“Food good, service slow.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #161 of 308 Restaurants in Annapolis
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Woodstock, nb, canada
“Food good, service slow.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ate here while visiting Annapolis and enjoyed the meal very much. The crab legs were very good, but came from Alaska, which we found puzzling. We sat outside and it was a while before the server came to take our order for drinks and longer before they arrived. It was a good half hour or more before the meal came, and so it got dark and a bit chilly before we were finished. They were busy, but even so, it was slow. We weren't in a hurry as we had been walking and driving all day, and ready to relax, so didn't really care, and the beer from a local micro-brewery was excellent, I think it was pumpkin. Yum!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Jose, CA
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Since I was traveling by myself on this trip, I am always hesitant to sit at a bar and order a drink much less eat dinner in a bar situation. However, I talked myself into it because I had heard so much about this place. It lived up to its reputation.

I met new people; the men on my right were in town for the reunion of their Naval Academy Class; the couple on the left were visiting their family in the area. I was in the middle. We talked about football, our respective teams, the weather, what we did for a living. Even the bartender got into the act when the guy next to me asked for a Sidecar. The bartender didn't know how to make one so the patron whips out his SmartPhone and looks up the recipe and hands it to him! It was just great fun. Then the lady on my left told him he should have ordered a Stinger. You realize that these two drinks came from the 1940-1950 era. She knew from experience, I remember my Mom ordering a sidecar when I was younger. These men were in their early 40's and had no clue! Just all around good conversation and great laughs among us all.

The food was well prepared, came fast and served hot! The prices were not excessive and I was pleased that I decided to stop by. This was on Friday, 9/28 before the game. We all shook hands and wished each other's teams well and the men went on to another bar, the couple finished their dinners and I went back to my hotel.

Out of the 2 places I visited expressely for drinks and dinner, this was the best.

Visited September 2012
“Great atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I usually go by the reviews in Tripadvisor, but I didn't get a chance to research Annapolis before heading out and so we just ended up at O'Brian's at the end of a long day. We chose to sit inside (as we had been outside for hours), and I couldn't have been happier. We had a very pretty, very clean dining room all to ourselves, and two very sweet servers who were very attentive. (This was about 6:30 PM on a Wednesday.) We'd had seafood for lunch, so we all went for steak--and it was excellent. My son and I had filet medallions in bernaise sauce or recommendation of our waitress and they were perfect. Everyone was polite, the service was speedy and the food was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Exton, Pennsylvania
“fun friendly place, awesome food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

great casual sports bar with lively atmosphere. Regular tables in a back section for families. Great location too. All staff was friendly and personable and efficient. Hubby had the appetizer of a giant soft pretzel covered in lump crab and cheese!! OMG so yummy! I had the scallop sliders with asian slaw.....again OMG!!!! I ate them like a mad woman. Super and succulent! An orignial idea they hit outta the park! Thanks to our server dave for a fun time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Always quality Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

They have great seafood! I have to have a good old fashioned soft crab sandwich in Annapolis. Cooked the right way and simple way.

Visited August 2012