“Overall satisfaction bundled up in an affordable package!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Womack Dr, Annapolis, MD 21401 (Formerly Extended Stay America Annapolis - Naval Academy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Annapolis
“Overall satisfaction bundled up in an affordable package!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I was a guest this past weekend at the Extended Stay (Womack Dr., Annapolis, Md.) I was visiting the beautiful town of Annapolis for their annual Boat Show, and after searching for a comfortable stay at a comfortable rate, I chose ExStay. I can honestly say, I actually got more than what I paid!! (Doesn't happen too much these days) The staff was warm, friendly, and professional! They were knowledgeable of the area and very helpful when in need of either a cab or more clean linens! My room was pleasantly stocked with all the utensils needed to create that
'at home' feeling, not to mention, the convenience of not having to pay & eat carry-out every meal. The room,and more importantly,the bathroom was pleasantly sanitary. They start your day out right with coffee,fruits, & snacks and had my bed made by the time I got home! Overall, I was extremely satisfied in every category, down to the great weekly price they were able to bundle together for me! Thanks again to staff and management!!
T.H.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Crofton, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Extended Stay America, Customer Service Department
I have recently been a paying guest at your facility at 1 Womack Drive in Annapolis, Maryland – September 12th-October 3rd, 2014.
The stay has been interesting, to say the least.
The performance of your front desk staff has been very unusual; they seem to want to HIDE from their guests, sitting so they cannot be seen while they while away the hours on a computer monitor. They also hide in there despite the nightly drunken arguments, fights and PCP freak-outs in the parking lot.
The performance of your “cleaning” staff has also been very unusual; though I have seen them sit watching TV for many hours, I rarely see any evidence of them cleaning any of the common areas or grounds. As a matter of fact, I and several of the other guests, to reduce the clutter and filth in the coffee area and lobby, have had to take it upon ourselves to clean up the sugar spills, coffee detritus, etc. either with our own materials or cleaning materials borrowed from the cleaning cart.
The laundry room is usually a mess, soap power on the floor, lint from the lint filters on the floor, various bags and trash strewn about.
Since there is no other place to put wet/dirty towels, they are usually stacked in the hallway.
Let me note that MY room has been acceptable, however. I am amazed at the apparent number of people living in the room upstairs of mine, but I am a sound sleeper.
If you expect to have any success in the hospitality industry, I would believe you should start paying attention to these matters.
If you expect me to stay at an Extended Stay facility in the future, I would recommend contacting me to discuss these concerns.
I will be leaving this area for California for several weeks, but was planning to stay at a BWI area Extended Stay America for October 17th to November 6th.
P.S. Since I wrote this letter this morning, I went out, came back to find my keycard would not work on the door. Nobody was at the desk, of course, so I called the 800 “customer service” number.
Eventually, the front desk clerk showed up after 15 or 20 minutes, explaining that she was on a webinar, and couldn’t come to the desk. She re-activated my key.
Currently, I am still on the Extended Stay America 800 number, waiting to lodge my complaint/plea for help. It has been around 40 minutes.

Room Tip: Free wifi, but only works sporadically
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

I first went to the other Extended Stay by mistake, as it is literally two blocks away. This one is tucked away from the main road, so walking to anything is out of the question. Room is adequate and clean. The bed is comfortable and sheets appeared clean. No unusual smells and the A/C worked fine. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Richard - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We apologize that you had difficulties finding our location; however, we are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

dirty place trash room stinks ONLY GOOD THING IS THE MANAGER AMY she reduced my room rate and gave me one night on the house but I did not not stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the other hotel on admiral cocrane dr was so much better much cleaner nice staff would stay at that hotel anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: no rooms are quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the trash was not taken out. Please accept my apology. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, our staff with be checking our trash rooms more frequently. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at ana@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Mill Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This was a pleasant surprise. The beds were nice, ok location, staff in the evening was very helpful.
The only Cons:
Morning staff was pretty surly.
Breakfast was very minimal but that's ok given that we have a kitchen.
They didn't furnish the kitchen very well (no sponge or way to clean the dishes).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be meeting with our team to ensure this does not continue in the future. Still, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your bed and our location during your visit. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Extended Stay America on Womack last week for a wedding that I was attending in Annapolis. The hotel was very conveniently located. However that was the only positive thing about this hotel.

The two most disappointing things about the hotel was the terribly uncomfortable bed and the horrid stench of the room.

The bed actually left me sore in the morning when I woke up and the smell of the room was almost unbearable.

Everything I brought into the room now smells like it and all the dresses I had brought with me need to be dry cleaned.

My car even smells like the stench from where I put everything back in the car to go home.

Overall, I was was very disappointed in my stay and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The first room they gave me was not clean. Sheets were not on the bed. Beer bottles on the counter. Housekeeping never came by to clean my room. I had to go get clean towels myself. Craziest thing I saw were these guys in the lobby with 2 pitbulls. Dogs in the freaking lobby. Definitely a jump off hotel.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive? Share your experiences!