“Fine family hotel, good access to Annapolis” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed 'N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Truckee
“Fine family hotel, good access to Annapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The hotel's location is fine, with good access to major roads, plenty of commerce nearby, and it's just a short drive to historic Annapolis. Our room was clean and modern. The hotel service was excellent. Value for the price was super.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
LTadventurer2 :

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor for us! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn while you were visiting Annapolis.

We take a lot of pride making sure our rooms are clean and that we offer a service that you would expect from a Hilton property. We love to hear that you felt that you received a great value for the price you paid.

We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Annapolis.

Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Jersy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here from a Thursday through a Monday this July since our daughter was married in Annapolis proper. The hotel is extremely clean and well maintained with a lot of ammenities. We would definitely stay there again if the need arises. In fact our daughter chose this hotel for her bridesmaids and out of town guests and family friends. It turned out to be an excellent choice. Other than a room safe that suffered an electronic failure during our stay, everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
ALNJEAN:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn while you were in Annapolis.

We are glad that you found our hotel to be clean and friendly. It makes us very happy that you found our amenities useful.

We make it a point to take care of our guests and especially our groups. We understand that when you come into town for a wedding, the last thing you want to worry about are the overnight accommodations! We definitely look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Me and my husband spent our first anniversary in Annapolis, and we choose this hotel because we know hilton garden inn are pretty good for a reasonable price.
The check in process was fast, and the receptionist was nice. The room was clean, and the bed was really comfortable.
We got the option of the breakfast buffet, and that was really good: they cook to order omelets, pancakes and others for you. There was a good amount of options for breakfast, including healthy ones, that are our preferred ones. The waiter was the nicest guy ever, but I cannot remember his name.
We visited the gym, which is not that bis, but it is comfortable: it has bicycles, ellipticals, and some weights. There are mats available if you need.
We also used the swimming pool that was nice and clean. There was towel service there too.
Problems: The key of the room would not open the room til the third time we tried each time. That is annoying, but a minor problem.
Extra nice: We stayed in our room late one day, so we miss the room cleaning, however, the ladies from the service were nice enough to clean our room out even when we asked for it really late.
Even when this hotel is not in downtown Annapolis, I recommend it as a great option. It just takes less than 10 minutes driving to downtown, and you get a great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MegTI:

I just wanted to take a quick moment and thank you for writing a Trip Advisor review about our hotel while you were in Annapolis!

It means a lot to us when we get these reviews back because they let us know what we're doing right and what we need to improve on.

We're glad that you picked the Bed & Breakfast Package and that you found it enjoyable. The server that you're talking about was probably Todd or Randy. They are both great guys and are the reason for our great service! It also means a lot to us that you found our options to be healthy and that you could find everything you were looking for.

We are very sorry about the fact it took you three times to get your door open. That is not acceptable and we have replaced the batteries in that lock, which seemed to be the issue!

I will be using your review for some good recognition! It's always nice when we have reviews that feature each department!

Thank you for your time.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stayed four nights for business. Room was great, bed very comfortable, pool area refreshing on a hot day. Work out room was top-notch--better than hotels with more stars and more price. Breakfast was good--noticed that the staff worked hard during breakfast hours to ensure people received good service. I saw one grumpy guest read a server the riot act about his toast not being buttered--he was a jerk--and the staff patiently listened to the guy and then went out of their way to butter the damn piece of bread. More patience than I would have had, but also shows the professionalism of the staff. Only drawback is that the halls could have been vacuumed better on the second and third floors, where I had rooms. Overall, great experience--one of the better Hilton-affiliated properties I have stayed at...better than some Doubletrees that cost a lot more.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Recon1:

Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel. I'm sorry that my response is late, but I still felt it necessary to write a quick note.

We don't often get many reivews from our business travelers, so it makes yours extra special. I'm glad you found our gym to be effective. We're actually going to be renovating it pretty soon and it's going to be even better!

Thank you taking notice of our professional service. Breakfast can be hectic sometimes and we definitely try our best to make sure everyone is getting taken care of. I will let the Breakfast Crew know that you gave them a nice shout out.

Last but not least, thanks for letting us know that we could've done a better job cleaning the hallways. I'm sorry that they were not up to par, but we are striving to make this better. I've coached and counseled with our team and it is a top priority.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write some very kind words about our hotel.

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was our first trip down to Annapolis and my wife and I had a great time. This Hilton Garden Inn was worth the price. The young woman at the front desk was great during the check-in process. Very nice and informative. Good sized, clean and comfortable room, with fridge and microwave. The outdoor pool and hot tub was great. Nice size and well kept.

Wireless Internet was free and performed well.

Location was close to downtown Annapolis and the Annapolis Town Centre was right down the street.

Will definitely stay here again when back in the area.

Only issue would be that there were no free breakfast options. Just a continental for 6 bucks and full breakfast for 11 bucks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
TonyCash72:

Sorry for the delayed follow up, but I still had to send you a quick thank you! We really appreciate the feedback we get from our Guests! You guys are the ones who let us know what we're doing right and what we need to improve on.

I'm glad that you found value for the price you paid at our hotel. We're also glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Also, the internet was just upgraded, so I'm glad to hear you found it to be working well. That is something we've put a lot of effort into getting it to where it needs to be so you and our other Guests can function.

As far as breakfast goes, we are not doing the continental anymore. We have a full-cooked to order breakfast for $10.95 or if you're looking for something a little lighter we offer a $3.00 a la carte.

We look forward to seeing you and your wife next time you're in Annapolis!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My family and I recently stayed here for a weekend get a way. We felt from the value we paid, that we got not only a great clean room, that the staff took great care of us. The staff was attentive and they had all the answers to our questions! We wanted to take a day trip to DC and they young lady at the front desk knew DC so well and gave us so many great tips on where to go. If we come back to Annapolis, we will stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pennlane:

I'm glad to hear that you found your stay to be enjoyable and worth the price you paid. I'm also happy to hear that we were able to give you good directions and suggestions for DC. I know how difficult it can be trying to navigate around a city you've never been to before. I'm actually from Ann Arbor, MI and when I moved to Annapolis I had the same questions you probably had about DC.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and your past stay.

We look forward to seeing you again if you decide to visit Annapolis again.

Bedford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is a reasonable place in regards to distance from town (about 10 min) and is in close proximity to shopping/dining out of the waterfront area. The room was clean and spacious. I would recommend skipping their breakfast offering (it ran $6-10) that is set up in the lobby/entrance, and go find Hard Bean Cafe and Book Store,or one of the other local places with character and atmosphere. It has a nice pool and is a pleasant, safe property. Overall, I enjoyed it as my "base camp" for visiting beautiful Annapolis.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
PuffinFan:

I just wanted to take the time out and thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor! We appreciate every response we receive because your reviews let us know what we're doing right and what we need to correct.

I'm happy to see that you found our hotel to be reasonably priced and that our location wasn't too far from downtown. We're glad you found our rooms to be clean and provided enough space for you while you were visiting Annapolis.

I hope that next time you're in town that you give our breakfast a chance, but I completely understand that when you're in Annapolis, you want to eat somewhere that has the "Annapolis" culture and feel to it.

Again, I want to say thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Annapolis.

TJ Cantu

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis? Share your experiences!