“Excellent location and wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Eat, Drink. Our Treat!
Ranked #2 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Michigan
“Excellent location and wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I enjoyed the Loews Annapolis Hotel as part of a work function. We were a large group, but the staff did an excellent job in addressing individual needs with excellent service and a smile! Not only is the property a beautiful high-end hotel, but the location is absolutely incredible if you are interested in doing a walking tour of Annapolis. Attractions were mostly within walking distance or a water taxi ride away. Part of our itinerary included a scavenger hunt throughout the city, and it was only marginally painful due to the extreme heat in July.

The meeting facility, ballroom and amenities were excellent as was the food and beverage quality. We were able to make healthy food choices without having to give up quality or quantity.

Overall we truly enjoyed the property and the location, location, location!

Room Tip: I chose a high floor for the views and quiet. Be sure to ask for a room close to the elevator...min...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Wolverine325, Thank you for the positive feedback about your stay! We’re thrilled to hear our hotel’s dedicated staff, level of service, food and beverage options, meeting facilities and overall location could all be a part of making your business trip an enjoyable one! We hope you’ll have the chance to visit Annapolis again soon, and Loews Annapolis would love to welcome you back.

607 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for one night and were very impressed with the service, location and door of the hotel. The room was very good: clean and well-equipped. The bathroom was lovely. We had breakfast which, although not cheap, was good value for money, with good service in a smart restaurant. The beds were very comfortable and the staff helpful and very attentive: they accommodated our early arrival without a problem. My only gripe is having to pay for wi-fi. It wasn't expensive, but out of 11 hotels, it's the only one we've had to pay for.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LoewsANP, Director of Sales at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We'll pass the compliments onto our Chef in WEST and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We appreciate your feedback on the WiFi. We will be changing our provider soon and will be able to offer complimentary WiFi in the near future - stay tuned!
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I decided to stay here for a staycation with my wife. We live in DC so it's a 35 minute drive to Annapolis. First of all Annapolis is great. Especially if you live in a big city because Annapolis is perfect for getting away but still have ample things to do at your leisure. Or you can do nothing and not feel bombarded.

The hotel made the trip perfect. It was sweltering outside and the valet/bellman we hustling and maneuvering cars without hesitation and with a smile like it was 75 degrees and sunny outside. It was really 98 and hot as....well, you get the idea. Anyway, they were so eager to help and extremely polite. When we did need our car (only once because because of time constraints since everything is walkable from the hotel) it was brought to us quickly, with the AC blasting and soothing music on the radio. PERFECT.

Check-in was just as pleasant. The lobby is clean and spacious. Not a lot of clutter and the smiles behind the front desk made it so much more welcoming. The process was quick, efficient and extremely relaxing. At no time did I feel like we were being rushed away. I asked if the concierge could offer some advice on places to eat and the front desk woman (I'm kicking myself for forgetting her name) said that she is my concierge and began rattling off names of places with ease.

When we got to the room it was clean, smelled fresh and just the right amount of space. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was spotless and the tv remote worked (for some reason I must have bad luck with broken remotes) so we couldn't have been happier.

One morning I was suffering from the whiskey flu and I called down to the front desk to inquire about breakfast. I told the woman I was "tired" and she understood and gave me a concerned but jovial "get some rest". I did. Later on that evening, well recovered, I called back to ask about something else. Not realizing it was the same woman from earlier in the morning I was asked, "Can I ask YOU something Mr. Styles? How are you feeling now?" it was such a nice feeling.

I can go on and on about so much stuff, the awesome bartender, the courteous staff, the overall relaxing feel of the hotel, but I would need a lot more time.

Long story short, we loved this place and will be back again. No doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Annapolis is a great town for an escape from the hectic stress of the city! We're so glad you enjoyed your staycation with us and we'll pass on your kind words to the team. If you haven't already, sign up for our YouFirst programs so you can receive special offers for your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is walking distance to the downtown area (free bus is across the street for those who don't feel like walking) which was a big must for me.

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and luxurious. The staff is friendly and attentive.

I'm pretty much guaranteed a great stay no matter where I travel as long as I stay at Loews.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to do a review Barry. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Annapolis soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently proposed to my then-girlfriend, now-fiancée, in historic Annapolis and chose the Loews Annapolis for our stay after. I could not have made a better choice.

We felt like we got the red carpet treatment from the moment we arrived. Mind you, when we first reached, my fiancée had no idea what was in store. The valet was great, friendly and courteous. After a schooner cruise and the proposal itself, we returned to the Loews for dinner at West. Excellent dinner (the dishes and drinks we ordered were very good), courteous wait staff and really nice chef who came out to greet us (I'd told them earlier that I was planning to propose that weekend and was coming to West as our celebratory dinner). The hotel room was great -- the hotel is being renovated and the rooms should be even better once that is done -- and we had a wonderful stay. Very special thanks to Ashley at the Concierge who shared her thoughts as I was finalizing the grand plan and treated us so, so well when we stayed. She even came to meet us in person -- very nice touch.

I'd recommend the Loews Annapolis very strongly. Also, within walking distance to the harbor and shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sam G, Congratulations to you and your fiancé!! We are so delighted this special weekend was wonderful and that Loews Annapolis could be a part of it. Thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation of our staff, and the positive feedback about your celebratory meal at WEST. Kitchen and Tavern. We’ll be sure to share with Chef Kevin Relf and the restaurant staff! We agree Ashley is top notch and represents everything we strive for with our concierge and customer service. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again, perhaps for your wedding, or anytime your travels bring you to Annapolis!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel, The last time I got 2 Rooms for my kids and their friend,rooms are good size, This time hotel was being updated, new lobby is very modern now, New chef and remodeled restaurant looked nice, This hotel is not on the water so we ate elsewhere in downtown areas on the water, great food everywhere we tried. The valet staff at this Hotel went above and beyond at every opportunity from speedy service, To maps and tips about the city, And precise directions everywhere we went. We were booked into a double this Time through priceline ,We asked for a king room and were changed with no hesitation, Our room was kept very clean free coffee,newspaper everyday, free shuttle service, for downtown
area. I'am sure when renovations are done, this will be one of top destinations in Annapolis.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark S, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us! We’re so happy to hear the staff met all your needs and more, and look forward to sharing your feedback with them! We’re also delighted you enjoyed our rooms and the hotel renovations, including our redesigned lobby and the new West. We pride ourselves in even the small details creating a great experience for our guests. We’re glad you enjoyed the amenities and can look forward to more great experience as we begin updating our rooms in late 2013 and early 2014! We can’t wait to welcome you back to Loews Annapolis!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Loews is located near the circle and in walking distance to Miss Shirley's. I stayed one night on July 20th and it was great! The restaurant in the lobby is delicious! Staff and service were excellent!

The only con about this hotel is they are renovating a portion of the hotel so there was construction noise and the smell of paint; but that didn't bother me.

I will stay here again!!! Thanks for the Free Figi Water and Snickers!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Loews Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!