“Exceeded my expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Annapolis
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

LOVED the location.... I ended up in one of the Inns on the State circle. My room was really cute, with original antiques and an up to date bathroom. The main street was 30 seconds down some steps right next to the Inn. Really enjoyed my stay in Annapolis - what a nice town!

Room Tip: pick a room in the back for a quiet nights sleep
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear LCHand:

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay. I was happy to read you found our location in the heart of the Annapolis Historic District. We truly have the “best” location and, as you experienced with the service rating of “5,” we deliver the service to go along with the location.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for one night after an outing w/friends. We were able to walk from downtown. The room was comfortable and service was good. We used valet parking ($24) which was worth not having to look for parking downtown. The hotel was well kept, the room was a nice size w/comfortable bed. They offered muffins, cereal and lemonade in the lobby area in the morning before we left. I would recommend it to friends and I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear beachiemom:

Thank you for your comments. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your brief visit with us and glad to see you found several aspects that worked well for you. I certainly you had some time to take advantage of our central location and walk around the Historic District.

Baltimore is a short drive away; we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you.

Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The Historic Inns of Annapolis offer a quiet reprise from the busy, touristy dock area of Annapolis. Within walking distance to popular bars and shopping, you can feel the serenity as you get closer to the circle that houses the Inns.

I highly recommend the valet parking ($24.00 per night) over street parking ($20.00 per night). The hotel was busy during our stay but the valets were fast and efficient. We stayed at the Robert Johnson House and the valets and check in is in the Gov. Calvert House. This did not create any inconvenience or delays. The circle is relatively small so we chose to walk between the two buildings but the valets were available to shuttle us, if needed.

The rooms are small but clean and comfortable. My only disappointment was not having access to a coffee/tea maker in my room. It is available in the lobby/common area of each building, however I prefer not to dress and walk a flight of stairs to get that first morning cup. The room did have a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear YogaRosie:

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I was delighted to read that our valet parking team did a great job and that you found location, in the heart of the Historic District, to be very convenient. I will also share with our housekeeping team how clean you found your room to be. Thank you as well for your feedback on the in room coffee makers. We have considered this in the past but for now, as you noted, our “work around” is the lobby coffee set ups.
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Having gotten one of the last few rooms available Friday morning for that night's one night stay, I could only be hopeful we'd get a good night's sleep. Everything from start to finish was perfect. From the valet, to checkin, the lovely room, fantastic bathroom, the cleanliness, charm, delicious coffee, fruit and pastry in the morning and proximity to everything, our stay couldn't have been better. Would love to stay there again!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Deblsma:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay. I was so very pleased that you so enjoyed your brief stay and that everything worked out great. You will have to come back and stay with us a bit longer the next time!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband I stayed a Sat and Sun in the Gov Calvert house (building where check in and valet is located). We had a historic queen room. Room and hotel in general are cute and very clean, fairly spacious, but a little noisy in morning with street traffic. There was a wedding the day we checked in but we didn't hear any of the music or crowd in our room on the 4th floor. Check in and check out was easy but the front desk staff seemed annoyed that they had to check us in (we checked in 3:30pm not an unusual time and were the only people checking in). If a friendlier front desk, I would have rated 4 stars. Unlike other reviews I've seen, we found the valets were more helpful and pleasant than the people at check-in and we had no problem getting our car when it was time to leave. It was great having everything within walking distance, and the free morning coffee was a nice touch!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Burghette:

Thank you for posting your feedback. I was glad to see you found your room spacious and clean. I apologize you felt the front desk was not receptive during the check in process; we typically receive very strong, positive feedback about our team members and I will share your comments with them.

I was pleased to see that our valet did a great job for you and that you enjoyed our location. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you.

Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a cool location with just the right mix of hotel and private house. If you want to stay in a place that has a different feel than an chain hotel, this is the place. Although some of the rooms need a little better upkeep, the overall feel and experience is very nice. The staff make you feel welcome and important.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Christopher H:

Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted to read that you found our team providing a welcoming atmosphere and one which, as you said, made you “feel important.” We work each day to provide a great experience for our guests and are delighted that, relative to our service delivery and location, we came through for you.

We recognize that feedback helps us improve and we will continue to focus on the day in and day out details to ensure our entire operation does well. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you.

Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were assigned to the maryland inn and the rooms (we had four) all had double beds which were too small for a couple, so we had to get two rooms where one would do at another hotel. The rooms were not cheap (208 each a night plus tax) AND there was a 2 night minimum so although one in our party needed only one night, had to pay for two.

I got a wake up call at 5:15 one morning, mistake by staff never explained or made right in any way by an admin staff that seemed to accept and perpetuate mediocre service without any shame. Having the admin in another building was a nuisance, for example when my room key card stopped working, had to wait for someone to come from the Calvert house with a key to let me in. The Treaty of Paris restaurant in the basement was truly awful, the food gave us sick stomaches the next day, and we waited an hour for our breakfast. Again, disorganization prevailed.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else! maybe the governor calvert house is nicer, but you have no control over what b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Charliebrown5:

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you encountered several issues while in the hotel and that you did not enjoy your visit. Your experience is not consistent with what we have consistently delivered over time. I will share your feedback with our team and we will use it as a learning experience so that we can do better.

I checked your reservations and it appears that the rooms occupied were those initially reserved and we certainly would have disclosed the two night minimum at that time. The error on the wake up call is an internal procedural one and I will share that feedback with the appropriate members of our team. Our Treaty of Paris restaurant is located on the ground floor of our Maryland Inn and we will continue to work diligently to ensure the staffing is appropriate for expected business levels and that our food is consistently good.

I do appreciate your feedback. If your future travels do require to you to visit Annapolis I do hope you would consider us again and I would work personally to ensure your stay goes well.

Thank you.

Mike Radike

Been to Historic Inns of Annapolis? Share your experiences!