“Customer Friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Manassas, Virginia
“Customer Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The entire staff from the reservation clerk, to the breakfast cook and shift supervisor were all very friendly. I was able to secure a "reputable" taxi at their recommendations. It is nice to be greeted and treated like you are a part of their family.

Room Tip: I always select the upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
jstk, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Annapolis, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
We hope to see you again!
Sincerely, Shannon Jensen G.M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Clinton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were there when two large groups of college kids were staying as well. No dog issue, and were hoping we did not get a pet friendly room due to allergies.

We were making reservations, and I waited a day, and the price went up $15 per night. Not a great sales point. When we got there, we found out it is a motel, with room doors open to the outside and no hallways. Should have asked. There was a 1/2" gap between the door and its frame, luckily it was not too cold outside. By the time we left, we figured out that the flapping noise was the gasket on the door which was unattached for about four feet, thus the gap.

The bathroom was terrible. First the problem was that the toilet flushed poorly. Poorly = 2 flushes for just #1, and 5 or more for #2 if you don't want anything left over. This got worse with the stay. Maybe we should have called, but we were out all day when we were there and did not want anyone in the room, plus the room was so small I would worry about smell and sloppy clean-up. On that note, there was HAIR in the bathroom before we even used it. Hair that was not mine or my roomates. Not a little either. We managed to move some out o the way, but I can't imagine any cleaning people in their right mind would leave hair around the bathroom.

One other thing that made us upset was a lack of three-pronged outlets. The TV and lamp were plugged into three-pronged outlets, but the other outlets in the room had only two prongs. Did not know they were still legal.

Finally, although the breakfast was decent, including waffles, there was very little seating (perhaps for 20 people) and by far not enough room. We wanted to just get some food and take it back to our room, but between about 12 college kids and two families of six, the two of us could barely fit in and people were spilling food and drink all over. They are listed as having 111 non-smoking rooms, but there appeared to be many more.

All in all, it was a dive and we won't be going back there. I gave three stars because the desk staff were very good, and you could argue that I should have complained and gotten things fixed. But they weren't going to be putting in three-pronged outlets, and also I had to wait more than a half hour past regular check-in time just to get a room - and my original room would have been over an hour wait.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want clean and updated. I would say if you can get less than 50 dollars...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jersey Shore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Checked-in at ~ 9:00 pm on a Saturday night. Told the clerk we had a small dog. She asked me to wait a minute then disappeared to the back for over 5 minutes. While I was waiting for her return, another guest arrived and started to check-in with the other clerk. Same thing! He had a dog and the clerk disappeared, too.

They both returned and said that they had no pet-friendly rooms left, so we would have to pay an extra $10 over the $15 usual pet fee. The other guest got very angry and loud and asked to speak to the manager. Clerk #1 sent to the back again. After another 5 minutes, she came back and announced that it was the $10 or we could find someplace else to stay! Before the other guy could explode, I said I'd take it and either talk to the manager in the morning. (As I walked out, other guy was exploding!)

In the morning, the manager went to great pains to justify the $10, but in the end took it off the bill. This policy is either terrible customer service, or a pure bait-and-switch to get more revenue per guest. How do we know how many "pet-friendly" rooms they have. They probably say this to all guests with pets.

BTW, while I was waiting, I could read their script for taking reservations, which went into great detail on how to get the highest rates!

THEN, when we got to the room, it had not been cleaned/made-up and reeked of smoke (supposed to be non-smoking). Back to the car, back to the lobby to get another room, which was handled efficiently and friendly.

Oh - and the hot water faucet was reversed. Scalding danger!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had an occasion to stay at this hotel due to a death in my family. The staff was very understanding and catered to our every need.
Our room was clean and appeared to be taken care of properly.
Their free breakfast was more than adequate with a good selection of items that would appeal to anyone.
Since staying here I have booked a Best Western in Cambridge, MA for a wedding and I would expect it to be just as nice as the one in Annapolis.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Best Western was a great location when traveling in Annapolis with a dog. Of the few hotels in the area that allowed pets, this one was the most affordable. I found it a complete ripoff that hotels charge $75-100 for a pet. The Best Western was only an extra $15 charge. The room wasn't anything more than a motel type of room but the king bed was very comfortable and we slept well. If traveling to Annapolis again, I'd stay here again. The Annapolis Mall and major shoping at the Town Center were within 1 block of the hotel. The Town Center is an amazing place for shopping and many great restaurants to choose from. We may come visit again this summer.

Room Tip: Get a 1st floor non smoking king
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vilnius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We need to spend a night on the way , so it was good because of close to the highway . Lobby and recepcion is nice , breakfast simple , regular . Room was ok , but it some point you feel yourselve like you are in a motel room .Was ok for just spending a night for a reasonable price .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
jstk, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Annapolis, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again! Sincerely, Shannon Jensen General Manager.
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spent one night here on my way to Florida. Reserved a room on line a few days prior at the AAA Rate and found it a good bargain.
Arrived at hotel on a cold rainy night. Quick check=in polite receptionist. Got into room and everything was in order. Warmed up nicely. Clean bathroom, plenty of towels and hot water. Nice Flat screen TV with plenty of local and satellite channels.
This inn is very close to a shoping mall with a wide variety of stores and restaurants. Had it not ben raining and occasionally mixing with snow, I would have walkd to the mall, perhaps a 10-minute walk.
Room was very quiet, no outside noise, considering how close it is to a busy freeway (US 50/301). Double locked doors and secure entry with key-card.

Checked out with a nice breakfast. great variety of cereals, pastries, juices, and even waffles.

Only discrepancy with the room was the bathroom fan did not work, not a big deal for me; and left word with front desk, and the check out lady was happy I reported it.

Not a bad place to stay; one minor drawback is it is rather dificult to find off Riva Avenue, one has to look very carefully for the sign, which is posted along with many other signs at entrance to a business park. Look for a Chuck E Cheese Restaurant and it is right next to it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Annapolis? Share your experiences!