“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Maine, United States
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have stayed here twice and both times were very happy. Friendly staff and very clean. The area is pleasant and convenient to the highway. Our GPS had us on the right road but was off on the actually location by a quarter mile. It's our hotel of choice when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

While the rooms are pleasant, new couch, newly remodeled bathrooms that are clean, I have a problem paying almost $200 a night for a room with sheets that are limp and tissue paper thin (not sure if they were even cotton sheets). The mattress in our room was VERY hard and the pillows were so hard, I woke up many times in the middle of the night trying to find some place of comfort to rest my head. The worst insult was the free hot breakfast. The eggs were obviously powdered eggs, not real eggs, and the sausage was not edible. It tasted as if some bread product had been mixed into the patty. There were dry cereals, toast and English muffins that had not be corrupted. Plastic ware is provided, but it was useless for slicing the apples provided in the buffet. No fresh citrus fruit. I was very disappointed that Marriott, who used to specialize in food service, would offer such a pathetic meal. I will never stay in a Springhill Suite again. Having experienced Homewood Suites breakfasts and Hyatt House breakfasts, this breakfast is no way to start the day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Let me start by qualifying my four star rating as I struggled with not giving it a FIVE star rating and only didn't because I had to be consistent with my previous reviews. Once again, I only give high line luxury hotels five star ratings.

Location:
I was here on business for one night tonight. I know the area fairly well and its relatively near the mall. However, its not near the harbor and located largely in an industrial office area as you can't really walk anywhere for dining. Complimentary parking available works well.

Check-In/Lobby:
Very nice. Smooth transition at check-in. Front desk manager Derek assisted along with help from another staff member and they were both excellent. Lobby area is all brand new and well decorated with a contemporary decorum. Very pleasant arrival.

Room:
When I walked in I expected much less and I was really impressed. Small kitchenette area, nice separated living area with couch and chaise as well as a desk for business use. There is a wall that separates the bedroom from the living area. The beds are comfortable, spacious and the room includes a small closet with a safe. The bathroom is a bit small and unimpressive but clean and tidy nonetheless and gratefully we don't spend much time there (well I hope thats the case with most of us lol). My view was of the front parking lot. Nothing much to see from any direction of the hotel so don't worry about where the room is situated because all you will see is business parks in any direction.

Overall I would say this is a very good hotel and I would definitely recommend a stay here. It's not too far from both a residence inn and a courtyard but I haven't stayed at the others so I have no comparison. If you don't need five star luxury and a comfortable and well decorated hotel, relative to the category of hotel its a great hotel.

Negatives:
1. In-room toilet seat wouldn't stay up by itself. Not a good thing as a guy.
2. Elevator hot and muggy in the summer

Room Tip: All rooms face business parks no matter which direction
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
No. Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Springhill Suites was a great place to stay on the west side of Annapolis. Check in was friendly and quick, the room was quite large with many amenities. Small kitchen area with one-cup coffeemaker, sink, microwave. Granite counters in kitchen and bathroom vanity areas - very nice. Nice living area with L-shaped couch, small end tables, lamps, desk and chair, TV on dresser in between living area and bedroom area. Nice complimentary toiletries, great shower and water pressure! Very nice (crowded!) breakfast buffet. Didn't use the whirlpool and indoor pool, but it looked nice.

Green Features: The hotel prides itself on environmentally friendly practices and encourages you to recycle but I didn't see that we had any special recycling bins in our rooms. They say they use recycled paper products, eco-friendly lightbulbs, carpeting, etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel was located outside of Annapolis, which worked well for our day trip in Annapolis and travel to Baltimore the next day. It was clean, the staff was kind and breakfast was good. Not enough seats for the 8:30am breakfast rush, but additional seating was provided in the nearby meeting room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed for two nights in two rooms when my son visited St. John's College in historic Annapolis. Though it is not located in historic Annapolis, it is well worth the few minutes it takes to drive there. It is close to shopping, restaurants and the highway. The staff is welcoming and helpful, the rooms spotless, and the breakfast buffet delicious. I especially liked the large vanity in the bathroom, and the separation in the suite of the bedroom area from the kitchen/computer desk area. The separation allowed for someone to catch a quick nap while others could use the computer or watch TV. We would definitely return. It is a great value.

Green Features: We like the separated trash can which had two compartments: one for trash and one for recyclables.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I hope you will make us your "home away from home" while you son is at St John's College. Hope to see you again in the fall.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Hotel staff was nice. Rooms were clean. We were on the top floor. It was nice and quiet. Breakfast buffet was pretty good. Several varieties of yogurt, scrambled eggs, patty sausage (not too tasty)' bagels, English muffin, cereal, fresh fruit. Seemed nicer than other SS. I have noticed some hotels only leaving 2 bath towels but they left 4 which is great. Microwave area was nice. Granite counter top. They were doing fire drill testing while we were there which was extremely noisy but they really didn't have control over it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I am pleased you had a nice stay with us . I apologize for the noisy fire alarm testing, but we want to ensure our guests safety. I do hope you will stay with us again.

Been to SpringHill Suites Annapolis? Share your experiences!