“5 star front desk staff, but expensive glasses disappeared” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Day at the Bay Deal
Ranked #3 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“5 star front desk staff, but expensive glasses disappeared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just had girls weekend at the hotel. Krisyia was fantastic! Really made sure we had a terrific stay and went above and beyond. Hotel was very clean. A huge negative....expensive sunglasses 'disappeared' from room. Hotel housekeeping staff has promised to look but not holding out any hope. Other things to consider are the charges for parking and wifi. Can get very costly. Would certainly stay again mainly because of the attentive staff but would have to be a lot more careful about locking up items when not in room

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking reception hall
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
berkeley Hts, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Checked in on a Friday in June. Two night stay. Hotel was booked for lacrosse tournament so ended up paying $200/night through Hotwire. I have stayed in many other Loew's hotel and this is a step down. Hotel is clean and the staff is nice but the rooms are plain and old. Got a room overlooking their reception hall(probably because of booking through Hotwire) and had to listen to a wedding reception until 11:00pm at night. The best thing about this hotel is the location. Also, for some reason, they valet cars right in front of building so you have to walk around cars to get into the front door. I just expected more for the amount I paid!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AnnGeneralManager, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the response regarding your visit to Loews Annapolis. We certainly understand your frustrations surrounding the noise and events that took place during your stay. We do make every effort to assign the best rooms possible for our guests, based on the reason for their visit. I'm sorry we fell short in this regard. We have a room renovation scheduled for the end of 2013 and beginning of 2014, and we look forward to welcoming you back to give us another opportunity.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I would recommend staying at the Loews Annapolis Hotel. My husband and I stayed here in February after a company party (held at the hotel). Typically, this hotel is a little out of my price range but since our company covered part of the stay, it was affordable. This hotel is in walking distance of some of Annapolis restaurants. We ended up grabbing drinks at the bar inside the hotel (by the way, the bartender working the night we were there was awesome!). The parking situation is a little interesting. If you choose to self-park your car, you will drive past the parking garage where the valet parked cars go. Then you will drive down an alley way behind the hotel to find a parking spot. The spots aren't marked so there were a lot of people inappropriately parked - either way too close to another car or just far enough that you couldn't fit in the spot. Just be warned. But other than that it was a great stay in downtown Annapolis.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed for two days through priceline.com ($120/night). The Loews is a nice hotel, but in my opinion, not a 4-star property. Positives include: the attentive staff, and a good location within easy walking distance to Annapolis downtown. The less-than-positives include: aging guest rooms, $20 daily parking, and limited amenities (eg: only a small fitness room with machines).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were in Annapolis with the in-laws for our son's Lacrosse tournament two weekends ago...
Booked the Loews, which was an easy walk to all of the shops, restaurants, and activities in downtown Annapolis.
Guest room was spacious, hotel was clean as a whistle, and the staff very, very friendly…I must confess that after staying at other Loews hotels it was a pleasant surprise to have such a nice property in Annapolis…We have come to expect fairly mediocre service from other Loews properties. Not here though...Again, the staff went out of their way to make our stay exceptional.
One other note, try the restaurant…very nice!
We’ll come back and stay there the next time in Annapolis.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Peeling paint and smelling a bit old. Carpet stained. Service definitely subpar. $10/day for SLOW wireless. $20/day to SELF park uncovered only. Most of the fish in the restaurant was not local (or fresh)......in Annapolis? Halibut? Really? I believe that sums up this hotel -- please try something else and let us know (you certainly won't miss anything here).

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Media, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was in town for a family reunion and had decided to change my hotel reservation from an alternate facility to the Loews, in order to be closer to downtown Annapolis. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was half-hardheartedly greeted by a woman at the front desk who barely gave me eye contact. I approached the desk and gave her my last name. She typed into her computer for several minutes without speaking to me and then informed me that she could not check me in b/c the reservation was not in my name (it was in my family's name, who blocked several rooms under the same reservation name). She told me she would need the person who made the reservation to come to the front desk so that I could be given permission to check into my room. After a while, my mother arrived and the woman behind the desk also gave her a hard time about allowing me to check in until her manager arrived to handle an issue with another patron at the desk next to where we were standing. All of a sudden, while within ear shot of her manager, she was sweet as could be and gave us our room keys right away. Later that day, the same woman at the front desk informed us that we may not be able to park in their lot after we return from dinner b/c there were 2 weddings taking place. She told us that we would need to find on street parking if the lot was full from wedding guests (who were not guests of the hotel). This woman seemed irritated and made us feel like we were inconveniencing her. With many hotels in the area to choose from, hospitality is something that will differentiate one facility from another and the Loews Annapolis was certainly lacking in that area. I work in marketing/sales & event planning and I take the overall hotel experience very seriously when considering hosting a large event at any given hotel. Based on my experience this past weekend, I would not host an event at the Lowes Annapolis, nor would I recommend it to my traveling colleagues, friends and/or family members.
The bedding & decor in the rooms has been updated within the last few years, however, the ceilings and walls were stained and parts were crumbling.
The shared dinner plates at the hotels restaurant, West, was decent and the happy hour specials were excellent. The valet services were wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Loews Annapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!