“Better than your average HGI!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed 'N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Telford, Pennsylvania
“Better than your average HGI!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

After a long and frustrating day it was great to check in at this HGI. Logan at the front desk was very polite, professional, and friendly. My key/room/Hilton Honors information were already taken care of, as were the two complimentary bottles of water. I received a free room upgrade from a king bed to a suite. It was one of those moments where I wasn't sure if I was incredibly happy or incredibly embarrassed to be in America. Is it really necessary for a single person to have a suite with 1.5 bathrooms, a jacuzzi, a couch, two TVs with cable/DVD, a king bed, etc? Nope. But was it a nice surprise after a long day? You betcha. The room also had an in-room safe (not that I felt unsafe, but it's always nice for piece of mind), a microwave, fridge, kitchen-sink-type area, coffee maker (though there is free coffee/tea in the lobby anyways) etc.

There are quite a few restaurants in the area but by the time I had arrived most were closed and room service hours were over. I made do with the Pavilion Pantry, which had a number of options... and a cooler with beer! Now we're talkin'. I didn't have breakfast there, nor did I use room service, but standard HGI fare is always pretty good for a hotel. The fitness center was better than your usual HGI; there were 2 ellipticals (with screens), 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike, weight machine, free weights, weight bench, medicine balls, yoga mats/blocks, a scale, and cleaning wipes.

I'll definitely be back if business brings me here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. The location was perfect....close to food...stores... and family. Service was great... Logan at front desk was very nice. :) We had a great time! :-):-):-):-):-):-)

Room Tip: Love the fridge and microwave
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had a nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was great very nice and they allowed me to change my king room both through a travel site to a room with doubles. I was even asked at check in if the first level floor was okay or did I want to change it. The staff greeted us when we left and entered the hotel. The beds were nice and the room was clean.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very convenient location anytime you are visiting the Baltimore/Washington area. Right off I50 with easy access to DC, Baltimore, Annapolis or Kent Island. Abundant restaurants in the area. CVS & gas station within 1 block. Extremely courteous and informative staff, nice morning breakfast area and very good food for breakfast. Rooms are spacious with excellent internet service. Nice bathrooms with good water pressure for the showers. And great cookies...but get them early as they go quickly! Top notch value.

Room Tip: All rooms we stayed in have been quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Dark, Dingy, Dirty..........the worst HGI. I have staye at many HGI's, but this is the worst. Dark small rooms, dirty inside and out. The common areas are depressing, the exterior was full of trash and the Staff was beyond poorly trained. I got the feeling I was doing them a favor staying there! Don't spend your hard earned business dollars, leisure dollars, or points at this property. The only way I would consider staying here again would be if the Red Roof Inn was sold out!

I e-mailed the Manager a week ago, but have had no response!

Hilton Diamond

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tim G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Ray,

Thank you for your review and let me say that you have my apologies for your unsatisfactory stay. We work very hard to not only meet but exceed our guests expectations which us earned us the 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award with continuous guest raves. Our staff undergoes extensive training which is why I am very disappointed to hear that did not shine through to a loyal traveler like yourself.
Neither I nor my leadership staff have received your email so I invite you to contact me directly at 410-266-9006 and I would be more than happy to speak with you further about your stay.
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is a wonderful place to stay. It is conveniently located with restaurants, etc nearby. Mike's Crabhouse has excellent food and good prices. We did not use the hotel's food service during this stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were large with very comfortable (and adjustable) beds; large good quality TV and very good internet service. They offer both ethernet & wired access which is complimentary for HHHonors members. Our room was very quiet, had good water pressure for the shower. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. There is a CVS across the street and a gas station on the corner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

While I have rated this hotel as excellent, it is as a result of the performance of the staff and not the actual experience. I do not wish this situation on any hotel, but I guess it was just our turn to endure a traveling high school band. While kids will be kids, I did find it hard to sleep with all the running around and noise on my floor and the floor above me. With that said, the hotel went above and beyond to ensure all guests had a pleassant stay. I am a Hilton Honors member, so I know what level of service to expect from HGI, and they did deliver that service. I will be back, and I look forward to it. You will not hear excuses from this hotel, you will receive top notch service!

Room Tip: I recommend staying above the second floor and away from the elevator, but that's pretty general...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis? Share your experiences!