“Nice place to stay- but poor service!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Annapolis
Greenwood
“Nice place to stay- but poor service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here one night on a shopping trip- we arrived for the 3:00 check-in time and were told our room wasn't ready and would be ready in 1/2 hour. So we left and stopped at a store and came back 45 minutes later, the room was still not ready we were told it would be another hour!!! My friend had a migraine headache and just wanted to lay down so they put us in a room and then made us MOVE when "our" room was ready! Are. you. kidding. me! Would not recommend because of the staff and our experience there- the hotel itself is nice though.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
My staff and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the inconvience at check in. Your commnets were used as a training oppurtunity to prevent future occurances. I hope you will allow us the oppurtunity to serve you in the future.

Shenae Moulden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at this facility while attending the Annapolis boat show.
I found the check in clerk very friendly and helpful. She help me find a place to park at the boat show, no easy task. We arrived about 12:00 a little early, but the staff was accommodating and found us a room without extra change. The clerk also suggested a good restaurant for dinner.
The exercise facility was about what to expect from a facility of this price. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable.
The hotel does not provide a free breakfast which was a little disappointing, something I would expect for a hotel at this price point. The little restaurant in the lobby I found to be a little expensive for breakfast. A Denny's was a 3 minute drive away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
My staff and I appreciate you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that we have provdided you with a great stay and hope you will come back again.

Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were guests for two nights. Having rest other reviews, we arrived with an open attitude. I was so pleased at check-in when I recognized the previous General Manager from the nearby Residence Inn -- she was one of the best managers we have ever encountered in ANY hotel, and her transfer to the Courtyard must have been a promotion. Good choice, Marriott!

Her customer service skills have made an obvious impression on the staff -- everyone was doing their best at 100% guest capacity. Halls were vacuumed, exterior doors were washed numerous times and housekeeping in general did a great job. Our room was spotless and comfortable at all times.

We used the Bistro for breakfast both days and were pleased to see a variety of options available - and many healthy choices. There is free coffee/tea in the lobby 24-hours, as well as free newspapers.

Anything we asked for was presented with a smile and a "can do" attitude -- what more can you ask for? We did not notice any of the previous negative comments about the condition of the furniture, etc. If it is clean and workable, that does it for us. Also, we felt very safe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here during the United States Sailboat Show in Annapolis in October 2012. Staff was pleasant; room was small-ish but clean and comfortable; fitness center has mix of cardio equipment and a few free weights; bistro downstairs is quite convenient - was able to buy a glass of wine to drink in my room and there is a good assortment of breakfast items (baked goods, fruit, yogurt, hot food) - was definitely handy! Also appreciated the thermostat control in the room - could set exact temperature. There is nothing spectacular about this hotel, but it was comfortable enough that I would stay a second time if I decided to stay further from the show again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

While visiting Annapolis for an event we stayed two nights at this Courtyard, the first one we'd tried. I expected better from the Marriott name - maybe other Courtyards are different? The furniture in the room was dilapidated in appearance, with chipped edges on the veneer. Under the console was a mini-worktable, a very awkward working space, and a desk chair that could not be raised to a comfortable height. The bathroom was tired; no exhaust fan, and a shower that got up to lukewarm at best. (If you need a hair dryer, look in the closet for the black bag!) The sink space was very cramped for two people and there was no shelf to store your toiletries bag. The towels were flimsy and thin. The worst was the cheap, slick toilet paper - bring your own! The exercise room had no TVs working on the treadmills, and no water in the cooler. When we asked for the missing luggage rack, it was delivered - two hours later. Next time we will try another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
My staff and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I understand you were dissapointed with the overall age and appearance of the guest room.

We will be renovating the hotel beginning 4/10/13. All guest rooms will undergo an overall refresh. I hope that you will afford us the oppurtunity to serve you in the near future.

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had a nice stay when we visiting Annapolis 10-miler. The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. Are only negative experience was with the quality of the bistro food & service. We stood at the counter waiting for 5 minutes while the staff member sorted cups without acknowledging us. When I asked to be helped, I got a snippy response. It turned out that the strawberries we bought were as rotten as the service and my bagel was still frozen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
My staff and I appreciate you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that we have provided you with a great stay and hope you will come back again.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Courtyard by Marriott in Annapolis is probably one of their older Marriot facilities or appears that way by the condition of their rooms. The staff were pleasant and very helpful. Their breakfast bistro did not look appetizing so we ate out the two days we were there. It is located about 7-10 minutes from the Harbour, so it is conveniently located.

Room Tip: Rooms located in the back and on third floor are extremely quiet.