“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Annapolis
new york
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Was visiting Annapolis and needed an inexpensive place to stay. We found this hotel about 5 miles from downtown Annapolis. The clerk was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and functional for this hotel level. The A/C, refrigerator and microwave worked well.
The pool was clean and maintained. The free breakfast was adequate but good. We didn't hear any highway noise and slept soundly. There is a mall nearby with many restaurants.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My wife and I stayed here in May 2010. This hotel is one star at best.
We were greeted with a pleasent front desk, but that was all was going for this hotel.
This is a 2 level motel which seems to be very dated. It is right near the highway so you are hearing the noise of the hotel. It is located next to a car dealership and behind an office building. It is next door to the Doubletree which is where I stayed after staying here.

The rooms have been remodeled, but still seems old and dated. The door tends to stick and you are constantly hearing other people doors slamming shut. The toilet barely flushed and took about 5 mins to refill up. The iron board fell apart and the bathroom sink handle was loose which caused water to leak from it. Various guests decided to hang outside their room so sleeping was difficult.

The morning breakfast was busy and as things run out (hard boiled eggs), they were not replaced and this was at 8:30 am and the breakfast buffett runs from 6 to 10 am.

In my opinion, I would suggest visiting another hotel unless you enjoy an old 1 star motel near the highway.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Was in Annapolis to house hunt, and stayed three nights at this Best Western. It's not a fancy facility, the room was somewhat small, but the bed was comfortable and I slept well. Room was clean, linens updated, the desk chair was kind of big for the desk and the room, and tended to obstruct the way into the bathroom. WiFi in the room was inconsistent! Kept getting knocked off line one evening.
I was on the first floor, and the floors above were really squeaky! Kept hearing the squeaking the first two nights, must not have been anyone in the room above me the third night, Wasn't a problem for sleeping, though.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Stayed here after a day in Washington DC. We saw it off the highway, and tho it took a little navigating to figure out how to get to it, we were very glad when we did. The room was well decorated, very clean, and comfortable. It felt very homey to me. The continental breakfast is amazing for being free! Fresh fruit, canned fruit, yogurt, waffles, sausage gravy & biscuits, muffins, bagels, juice, milk, coffee etc. We were impressed and very happy with our stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
lusby md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I recently stayed at the best western in annapolis md on business and this was by far the best hotel I have stayed in. I was there for 5 days and from check in until check out everything was great. I was there during the blizzard and 2 employees even shoveled me out. You don't get that type of service anymore. Everyone there from management on made you feel like your at home. They go out of their way to make sure all your needs are met. This is the ONLY hotel I will stay at in annapolis.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Ayer, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

This place is a dump. The fridge leaked water, the fan in the bathroom didnt work, the room had definitely been smoked in and the door had evidence of being kicked in probably by police

Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

This is easily the best hotel stay I"ve ever had in this price class. In fact, the last time I had service this great was at the $200-a-night Millenium in Minneapolis. My first hint of the service was when I discovered on Dec 3 that I had accidentally booked the room for the previous weekend. They had already charged my card when I booked and so there was nothing they had to do to keep my money. Yet they went ahead and reserved me a room for the weekend starting the next day without charging me anything! I was so relieved.

The two staff I interacted with were very friendly. The free breakfast was more than adequate. The room was squeaky clean and the water hot. The shower had one of those nice curve-out curtain rods that give you lots of room. The room had a mini-fridge and a microwave in it. Free wireless!! I was just blown away at how complete the service was. Service like this is rare, frankly.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Annapolis? Share your experiences!