“Convenient stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland
“Convenient stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Spacious room, clean, comfortable....the only negatives were the sounds of the above occupance walking and the water running through the drain pipe in the wall.
Great breakfast variety and courteous staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Miller Place, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Listened to Trip Advisor and, once again, was not disappointed. Needed some place reasonable and clean for my stay while I had my son at an Academy camp. Very clean, very roomy, and an easy 5-10 minute drive to the Academy and downtown. Amanda, at the front desk, could not have been more helpful. Forgot our phone chargers, and she offered to charge my son's phone, while I ran to Target to pick up one, before I had to drop him off. Housekeeping was also excellent.

chesterfield, va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I booked this hotel last minute. The location is perfect. I have family in Davidsonville so it's close to them and to Annapolis so we can make a day trip to both locations. This hotel has had some recent renovations and it shows. The rooms are clean and bright. The price is ok for what you get. I would say that the room and it's layout are a little awkward but manageable. The beds are comfortable and the shower is great. There is a fridge, microwave and sink area which is helpful. No utensils or anything like that so you'd have to bring your own if you were staying longer than a night or two.

The hotel was full. The walls and ceilings are thin. We heard the people above us walking around all night and into the early morning. Kids were through out the hallways making noise and you could hear the elevator bell from down the hall. The hallways and elevator were unusually warm. Almost to the point of uncomfortable. We were on the 2nd floor so we were stuck in between and heard people all night. The bed made up a little for the noise and at least was comfortable. The toilet got stopped up and we had to go down to get a plunger, which fixed it but it was continuously running and having issues. Shower was warm thank goodness and the water pressure was good.

The breakfast was average. My daughter didn't eat the sausage as it seemed over cooked and just had cereal and juice. The area was very crowded and it was hard to find a seat so we went back up to our room. I would suggest that you either bring it upstairs or get there early. Or it may even pay just to run to McDonald's.

So all in all it's an average Marriott and an average stay. Likely will spring for the Hilton Garden Inn next time even if it's a few more bucks. Seems like this hotel needs a few improvements before we return.

Room Tip: Get on the 4th floor away from the elevators
Green Features: I didn't notice any environmentally friendly practices. I don't have anything to comment on for this area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but do hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you the next ime you are in the Annapolis area.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms have a nice layout. The beds are separated by a wall from the "living room" type area. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. The "living room" had a large couch, which I believe is also a pull out bed. There was more than enough lighting. The room also comes with a small kitchen-type are, containing a sink, small fridge and microwave, as well as a single serve coffee maker. The main sink area is separate from the bath room, which is nice, giving access for one person while another is in the shower, etc. Also included is a decent sized programmable safe in the closet. Ever area of our room was clean. The hallways and elevators were clean. The small food court and seating are was clean. As far as location, it is around a 7 -1 15 minute drive to downtown historic Annapolis, depending on the traffic situation. However, (we found out our last night in town) there is a large mall type are a few minutes down the road called "Harbour Towne." It has shops like a mall, and an abundance of restaurants but is set up like a town. There are paver streets, divided by gardens, the buildings resemble something you would see walking thru town, the restaurants (most or all are chain type, I believe) have outdoor seating, etc. It was a great spot to check out if you don't want to eat by the waterfront. Also, this hotel is surrounded by numerous other hotels, and strip malls. It is not "out of the way" just not in the historic district. And the price ($129 per night) showed that. Our stay did include a free breakfast. I know one reviewer was seriously upset by the free breakfast, complaining about powdered eggs, ect. Maybe they were powdered eggs. I don't know. What I do know is that we didn't come to this hotel for the free breakfast. We came here for the reviews of the cleanliness of this hotel. Any type of "free" breakfast was a plus. Also, if I was a world traveler generally staying in five star hotels I wouldn't be staying here because it is a "Marriott." I would, in the least, be at the Marriott Waterfront hotel (mid $300 range per night, middle of the week). Regardless, the "breakfast" is a plus. But be prepared. It is a small area that did run out of things fairly quickly. Our first morning there was only one employee working this food area AND the seating/dining area. To say the least, he could not keep up with things until it slowed down a bit. The next two mornings there were tow employees and things were better. Now for the food: maybe they use powdered eggs. They were good. There is dry cereal, cooked oatmeal, sausage patties, bagels, bread (a toaster machine), coffees, juices, and a small assortment of pound cake, muffins and croissants. As said, some things run out fairly quickly, such as the coffee, and the eggs. But they were constantly refilled. But it is a bit of a draw back, or inconvenience, to have to stand and wait. NOTE: If you are looking for a usual or special breakfast because you are on "vacation" there aren't any waffles, pancakes or bacon. But there are plenty of places within a 5-7 minute drive to get what you want.
I guess my only complaint would be the placement of the TV. It sits on a swivel stand partially in the "living room" and bed area. It does swivel so it can be seen from either room. But it is a bit far if you are in the bed closest to the window. Otherwise it was fine. Overall, if we came back to the area we would not hesitate to stay here again if the pricing was similar.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are large. We asked to be away from the elevators and had a top (4th) floor room...
Green Features: This hotel is a "green" hotel. We chose to include ourselves in this by skipping the sheet changing during our two night stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
new england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this Spring Hill. Super clean, very friendly staff and excellent location. Of course, there was a sports team there and they were very loud the first night right outside our door. I asked them to move elsewhere and they did. We couldn't eat breakfast there as there were way too many nuts and no packaged items that were safe. Definitely think they should have boxed cereal so there can be some options for food allergies. We visited the Double T diner a few blocks away and it was awesome so all's well that ends well. We would stay here again.

Floresville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had to come to Annapolis for my daughters emergency surgery and I booked everything at the last minute not knowing the area at all. I was fortunate to book this hotel as it was very close to the hospital she was in. The room was perfect as it had a little sitting area and the microwave and fridge too. It was great for someone in our situation who needed a little "home away from home". We were able to have our own snacks in the room and feel we were not just in a hotel room with the nice sitting area. I stayed a week to help her recuperate and we both agreed this was the idea place to stay. The breakfast every morning was great too!

The staff was very polite and helpful accommodating our every need.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I am sorry about you daughters emergency and I hope that she has recovered. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the Annapolis area.

Steve Merchant
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed for one night for a business trip and loved everything about this hotel. The bed was comfortable, the room was SPOTLESS and the hotel staff was helpful and pleasant. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I appreicate the nice comment about the spotless room and will pass this onto our housekeeping staff. I do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Steven Merchant

Been to SpringHill Suites Annapolis? Share your experiences!