“Great atmosphere, friendly & enthusiastic staff, impressive food & drinks!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of level

level
69 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
410-268-0003
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
level is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 307 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Calvert
Transit: Annapolis City Transit Bus Stop on corner of 69 West street & calvert street.
Description: Level is an award winning locally sourced small plates restaurant and cocktail bar. Our food is regional modern comfort food that is designed to be shared. We partner with local maryland farms to source our meats, seafoods, and produce. We ensure fresh, local, sustainable efforts in our kitchen and bar. We handcraft all our cocktails using fresh squeezed juices, house made mixers, tonics, sodas, and fine spirits. We invite you to Eat. Drink. Socialize!
rara8698
“Great atmosphere, friendly & enthusiastic staff, impressive food & drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I went here on a Saturday night with a friend. We made reservations and were seated right away. As soon as I walked in the door I began eye-balling the huge colorful list of cocktails they have on a chalk board hanging on the wall. I was excited about all of them! My friend recommended the Smoked Margarita, and I'm glad she did! It was hands down the most interesting margarita I've ever had. The server explained to us that the menu had just switched over for the season and encouraged us to try some of their newer plates. We got the pumpkin hummus, the grilled Japanese eggplant with feta, the mushroom risotto, and the mustard seed gnocchi. All of it was delicious, though my favorite were definitely the gnocchi. We got the caramelized banana pudding for dessert. For our second round of drinks, my friend got the Moscow Mule, which she really liked - I tasted it and it was very refreshing. I got a drink that the server described but it wasn't on the menu: it had apple, orange, and pineapple juices with nutmeg, spiced rum and honeycrisp apples. It was incredible! Everything was amazing and I can't wait to go back!

New Cumberland, PA
“Fabulous food, delicious drinks and professional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

After eating at Level three times, it's become our favorite place for dinner in Annapolis. They have excellent, fresh-made drinks - I'm normally a wine drinker, but these are too good to pass up. Our favorites are Moscow mules served in copper mugs and gimlets (an old-fashioned drink, but refreshing in the summer). The first two times we sat at the bar and it was entertaining just to watch them make the drinks (I was a bartender for a summer at the beach, but definitely not in their league!). Everyone is exceptionally friendly and the chef, Saul, came out to ask us how we liked our food (how often does that happen?). The last time we went, there were four of us and we ordered a lot of different things and passed them around, so we've tried quite a few items on the menu and haven't been disappointed yet. They serve small plates, but if you're petite like I am and/or trying to watch your food intake, this is a good thing, The food is obtained locally, another plus. I'd like to keep this place a secret, but it wouldn't be fair to the employes, owners or fellow TA members. Try the crab dip - it's the best I've ever had with huge pieces of lump crabmeat. Also, ignore the negative comments from earlier - as another person stated, it turned over from another restaurant and we haven't encountered John the manager yet, so maybe he's left.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food, great service, reasonably priced, local ingredients, cant beat it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I took my girlfriend here for her birthday because we were looking for something a little 'younger' than the old stand-bys on the circle and down by the water. Was not disappointed.

While the demographic was in fact a little older than I expected, the restaurant itself has a hip vibe.

We ordered a pitcher of white sangria, which was a little heavy on the ice, but otherwise very good. For our meal we had the buffalo carpaccio, tuna tartare, calamari, scallops, and a rockfish civiche. I highly recommend the rockfish civiche and the tuna tartare, both were excellent, and I particularly liked the civiche's seasoning. For dessert, chocolate banana bread pudding, also excellent.

Not only were all the ingredients fresh and tasty, but the top of the menu has listed on it a dozen or so local farms from which many of the ingredients originate.

Service was warm and diligent, our glasses were never empty, and the manager checked in on us during the meal too.

And the total for 5 tapas, two drinks, and dessert? $85 after tip! Would definitely go back!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Crab Dip in Annapolis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Level was an unexpected gem in Annapolis! Their crab dip is hands down the best crab dip in all of Annapolis. We could barely keep ourselves from licking the bowl. The portion sizes of their other small plate offerings are perfect, and the atmosphere is very cool. The drinks were excellent also- highly recommend the smoked margarita. Definitely put Level on your eatery list when in Annapolis.

Annapolis, Maryland
“I love sitting at the bar and sipping one of Level's crafty cocktails (always unique). The Bellini's and smoked...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I love sitting at the bar and sipping one of Level's crafty cocktails (always unique). The Bellini's and smoked margaritas are delicious! I recommend the veggie risotto, grilled calamari and grilled asparagus...best part? LOCAL ingredients and organic options. Bonus- Many gluten free menu options :)