We stayed in the historic Maryland Inn right in downtown Annapolis. First off, be aware of what you are getting by staying in a historic inn, downtown. You are near a busy area with both political and naval personnel everywhere. There is traffic and noise. But honestly, that is why you stay downtown! Now onto the hotel itself...
Check in is at the main building, while the Maryland Inn is a few blocks away. Walking there (if in decent shape) is not an issue. The valet is able to drive you there in your own car as well. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room was cozy but very comfortable. The bathroom is tiny. Again, this is not the Holiday Inn. The building had character and an incredible location. All of downtown Annapolis is accessible from any of the inns. The waterfront, Naval Academy and all of downtown is no more than a 10 minute walk. Despite being an old building we did not hear other people in the hallways or rooms around us. The building is right across the street from the Maryland State House (another great site to visit) so there is traffic starting pretty early in the morning if the legislature is in session.
One hint: If you are staying in the Maryland House, the fitness center can be nearly impossible to find. There is (or at least wasn't) not a sign for the workout area. You need to walk outside the building to it's most narrow point and there is an unmarked door which is unlocked with your key. While the workout equipment is high tech (each machine has its own TV) the room is very small and warms up quickly. Most likely this was a former storage closet. Again, for a quick run on the treadmill or some light weights before coffee this works perfectly. Just don't expect a Gold's Gym!
All in all a great place to visit. Annapolis is a beautiful city and this is one of the best places to stay to see it all. But don't forget that you are staying in the center of the city in a historic building.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Inns Of Annapolis Hotel Annapolis
- Historic Inns Of Annapolis Hotel
- Historic Hotel Annapolis
- Annapolis Historic Hotel
- Historic Inns Annapolis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History comes to life at the Historic Inns of Annapolis. Located in downtown Annapolis, the Historic Inns of Annapolis comprise three unique hotels - each one with a storied past and significant place in American history. Perfect for a family vacation or a business retreat, the inns exude charm and class that have attracted guests for generations. From guest rooms to banquet rooms, we have all the space you need for the ideal getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, JackRabbit Systems, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Historic Inns of Annapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.