“Maybe not Best, But Good” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Maybe not Best, But Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Visited for one night while attending a wedding. While BW has some of the better rates, don't expect cheap as Annapolis is a popular tourist destination during the summer. While this is a typical Best Western hotel with minimal amenities, the rooms are clean. The pool is small but a good place to relax. It is noisy as the location is close to I97 and you can hear others outside your room. Given its location, the hotel is convenient to all sights in the Annapolis area. Overall, We would recommend this hotel as a more reasonable option for a short stay in Annapolis.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
pittsburgh, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I usually get a good value at Best Western, however this hotel needed some attention. Big crack in the bedroom ceiling. Needed painted and cleaned. Doors needed better locks. Pool was small, but nice In a great location, near everything!

Gettysburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel was chosen based on the AAA price, the pool and the good reviews. This property is obviously an older one that has been remodeled. It has a second building that is only 4 years old and I was told those rooms do not have a fridge like the ones in the main building does. This review is based on the main building. We had a room with 2 beds. They had to be double beds. If you are a large couple be sure to ask for the king bed room or something. You will be tight in those little beds. The beds are VERY soft. My husband hated them. I was cozy. The bathroom has a dispenser for soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion so they don't give you little bottles. I thought that was weird. The pool is for kids to play in NOT for you to swim laps. If you enjoy sitting by the pool with a beverage this is a nice area for that. The pool has chairs and shade trees. The pool goes from 3ft-4ft but still has a lifeguard on duty. They serve breakfast and it is what you expect it is. Except instead of the waffle maker they have a machine that spits out fresh made pancakes. That was cool! Faster then the hotel waffle maker and no mess! On checkout day I asked for a late checkout and they had no problem with it. This property is across the street from a shopping area and restaurants. The historic area is not a far drive AT ALL. I ant to address a previous reviewers comment about safety on the property. Yes, if I wanted to kill you there are places I could hide to do it. Just like anywhere else. I walked the property based on what a previous review said and sure there are some scary nooks and crannies where a killer could get you but no more then they could get you anywhere else! I guess if I was traveling alone I would prefer the new building where the doors are all inside the building. If you are just looking for a no frills basic place to lay your head, this Best Western is a good choice! (as long as soft beds are comfy to you) Did this review help your choice? If so please check the YES! Thanks!

Room Tip: If you don't have a need for the pool I would suggest the newer building. Although it is just ac...
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We've stayed at Best Western Annapolis in prior visits to the area. It has great proximity to all area attractions in Annapolis and Baltimore . Close to many restaurants. This trip was the best yet because we were able to catch a baseball game while in town.. Our room was the best room we've had at this hotel, for comfort and decor. Parking is just outside your room and i noted security in the evenings(extra added bonus)making us feel safe and secure. We will definately be back to stay in the future for a longer stay. The

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Annapolis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Overall - not bad. A bit pricey but we booked last minute. Helps that they allow pets without any insane fees or deposits. Completely appreciated. Breakfast was really lousy - lots of items but everything tasted bad -both days.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed 3 nights while attending Parents' Weekend at the Naval Academy. The main reason that I chose this hotel was because we had signed up for the Best Western Rewards Plan after experiencing a WONDERFUL stay at a Best Western just outside of Nashville. I booked the stay to get the Best Western points but now I am regretting it. This plan has so many restrictions in the fine print that I think it is just a gimmick to get you to stay at the Best Western Hotels. Not all Best Westerns are alike. Some are nicer than others and better maintained. The one in Annapolis is a little run- down looking inside, although it looks nice from the outside. Overall, this is not a bad hotel. It is just not stellar. If you can afford to stay at a little higher priced place you may be happier. If you are on a budget and go through the internet to get a better room rate than we did by going through Best Western, then you may be satisfied here. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and my children did not have any problems accessing the internet WiFi. My son enjoyed the outdoor pool. Most of the family did not care for the breakfast. My 12 year old son asked if we could eat somewhere else. I like cereal and fruit so I was OK with it. The other options were pancakes, scambled eggs, and sausage with biscuits. There was some variety but overall the breakfast was so-so. I hope that this review is helpful. My husband and I are in our early 50's and have now had 3 children go off to college so we find ourself staying in hotels frequently when we visit them.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My son and I stayed here for one night as part of our DC tour. It is not close to DC, but the room was clean, and beds were comfortable. The breakfast was great. It offered many choices and one lady worked diligently to replenish the food area. My son enjoyed the pancake machine, which was easy to use.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Annapolis? Share your experiences!