“Wonderful place for a beer, food is only OK!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Pub, Fish & Chips
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dameron, Maryland
“Wonderful place for a beer, food is only OK!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went to the Annapolis boat show over the weekend and wanted a great place to eat. I read all the reviews and decided this was the place. I would highly recommend this pub for a beer and musical entertainment, but the food was only OK. We ordered Corned Beef and Cabbage which was very dry (over done) and Sheppards Pie which was good but not great. I'm giving it a three star and would have given it a three 1/2 if possible as the service and entertainment was very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
NJ
“Great pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

this is a great little pub with excellent staff - wonderful atmosphere to meet friends for a drink or a bite to eat!

Visited September 2013
White Plains, New York
“Crab Cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Service was great. Liz is a professional waitress. Crab cakes delicious( I will never eat crab cakes outside of Maryland).
Entrée and salad $24.99. Half and Half ( Guiness and Harp $6.19 - delicious!!) Terrific soda bread.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Taste of Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Well maybe my parents home. I ate a lot of Irish dishes growing up and they had lots to choose from here.
Any place that has Boxty on the menu automatically means I have to visit. I decided to go easy and tried the corn beef poppers ( they were a nice novelty), the wexford potato cakes were a sub for the boxty and they were tasty. I then uncharacteristically had a salad with scallops which was also good. The Guinness was expertly poured and I left a happy man.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Best corned beef EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This meal was so good. We both had the corned beef and cabbage with mashed potatoes. It truly was the best we have ever had or made ourselves. We had a long day of cycling and were very tired so we got it to go (It was close to The Annapolis Inn where we were staying) and they did a great job of making sure everything we needed was there and it really traveled well. It was a cute pub and we would love to go back and actually eat there the next time we are in town.

My husband is still talking about their corned beef and cabbage and YUMMY potatoes!! We want to bring our kids and try some of the corned beef poppers every one is raving about. Awesome food and fair price.

• Visited September 2013