars per day. Some of the spaces available for self parking are quite a walk especially with luggage.
- No spa
- No pool

We had a slight issue with the valet when arriving. I pulled up and told the guy I wanted to valet park and that my friends were already checked in. I was the last to arrive for our reunion driving in from CT. He was pretty rude and unhelpful. It was pretty obvious he was miserable in his job and just wanted me to go away. He said, you can self park for $20 per day and told me to drive down the ramp. I was quite shocked and asked how far the parking is from the door. His answer was about 100 feet. I responded okay because I have luggage and I really wanted to valet park. He again said.. its only 100 feet from the door and shooed me off. At this point, I was exhausted from driving all day so I went down to park my car.

The attendant wasn't in the booth so I drove in and tried to find a spot. The available parking was quite far away. I grabbed my things and started walking and noticed now there was an attendant. I went to the booth and asked her if I needed a ticket. The girl was so nice and helpful and apologized. I explained to her how frustrated I was that I had to park so far away and how I was told it was only 100 feet. (At this point, I had to walk with all my luggage back and forth so that is 3 lengths!) I told her I couldn't believe I was refused valet parking etc. Anyway, long story short.. after shuffling back and forth and wasting about 40 minutes of precious girls weekend time, Steve who was the manager of valet tried and intended to take care of me.

He was very professional and legitimately wanted to fix the situation but failed at some things:
1- He offered me free valet parking to make up for the "misunderstanding". My rate provided free parking so he never offered me anything! I humored him but you would think he would have realized that when he went to comp the parking and make up for it in another way.
2- He kept referring to the situation as a "misunderstanding." I told Steve and I will state it here again... there was absolutely no misunderstanding on my part. The guy "Shawn" who shuffled me away, was rude, careless and just didn't want to do his job. It was unacceptable for a hotel that is supposed to be upscale like Loew's. I stayed in the past at Loew's South Beach and assure you this wouldn't happen there.
3- "Shawn" sent an apology card with some chocolates to make up for his behavior but unfortunately he sent it to the room that I wasn't staying in. Instead 2 of my friends received it. Fail!

Will I let this stop me from staying here again? No

I just wanted to post it because I am surprised by the whole situation and feel it represents service. I feel Steve had good intentions and tried to resolve the situation but when he realized he couldn't comp our parking because it was already included in the rate, why not buy the 4 of us a round of drinks or make up for the bad service in another way? You may say, "Shawn" tried to send chocolates but hey why not make sure you send them to the room with the person who had the issue?

I just expect overall better service from Loew's. That said, we will consider giving Loew's a try again next year if the rate is right since the location is so good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
I love girls' weekends!!! Every minute is precious and one shouldn't be wasting time dealing with the valet. I am very sorry and regret any and all inconveniences. I definitely want to begin to make amends and to discuss next year's weekend. Would you mind calling me at 410-295-3295. Thank you. I look forward to your response. Barbara

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were at the hotel for a large family wedding being held in Annapolis at the US Naval Academy. Everyone at the hotel was very accommodating. The restaurant/bar were wonderful!
I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear SleepySheryl,
Thanks so much for your review, and for highly recommending us! We love hosting guests and visitors to the U.S. Naval Academy, a wonderful part of the city of Annapolis which is within walking distance from our hotel. I’m so happy you enjoyed your Loews stay and felt taken care of by our team. I’ll pass on your compliments to our culinary and beverage team!

Thank you so much for staying with Loews Annapolis, and I hope you’ll have reason to visit our beautiful Annapolis again soon. We would love to have you back at the hotel.

Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Very pretty hotel. The rooms were very nicely appointed a and the sheets were so comfy! The valet parking was reasonably priced. The guys working valet were extremely nice and gave great advice/info on where to go. There was a wedding going on while we were there but the room was super quiet. The free trolley stop is right across the street as well. Great stay and visit!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Jen D,
I’m excited to see you came to enjoy time in lovely Annapolis, from Maryland's Eastern shore! Thank you for the note about our pretty property, and I’m very happy you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. We just finished updating them with new linens, décor, and features like 47-inch Smart TVs.

I’m always excited when a guest’s great experience starts at the front door, and thanks to our friendly, prompt and professional valet team, we frequently get nice remarks like yours. Our valet team is wonderful.

The free circulator trolley is a great, easy option to explore downtown, and does stop right across the street from us. Thanks for mentioning that. For those who like to stroll, it's a scenic 8--minute walk to get to the waterfront!

We would love the opportunity to welcome you again to Loews anytime you visit Annapolis!

Portsmouth, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Just stayed a week at Loews Annapolis, superb room, excellent staff can't praise it enough.

Only one small problem - when I went to check out for some reason I wasn't charged for the room and just given bill for taxi to airport, breakfast and bar bill - $200.00 in total for a one week stay a bargain. However I was honest and queried the bill - the correct bill will "follow shortly". The staff investigating the bill couldn't have been friendlier and tried to deal with the anomaly prior to my departing but the taxi arrived before it was finalised. No problems and an excellent stay in an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: A smile at the reception staff worked for me but my room at the back of the hotel although not an ex...