“Great location, wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
FAIRFAX
“Great location, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Westin has become my go-to hotel when visiting Annapolis. The rooms are clean, the service is wonderful, the prices are reasonable, the location is great and those Westin beds are just sooooooo comfortable.
I love "little touches" and this Westin has them. The hotel has complimentary bikes to use and the bar even homemade infused Vodka. We have stayed here twice in the past couple of months and the Westin has been never failed to please. We go back after a weekend here feeling relaxed and rejuevenated!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Taleci
Thank you for taking time to share your observations and review of our hotel. We work very hard to make every visit memorable..
Many of our guests enjoy using the bicycles. We will be putting them into storage for the winter very shortly and will have them available again in the spring.

Again, thank you for comments and know we look forward to serving you in the future.
Sincerely

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

After staying here last year I gave this hotel one of the best reports I have written. I am amazed at the difference in my stay this week.

The location is outstanding. You can walk into town or into Eastport or you can take the free trolley that stops right outside the hotel.

The comfort factor of the beds and pillows can't be beat.

Part of my disappointment during this stay was because we had a room right next to the elevator. Don't make this mistake unless you are a deep sleeper. The elevators are very noisy. Unfortunately the hotel was booked solid and we did not have a choice of moving to another room.

Maid service was lacking compared to our last visit. The room was not entirely clean, particularly the bathroom floor. We stayed for 5 days. We started with 4 bath towels and only got 2 each day thereafter. When we asked for additional towels they were delivered to the room with no problem, but when you use 4 towels each day, why do they only leave you 2? The coffee supplies were only partially refreshed each day.

We had booked the 5 days across 2 reservations (special pricing on one), but we had to check in and check out when the first one expired. We did get to keep the same room so this was a minor inconvenience, but it affected the schedule of our events that day.

Parking doubled to a maximum $10/day since our last visit, and you had to pay each time you left the hotel in your car. Each time you return the clock starts again which ended up costing us more than $10/day on a couple of days. It would be better to allow hotel guests to enter and leave the parking garage as they please for a per day fee. To be fair, this was an option if you used valet parking for more than $20/day.

As we left the hotel on the last day we felt we had experienced a general inflexibility, and a gradual chipping away of our normal Westin experience. These issues may seem trivial to some, but this is a Westin, and we have come to expect a top notch stay when we book at Westins. This is the first time they have not lived up to their usual standard.

Would we not stay here now....sure we would. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and expect that this was an anomaly. But, I have seen hotels start a subtle slide and not recover. Let's hope this is not one of those as there is still so much going for this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear NauticalEndeavorer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your observations with us.. We are extremely pleased that we met many of your expectations Your comments indicate that you had an issue with parking and noise from the elevator for which I sincerely apologize.

The parking garage is owned by the city of Annapolis and we have no control of the parking rates or policies. I understand how frustrating it can be to have multiply charges in one day for parking.

Again, thank you for your response and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Warm greeting at the door and staff took good care of us through our event. A few things could be better - the carpet in our meeting room was dirty, coffee in the rooms could use actual milk or half and half, swimming pool was too hot for exercise. On the positive side, I loved that they had a running map and the route. Quite good food in the hotel restaurant. Room was a nice size and bed was very comfortable. Like the green touches and options.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Paul and Sarah

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Westin Annapolis. I am very happy that we met most of your expectations. I will share with the team the items that you said could be improved.

Again, Thank you for your business and we look forward to being your host in the future

Sincerely
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is the hotel that you want to stay at in Annapolis. The front desk staff on all shifts was excellent; I arrived early and had to leave very early which to their credit they handled flawlessly. Additionally they were both knowledgeable, friendly, and the children loved playing with the resident dog at check in. The bedding is very comfortable and the rooms quite. The only negative would have been the lipstick on the towels upon arrival (the housekeeper across the hall did rectify immediately upon notification). Overall a very positive experience, I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Annapolis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear oldyankeetraveler

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to the Westin Annapolis. Did you know that Annapolis was voted the 3rd most pet friendly city in the US? Most Starwood hotels are dog friendly and we host many dogs through out the year.

Thanks for you nice comments and we are so happy that your children had a great time!
We look forward to hosting you in the future!

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Pretty much what one would expect from Westin. A little awkward moving around the lobby/bar even checking in. Rooms are modern and bathrooms a little tight, especially in the standard king rooms. Overall a good choice at a slightly higher price than one would expect to pay. However this is primarily due to its location.

• Stayed September 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

For as much as you spend you should expect to be treated as such. I've stayed in many hotels that master hospitality but the westin Annapolis has some room to make improvements. The front desk was in informative and unfriendly. The restaurant "host?" had no idea how to seat people. The rooms were generic and looked like something I could find at a holiday inn. I've heard great things about their beds but I had the worst sleep I had ever had.

• Stayed March 2012
West Country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Spent a week here on business. This is the third hotel I have stayed in when I have been in Annapolis and it is by far my favourite.

Was given a room on the sixth floor - quiet, almost no traffic noise which was a problem with my last 2 hotels. Room was extremely clean, bed was comfortable and I had no backache getting up (which I often get in hotels as the mattresses are too hard).

I didn't watch any films or use the snacks in the room but, as most hotels, they seem to be expensive. Didn't drink at the bar either though my colleagues did.

The breakfasts were excellent. All too often with American hotels the choice can be poor with an emphasis on stodge, but here we were offered fresh berries, toast, porridge (oatmeal), plus all the cooked options, plus really good juice (plus muffins and other cake-type things if you are that way inclined).

I used the pool and the gym - both were a welcome addition to the week and I was very pleased that the gym was open 24/7 as I woke early some mornings. The pool isn't huge but big enough to get exercise as long as there are not too many people there. I had it to myself so was content to do "circuits" to get a continous swim.

My only major gripe was that the walls seemed to be a litle thin. My first night (I was shattered as I had only just flown in), there seemed to be some kind of hen party or group of inebriated women partying at 1.30 and 3.30am. I did find out that they were checking out the next day as I would have moved. Think the disturbance was mostly down to thoughtlessness on their part as the next occupants were an awful lot quieter, though I could hear them chatting late at night. My advice is to take earplugs as unless you have the Hen Party From Hell next door, you should be ok.

A minor gripe was the cost of the Wifi - in the lobby it is free but in rooms you have to pay. Luckily, the one I was on seemed to last sometimes even on the 6th floor but it was hit and miss.

I found all the staff extremely helpful and polite and nothing was too much trouble. In short, this hotel is thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Westin Annapolis? Share your experiences!