“Solid 3” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Cocoa, Florida
“Solid 3”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you hate the feeling of being trapped in a hotel then this is your place! All rooms have a big slider that opens to a balcony! The first floor is a special treat because you can actually leave your balcony and walk the grounds.--nice! I was a little skeptical about the lock on the slider but happy to report that we had no security issues. It is an older holder evident by the architectural style only as all areas have been beautifully updated and well appointed. Most of the staff were pleasant although it seemed that some of their answers were not very helpful, i.e. pointing to an electronic board when specifically asking where a particular restaurant is located and getting a little snarky when returning for more details. The Starbucks coffee served is an awesome touch IF you get an employee that knows how to make Starbucks coffee--and that's a big if----after a few fails I just told the guy I am a Starbucks gold member and I know what I want, how it's made and how it's suppose to taste a present---admitting he had no clue another co-worker took a shot at it and did a pretty good job----taste your coffee before leaving---one rushed morning I didn't and when I got in the car somehow they mistook my latte order for a plain venti coffee! There was also general confusion at the cafe with breakfast orders---the food being served looked good (we ate elsewhere) but while waiting for a coffee one server walked food all over the cafe looking for who it belonged too (not effectively at that) and when unsuccessful dumped it in the trash but it really belonged to the lady standing next to me who had been waiting for her to go order for some time. Enough about that. The business center had modern computers however the location doesn't offer much privacy when wanting to tap into financial matters, etc and There is a 360• view where they are situated The printing for all stations go to one printer so you kinda have to rush over to get it before other users mistakenly pick up your printing. We didn't utilize the pool or fitness area. Definitely a good place to stay and I would have no qualms about returning to the hotel but avoiding the cafe.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.
We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet all of your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

I will use your feedback as a tool to train the staff to deliver better service so that there is a better experience on your next visit.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Good stay at the Courtyard Annapolis. It's a solid hotel, in a good location close to malls and plenty of dining options a short drive away.
They put me in a room next to the elevator/ice-machine which wasn't great, but turned out ok.
I will return if back in the area on business.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Greeting Tom S.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regrding your stay on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable. We wil certainly be more mindfull in the future when placing guest near an elevator or ice machine. But, I am glad that this still worked out for you.

My staff & I truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Wonderful service at the Courtyard Marriott in Annapolis! The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others traveling in Annapolis. One of the best in the area!

• Stayed January 2014

We look forward to serving you in your future travels.

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have regularly stayed at the Courtyard Annapolis when travleing to to the Balt/Wash area for business (about 1 year now). Since I started staying at this Marriott location, they have made significant improvements in their property including room renovations and the in-house dining options. It is not a "high-end" or "luxury" property, but for business travel it more than meets expectations. The room rates are comparable to other hotels in the area, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and shower is sufficient. What more can you ask for as a business traveler.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Annapolis was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had a one night stay for two. Our two-queen bed standard room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The lobby was terrific with a contemporary bar to have a nightcap. The location of the hotel was perfect for us - being only 10 minutes away from the naval academy and 2 minutes from an awesome outdoor mall offering a multitude of dining choices. I gave the hotel a 4 out of 5 rating because they didn't appear to offer complimentary coffee or tea service in the lobby. The rooms did include self-service coffee bags.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel on Tripadvisor.
Hopefully you will afford us the oppurtunity to serve you during your next visit to Annapolis.
BALTIMORE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I will keep this as short as possible. I stay at Courtyards all the time and am usually not terribly upset with anything. However, my stay at this hotel was horrible. Upon check in, I was told that I could not pay for three rooms, only 2 even after explaining my situation. Finally 30 minutes later I was able to put the rooms all on one credit card. When doing so I told them to make the cash only rooms so nothing could be put on my credit card. I expected all my rooms to have the same charge (WRONG!) At checkout 2 of the rooms were at the rate I expected and the other was not. When I received my email of the charges another room also had extra charges. When I called to clarify I spoke to someone named Allsante and was told I would get a call from a manager. She told me there was nothing she could do but she would pass the message to a manager. I have waited a week for this call and have yet to receive one after calling back each day. 2 of the rooms were okay, although 1 of those 2 had weird stains on the curtains. The 3rd room had no heat in it and we were told it would be fixed before returning from our outing. We got back a little after midnight to an icebox. When we called and asked about it someone came to check and could not fix it so we were told we could switch rooms if we would like. I told them not to worry about it because we were exhausted and had been out for more than 5 hours and expected it to be fixed within that time. I also told them we were unhappy thus far with everything and they did not seem to care. I have stayed in hotels with lower ratings and had better service and stays so I was very upset with this stay. Neither myself or any of my friends will be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels near an ice machine so that you don't have to walk all the wa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with your concerns. Please allow me an opportunity to address your concerns regarding my property. Please contact the property at your earliest convenience and ask for myself.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Front desk staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. Room staff responsive. Bistro breakfast lady needs to take a happy pill. Found hotel walls to be very thin as we could hear a domestic dispute next door. Beds not that comfy for a Courtyard. Location was very good to get to downtown and Town Center area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel on Tripadvisor!
I hope that my staff and I will have the oppurtunity to serve you again on your next visit to Annapolis.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Annapolis? Share your experiences!