“Beware of a B&B with a "For Sale" sign” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Peninsula House

Peninsula House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
Peninsula House
You added Peninsula House to your Saves list
11 Chester Avenue, Annapolis, MD 21403   |
Ranked #22 of 31 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Reston, Virginia
“Beware of a B&B with a "For Sale" sign”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

It started when we arrived. What I assumed were other guests cars occupied a good portion of the driveway and after several attempts to use the lauded "Off Street Parking" I had to resort to the narrow street, where my car was damaged when I scraped my rim on the low curb ($400 down). It turns out the two cars occupying the entire 4 car driveway were the innkeepers 2 cars....

The room was quite nice, but it was impossible to relax or sleep as the room was at least 85 degrees. I woke up several times during the night sweating and went down stairs to find the thermostat.....It was set to 80...Once again another posted amenity (Air Conditioned rooms) failure.

Breakfast was just OK, nothing special or memorable. At one point during breakfast I went to pour myself a cup of coffee, but the innkeepers husband grabbed the pot just as I was heading over and proceeded to take the coffee into the kitchen, pour himself a cup and bring it back out empty.

No Amenities outside of a chess board and a cheesy organ. Went down to grab a bottled water because it was so hot in our room and nothing, nada, zip, zero to drink.

Room Tip: Do not bother...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had a great time at Peninsula House. Jan and Ruth were very helpful in regards to restaurant suggestions and with information on things to do in Annapolis. The house was very clean and nice and antique. The B&B is in a section of town called Eastport and its kinda dead at night. My boyfriend and I walked around the neighborhood at 9pm and it was like a ghost town. We did find a near by pub where alot of the neighbors go to hang out. We did enjoy ourselves in down town Annapolis. The only downfall I would say about Peninsula House was the breakfast. I was expecting it to be better. We were served a fruit plate, eggs benedict, and toast. I was expecting a full breakfast with options of either: eggs, waffles, pastries, pancakes, hash browns, bacon, or sausage. I just don't think a breakfast of fruit plate, eggs benedict, and toast was enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

If you are looking for a charming little B&B, then the Peninsula House in Annapolis is just the place. The locals call this area of Annapolis...Eastport...and you will know who are really a local as they fly the flag of the Maritime Republic of Eastport which is its tongue and cheek name given to the peninsula a number of years ago when it wanted to susceed from Annapolis. Jan and Ruth are great inn keepers but may give up the rigors of B&B-ing to have their own private time. We can only hope if they do sell, the new owners will be as charming. The rooms are cosy, the conversation is intellectual and the advice is suberb. The breakfast...well after the first breakfast I couldn't wait to go back to bed so I could to wake up for the second breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Went to Annapolis with no reservations, the Peninsula House was the only B & B with availability. I didn't know what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to this incredibly charming home with a beautiful porch near historic Annapolis. From the moment we pulled up, til we met the owners, ate at the beautiful bayside restaurant down the street, and walked to and from Annapolis we were overcome by the incredible atmosphere and ambiance. Upon returning to our room, wonderfully adorned with green paint and white wicker furniture, my girlfriend and I found ourselves spending hours on the bench seat in the corner. It was my girlfriend's first experience with a B & B and it couldn't have been any more perfect. After asking her to marry me we enjoyed the rest of our evening in the peaceful setting and adjourned to the front porch the following morning. Ruth met us with champagne at the breakfast table where we enjoyed fresh fruit and eggs florentine. I couldn't ask for a more perfect setting for the proposal to my future bride and deepest love. I would highly recommend the green room, though I haven't seen the other rooms and I'm sure they're just as incredible. FYI - the pics online do not do the Peninsula House justice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Carlos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Ruth is a very accommodating hostess. OUr room as huge and airy with a view of the back gardent. She gave us great tips on where to eat and what to do. Location in Eastport is perfect for visiting the USNA and MD.. state house. The place is really terrific filled with great mementos of their many trips. Breakfast was excellent. The only sad thing is that the property is up for sale.

Room Tip: We saw all the rooms and they all looked good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennebunkport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We recently spent a great weekend at the Peninsula House. It is a large, very comfortable house in a wonderfully eclectic neighborhood called Eastport. We had the Purple Room (the only purple thing was some paint in the bathroom so don't be scared off by the name!) which overlooked the beautiful rear gardens. The owners are very helpful and knowledgable and turned us on to the water taxi to go over to Annapolis. The location is so good you park your car and walk and/or take the water taxi to get to anything you want. Ruth is a gourmet cook. I'm very fussy about breakfast and she exceeded my expectations (if you are lucky, you may catch her eggs Florentine). Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Peninsula House? Share your experiences!