“My friend loves this place, but I have never warmed to it” 3 of 5 stars

410-990-9868
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tsunami - Annapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 307 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Calvert/Cathedral
Annapolis, Maryland
“My friend loves this place, but I have never warmed to it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

When we decide to go for sushi, she alwas votes for Tsumani and I for Joss. Joss feels like an authentic sushi bar. Tsunami has the atmosphere of an elegant night club that also serves sushi. Thier menu is the typical selection of rolls and fish. The later I always find cut to thick and difficult to chew. I don't dislike Tsunami. As my friend poiints out, being in my mid-40s I'm too old to appreciate its youthful vibe!

Visited November 2012

DC
“Average luncheon place...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stopped by Tsunami for lunch with a few coworkers. Not too crowded at all... We ordered a mixtures of sandwiches and sushi. Meals came out at a decent time but the quality was about average. The sushi was well sliced with just enough rice. The chicken with hoisin sauce was a little dry. The seafood Thai mussel dish was a little bland. I asked my coworkers to rate the place and all agreed that Tsunami is about average. Give it a try for yourself!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, MD
“unbelievably good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

the food is fabulous, especially the sushi and spring rolls ... if only the music weren't so loud .. it's nearly impossible to have a conversation with you dinner

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis
“More of a Bar than a fine restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Sorry to see it go downhill. The music has always been loud but it is totally out of control now. My friend and I were unable to talk across the table....so we had to eat our dinner in silence because the music was too loud. The food was disappointing. The sushi was not as good as it used to be - smaller and lower quality. The avocado salad was good. We had the whole fish which was overcooked. We had a side dish of fried rice with shrimp and it was hard and crunchy. Plus it was ridiculously expensive for a side dish of fried rice. Unfortunately, I have another Groupon for Tsunami and have to go back. Otherwise, I would move on to a better quality restaurant. It's just a bar that serves the younger crowd that really isn't old enough to understand a fine restaurant or quality food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Creative foods and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Fun, friendly wait staff! Great sushi selections - and martini choices too! Must try the tofu appetizer... Can't tell you why, it would ruin the surprise!

• Visited September 2012