“Best hotel in Annapolis” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
northern NJ
“Best hotel in Annapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Westin turned out to be the perfect choice for my family during July 4th. I liked the location which is just off West Street with lots of nice restaurants, art galleries etc. I preferred the location to the Lowes, which did not have the same upscale look and feel as the Westin and we definitely did not like the Marriott despite its harbor location. The gym was perfectly adequate. The indoor pool is not very nice, but then none of the better hotels in Annapolis have an outdoor pool. Service was very good, except for the absence of the bellhop to help with bags to the room, but the outdoor staff were excellent and vehicle was brought up right away, bags stored etc. I liked the complimentary water and coffee in the room.

My only complaint to management is the seeming lack of security inside the hotel. One late night we saw several non- hotel guests on the premises and the elevators are not card key coded.

Room Tip: High floor .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ChefBarrett, Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello to our friends in Northern New Jersey,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
We certainly take the safety and security of our guests seriously and are not happy to hear that you did not feel that.
We certainly hope to see you at the Westin Annapolis when your travels bring you this way again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great hotel for business or leisure. Took the kids and they loved it. Really clean and super staff. They even have a floor for guests with dogs. A trolley right in front of hotel takes you to the docks and back and is free! Highly recommend this Westin.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

When I visited, the fitness center and restaurant were closed. I was not notified of this prior to my visit, or even when I checked in. I understand that renovations needed to be done, but I would have liked to have at least been notified when I checked in. Room service was not available in the morning because the restaurant was closed, but when I called to ask for a bottle of juice I was told no one was available. You could order bottles of water from room service to "stock" the mini bar, but it didn't get cold so this was a little pointless.
The rooms were clean and most of the staff was friendly. I would stay again, I believe that if the fitness center and restaurant were open my experience would have been much better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel has the plush amenities any Westin will offer- the soft bed, double shower head, terry cloth robes, and a spotless room. The location is within driving distance of the harbor. (or if you are a runner, it is within running distance.)

I recommend staying on the 5th floor or below. We stayed on the 6th floor and had air conditioning problems the whole week. When we called the front desk staff at 2 am to ask for help, she replied "Heat rises, but we can send up an electrician for you."

We found the day time staff very professional. At one point, we needed dry cleaning and Amanda called local services until she found the right one. Ryan, upon check in, was able to accommodate all our needs. The valet was extremely expedite and we called for the car at least 1-2 times a day.

Breakfast is $16 per person but the buffet included crabmeat with eggs along with greek yogurt, fruit, steel cut oatmeal, bacon, assortment of cheeses, and french toast. They serve Starbucks coffee in the restaurant as well as in the coffee station in the lobby. (It does have certain hours and was closed at night.)

When we checked out on July 2 they had plastic hanging up in the lobby and were starting construction in the current place of the bar/lounge.

The pool is located on the lower level and is indoor beside the workout room. I was very impressed because they had a life guard on duty at all times the pool was open. This was helpful when older kids started getting out of hand.

Overall, we enjoyed the Westin except for the air conditioning problems and the night time customer service staff.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the 5th floor or below. The 6th floor (top floor) seemed to be unusually ho...
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We found our new home away from home! This hotel accommodated all our needs and more! From housekeeping to the food and beverage department. Anything we asked for was given to us and promptly too! Coming from the West coast, my family was on a later schedule as were all the other West Coast families dropping their sons and daughters off for I day at the US Naval Academy. The food and beverage dept. adjusted their schedule to fit ours. Everyone got to sleep in and eat too! I can't thank you enough for that. Tyler Smith and Tim Carlson in the F&B Dept. we're amazing! The shuttle service to the Naval Academy and downtown Annap ran every 10 - 15 min. We rented a car but didn't need to. The valet service was very helpful too, they took time to give me a map of Annap and show me all the best spots to visit while We were there. I could go on and on about how this hotel made us feel like home! Thank you to the entire staff at the Westin Annapolis! See you in August (and Sept. too!)!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello to our friends in Livermore, California,
Thank you for sharing your kind comments about the rejuvenating Westin Annapolis. We truly appreciate you mentioning all of the wonderful things that we are extremely proud of in the hotel, but most importantly, thank you for acknowledging the efforts of Tim Carlson and Tyler Smith. They are true professionals and we are fortunate to have them as a part of our accommodating staff. Thank you for choosing Starwood Hotels and especially of the Westin Annapolis. We look forward to see you again soon when you return to your home away from home, the Westin Annapolis.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Fantastic experience at this Westin. Eddie, the valet, was quick to welcome us and provided valuable tips to make our visit to Annapolis a nice one. The front desk allowed us to check in quite early (around 11am) and gave us a room on the 6th floor with a beautiful view. They rent bikes for free, which my husband and our two boys took full advantage of. If you forget your running shoes and/or workout attire, they will loan you shoes, shirt, shorts, and socks (which you keep) for only $5. The indoor pool was small but sufficient for doing laps. There is a free trolley that will pick you up (and bring you back) right up from the hotel and take you all the way down to the harbor. I believe this ran every 10-15 minutes. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for one. I highly recommend this hotel if you're visiting the Annapolis Harbor area.

Room Tip: 6th floor!
South Plainfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The location and setting are excellent. The hotel, area, and the approach (assuming one does not take Rte 95!) are surrounded by natural beauty, and human progress including the establishment of industry in a manner that is impressive but blends very well with the environment. Parts of the lobby area and the restaurant were under renovation and hence it was difficult to make a clear judgement. The interior room we stayed at on the 2nd floor had a view primarily of the roof of the ground floor which was not very exciting. Therefore I recommend that persons who care about views take care with room selection! Breakfast was continental - the ham & cheese croissants served were very tasty - all else was mediocre. Parking was expensive for the quality of the parking lot. The swimming pool area is nice and the attendant was v courteous; the fitness center equipment is mediocre. The bed was top class in terms of comfort. Internet is an extra and not cheap!

Room Tip: See the main review section.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Westin Annapolis? Share your experiences!