“My First B&B Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at 30 Maryland

The Inn at 30 Maryland
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
The Inn at 30 Maryland
You added The Inn at 30 Maryland to your Saves list
30 Maryland Avenue, Annapolis, MD 21401   |
Ranked #18 of 31 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Mountain Ranch
“My First B&B Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I decided to deviate from the usual hotel choice; glad I stayed at the B&B, "The Inn at 30 Maryland". I felt at home as soon as I walked in. The decor was perfectly comforting; grab a book from shelf and relax. My room could not have been better. A large bed, private bath and a spacious sitting area which led to a private deck overlooking the rear yard and a very old wall....I really appreciate the history of the area. I was provided with an interesting personal tour of the neighboring homes and the Naval grounds from the owner, Rick. I don't think I could have been closer to the USNA. Shopping and dining are within walking distance. I had a great couple of days. Beth was very accomodating; always plenty of good food for snacks. Bottled water or soda was always readily available. The open coffee/tea area was like home. I'm an early riser so I easily helped myself to several cups of coffee and fresh fruit while everyone was still asleep. I didn't worry about disturbing anyone upstairs. I felt as though I was a guest in someone's home; so much nicer than a "hotel room". I will not be so hesitant to stay at a B&B in the future. I will certainly stay here while in Annapolis.

Room Tip: Request the room overlooking the rear yard; so peaceful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Inn at 30 Maryland this week and what a wonderful experience! The owners, Rick and Beth, were so gracious and helpful as well as extremely knowledgeable - this was my first time in Annapolis. The Inn is stunning! The bedrooms were all beautifully appointed and had the most comfortable and luxurious bedding. I was in Suite 35 - it is large, with a sweet porch overlooking the backyard and gardens. It was very quiet and peaceful and within walking distance of the quaint downtown. Delicious treats are available all day long, as well as coffee, tea, and juices and a large selection of books and games. All in all it was perfectly wonderful and I would stay here again and again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms - ALL of them - are absolutely gorgeous !!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We selected "The Inn at 30 Maryland" for our Annapolis visit to celebrate my 40th USNA class reunion. My wife and I stayed in Room 34, and two other classmates with their wives stayed in 32 and 33. These are king-size bedrooms and tastefully decorated. There are some larger suites which can sleep additional, but we found our rooms to be a perfect size and very comfortable. The Inn was pretty well booked over the weekend, yet we were not disturbed by noise from other guests. There will be street noise if you have windows open, however, as with most houses in the area. But the Inn has air conditioning so in hot and humid Annapolis weather you'll find comfort inside. Our stay was four nights, and having had previous good experiences at other Annapolis B&B's we were looking forward to the whole thing. We were not disappointed. It was simply our best B&B experience.

The house is located one block from the main USNA gate, and it is gorgeous. The common rooms are large and well furnished. Beds and bath facilities are top notch. There is a front porch for sitting and watching the world go by with a glass of wine. Innkeepers Rick and Beth are unobtrusive but always seemed to materialize when needed. We felt totally at home and used the common sitting and dining area extensively (when not on the front porch).

As with many properties in Annapolis, there is no dedicated parking for the Inn. But it's simply not a problem. It can sound complicated on the Inn's website, but not to worry. We were given passes for on-street parking, which was (surprisingly to me) abundant when we arrived. Parking garage vouchers are also available and there is a free garage on the weekend within a ten minute walk. We just parked the car and walked everywhere anyway because the Inn is so centrally located. So pull up, drop off your bags, say hi, go park the car, and forget it.

Be aware the Inn does not provide a hot cooked breakfast. Instead there is a variety of fresh fruit, fresh juices, pastries, coffee, and tea, provided in the morning. One morning was quiche. And there is a 24 X 7 spread of beverages and snacks provided, which I believe contributed to our being so comfortable using the common areas at all hours. Something about food making one feel welcome and at home, I guess. Given the choice of a hot breakfast or the ongoing spread this Inn provides, I prefer it this way. If you'd like wine, just buy your own at the shop a block away and use the Inn's corkscrew, ice bucket and glasses, complemented with fruit and a nice selection of munchies. Otherwise there is soda, juice, ice tea, coffee, bottled/spring water, and hot tea always available.

When we visit Annapolis a again, we'll choose the Inn at 30 Maryland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We rented the first two floors of 30 Maryland for USNA Graduation Week and had 5 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, 3 spacious living rooms downstairs, a fantastic kitchen and dining room..and not to mention a beautiful backyard surrounded by an historic brick wall. We were able to have 10 people stay comfortably!
In the backyard there were two coolers and a grill. Inside there was a Keurig coffee maker, plenty of big screen TVs, indoor music system, and the kitchen has an over, stovetop and a griddle! There was also a washer and dryer we were able to use.
We were able to host a couple parties during the graduation week and had a great time. We also had a dessert reception in the dining room after the USNA Women's Glee Club concert and it couldn't have been a more perfect space.
All of our guests commented on how great the house was. The house is a very short walk from the USNA campus and all the downtown Annapolis shops. The Navy Marine Corps Stadium is a very short drive away and my family was able to make several trips back and forth from the house to the stadium to transport family members the morning of graduation.
We could not have asked for a more perfect graduation house! The family who owns the house is also wonderful!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great! One of the rooms towards the back of the house has a balcony overlooking...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This was our first stay here, and it definitely won't be our last, we loved it! My husband and I were in town for a Navy football game and found that this B&B was very conveniently located to everything we needed. The B&B was very clean, cozy, and comfortable! Beth makes a great breakfast and the service was outstanding! Although there is no onsite parking.. PLEASE do not let that deter you from staying here! Right before our stay, my husband contacted Beth and she sent us a map of Annapolis with parking locations on it. ( I wouldn't suggest attempting street parking). There is a city indoor garage within walking distance that you can park for free in for the entire weekend. All we did was pull up in front of the B&B, drop off our bags, drive a few blocks and park the car, and walk back. We did the opposite for check-out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We have stayed twice and will definitely be coming back any time we are in town to visit our Midshipman. The service was excellent, the rooms very comfortable and you cannot beat the breakfast on Saturday morning. Excellent value and the location are within walking distance of Gate number 1.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was in town for a friends wedding, and had originally booked this B&B as a romantic weekend with my husband, but he had to back out last minute. So, I spent the weekend in a new city by myself, but because this place was so comfy and welcoming, I had an amazing time. The location is in the heart of the antique shopping district, and down the street from the state building. You do not park at the inn, but instead unload at the metered parking (they give you the change you need), and then park up the street at a public garage that is free. It's not really a big deal, and I loved the walk around the residential area I would not have seen otherwise. The rooms are super clean, and has the perfect combo of modern conveniences (I love the bathtub!) and the antique charm. Bed was amazingly plush, and the room is the biggest I've ever had in a B&B. The cafe is open 24/7 with assorted teas, snacks, yogurt etc. The breakfasts are gourmet, and just amazing!! I had lump crabmeat in an omelet, I had the best breakfast casserole, and croissant french toast with fresh lemon curd (OK I am drooling). Beth is very nice, and her family lives at the B&B, so they are there for you at all hours. She even gave me a coupon for the spa across the street for a facial so I looked great for the wedding (best facial I have EVER had). Everything is walking distance, so I never needed my car. Such a charming and safe place. I never heard anything in my room, even when I retired early at 9pm. Very quiet, and worth every penny. Oh, and this was the only B&B that didn't raise their prices for the holiday weekend, which I really felt was honest and sensible. I highly recommend this B&B, and I am very picky. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 32, which had nice view of the street, but was one of the 2 rooms without a ceiling...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Inn at 30 Maryland? Share your experiences!