“What a dump” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Annapolis #4837

You added Motel 6 Annapolis #4837 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Annapolis #4837
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1542 Whitehall Road, US 50 E Exit 30, US 50 W Exit 32, Annapolis, MD 21409 (Formerly Quality Inn Annapolis)   |
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Toms River
“What a dump”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is a dump. First room smelled moldy and had wet carpet and shower mold. Second room was only slightly better. Walls were paper thin too. Had to listen to a couple in the next room go at it all night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Patchogue, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel we usually book was unavailable so we decided on this location.

Pros: The staff was very nice and helpful. Very close to downtown Annapolis, only 15 minutes or so away. The room was a clean place to stay the night.

Cons: First thing you notice is the musky basement smell. We noticed that above the window there had been a leak from the room above. This could have possibly been the cause of the smell. The bathroom door wouldn't close correctly, you had to hold the door knob, lift and pull to right to close the door. The sheets are not the correct size for the bed; halfway through the night I found myself re-making the bed sheet and fitted sheet back onto the mattress. As with most Quality Inns they offered a complimentary continental breakfast. However, if you were not down there at 6am good luck trying to get anything other than coffee. It seems that they put very little out and do not refresh during the morning breakfast hours.

All in all I wouldn't have minded staying here if the price was half of what they were asking, this was not a $140/night room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Morris, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Annapolis MD. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a no frills hotel but very safe and clean. I had a wedding to attend in Stevensville which is across the Chesapeake Bay bridge. The hotels on the island are very expensive and I did not want to spend that much money. I just need to allow 10- 20 minutes to travel across the bridge, no big deal just planning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Checked in at 3pm by a older lady names Joann. No name tag. No uniform. I had 3 rooms, 2 cars all together. Check in seamed like she didn't want to be there, she told my sister that she needed her license plate number. I told her she did not have a car so she did not need it. (I am a choice employee mind you) she say "excuse you! But YES she does. If she doesn't write it down, we WILL slash your tires!" Really?! If I had another place to stay I would have flipped out on her. But everything was sold out. Then we get to the room. The ac barely worked, the carpet was dirty, they give you 2 towels. Overall was extremely unhappy with the service. The workers were RUDE. Oh and we asked for a 12 o'clock checkout. Housekeeping opened our door at 830am!

• Stayed August 2013
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here because of location. Gave us a quick start in the morning to get across the bridge before traffic. Should have have stayed further away and got up early. First room had a bug crawling behind the bed, fogged up window and musty smell. They clerk was accommodating and gave us a new room. Same fogged up window and musty smell. Sink fixtures were cracked, rug dirty and bathroom not very clean. Slept very uncomfortably. Breakfast consisted of cereal, make your own waffles, danish and bagels. Only had the coffee and O.J, then went to Hardees. Stay at Qualitie's often, but this one needs the name removed. I'm not usually a hard person to please, but I would never stay here again, location or not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Recently we were headed to the Eastern Shore and right before the Bay Bridge the traffic stopped due to what turned out to be a very serious accident. We decided to stop in a hotel before the bridge, and this hotel was the closest one. Many of the reviews were negative but we decided to check it out anyway. Not sure the history of the hotel, but in July 2013, we were very satisfied with our stay. Clean rooms, clean bathrooms, what looked like new sheets and comforters. Slept soundly, the rooms were quiet. Breakfast the next day was simple but good. Not a scenic hotel for people who want to have the feel of Annapolis, but it was great for a place to stay when on the road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Asked front desk clerk (couldn't even get up out of her chair) if I could get out of my extra day stay. Was told I would be charged for a 1/2 day and I would have to call who we booked through which I was fine with. My wife booked online and when I called them I was told per the General Manager that they contacted that I was going to be charged the full rate. Keep in mind I did tell front desk clerk if I was being charged full price then I would stay. She said I wouldn't. I contacted the General Manager myself and had a heated discussion. (Hard to understand) Was told my wife when going out the door that I would be charged full price. The sitter only would smile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Annapolis #4837? Share your experiences!