“Nice, convenient and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Nice, convenient and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel seems fairly new. It is clean. The rooms are a nice size. It is about 10 minutes from the Naval Acadamy and down townn The breakfast was good. I would not hesitate to reccomend this spot. The breakfast is free and the food was well prepared and presented.

Room Tip: The handicapped rooms are located far from the lobby or elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 11days while working in annapolis. Friendly staff and room was clean and up to date. Breakfast was the same stuff you get everywhere nothing spectacular. I would stay again would like to see them update the tv channels. I had to watch the stanley cup playoffs in the lobby because don't have the channel in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Since I prefer Marriott brands and I was traveling with children, I stayed here for the breakfast and pool. We had a problem with the fridge in the room and the manager offered to reimburse me for the food lost. That type of care is phenomenal especially at a modest hotel level.

• Stayed May 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had a very pleasant experience here. The hotel was very nice and was in a great location. We took a cab ride for about $13 one way to main street where the nice bars and restaurants are. Check in at the hotel was fast and easy. The room was just as it was pictured online. Small little sitting area with a desk, chair, and couch(I believe pull out). The bath room was a good size. There was a little mini kitchen area - which was very convenient. The two queen beds were very comfortable. The desk staff was very nice and friendly. We forgot toothpaste and they provided some at no extra charge. The sample shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom was Paul Mitchell products. It was a very comfortable stay for a couple of girls and I would have been perfectly comfortable with my little family of 4 as well.

Room Tip: A cab takes about 15 mins to get there - so call a little bit before you are ready to go.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Great stay!! Staff was great! Nice, clean room. Close proximity to downtown Annapolis. Family was on vacation. Breakfast was WONDERFUL! Gave us a great rate. If you're a government employee, ask for the government rate. Definitely plan to stay there again!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travel a lot for my job. I have become very attuned to the way hotels run their operations and train (and empower) their employees. Steve Merchant who is the General Manager at this property went "above and beyond" during my recent stay and in my opinion embodies what Marriott tries to do, make the customer happy.

I was staying at this property for a semi-extended period of time. I had to fly to Tampa on business so I was going to have to check out of the hotel, then check back in later in the week. The General Manager (Steve) offered to comp me two nights of hotel stay for free while I was gone so I could leave my things in my room and not have to pack up, then unpack when when I got back. I was blown away that he would offer to do this. He said the hotel was not full and he was just trying to take care of his customers. Again, I can not tell you how amazed I was by that offer. Dumbfounded actually ... When you spend as many nights in hotels as I do that was a real gift not to have to pack and unpack everything. If the General Manager has this attitude I guarantee it trickles down to everybody on the staff. I suspect that is why this hotel is so highly rated. If you are coming to Annapolis and you don't want to spend $300+ a night this is a good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comments, I am glad that we were able to allow you to keep your luggage in the room between your stays with us. I hope you will come back agiain soon.

Steve Merchant
Long Beach, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Maybe I have too high expectations when I read rave reviews especially when I'm spending $170 a night. This hotel is #1 on tripadvisor as of this writing which is surprising.

Hotel was fine. I had a room with 2 queen beds. Very small room. Only one side table between the beds so the person on the other side of either bed has no table and no lamp. The foot of the beds face a wall with nothing on them. Needs a picture or something. For whatever reason, it just made me feel like I was in a Motel 6. The TV is between the "bedroom" portion and the sitting portion. The layout is really lacking, but with the amount of space I guess this is all they can do. Bedding is kind of chintzy too. Pillows very soft.

Breakfast was your typical continental plus scrambled eggs and cold sausage (cold on both days). On Sunday, at one point around 9am there was only decaf coffee... No hot water or regular coffee. I had to ask a very annoyed lady in the kitchen for coffee (the rest of the staff was pleasant).

Like I said if this was a cheaper and rated lower on tripadvisor, I'd expect these issues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Smerch112030, Manager at SpringHill Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and apolgize for the the shortcomings that you encountered at the hotel. I do hope you will give us another oppotunity to accommodate you the next time you are in the Annapolis area.

Steven Merchant

Been to SpringHill Suites Annapolis? Share your experiences!