“NIGHTMARE ON WOMACK DR.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Womack Dr, Annapolis, MD 21401 (Formerly Extended Stay America Annapolis - Naval Academy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Frederick, Maryland
“NIGHTMARE ON WOMACK DR.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is the worst place, I've ever seen. Some front desk attendants are rude and simply sit, when asked for coffee, linens, etc. They also could care less, if somebody is making noise above you from 9 PM-1 AM; dogs barking and people talking loudly all night. A young man named Ade was wonderful, compassionate and very helpful. Ade was the only person, who vacuumed my room, on 9/8/13, 6 months ago!!!

Housekeeping never cleaned my room from, 9/8/2013 to my checkout on 3/8/2014. They maintain they are allergic to cats and animals, in general. WHAT??? Why are they working, in a pet friendly facility?

I bought cleaning supplies and cleaned the bathroom the best I could, BUT I AM HANDICAPPED AND CANNOT TOUCH THE FLOOR. The carpet needed vacuuming, so I bought a Bissell turbo sweeper. Fortunately, I could use my own quilts, as I did not get clean sheets and I used pareos as towels. I bought toilet paper and paper towels. Because of my mobility issues, I could not always walk to the desk. I am facing knee surgery.

Housekeeping hated when I put trash outside my door. TOUGH!!! They weren't doing anything for me. One day I had a few boxes and a large bag of trash outside my door. I got a call from the desk that I needed to bring it to the trash room. I told the woman that I could not walk that far. The trash stayed in the hall, for SIX DAYS!!! My trash routinely stayed outside my door, for days and days. GROSS!!!

One Latina housekeeper was ALWAYS, in the front office, whenever I came into the lobby…mostly weekends. She commented on checkins and I watched her looking at the portfolios. Why was she not working…..adhering to her job description? Housekeeping has no LEGAL PERMISSION to look at any guest documents. When I checked out 3/8/14, there she was, in the front office. She made many comments during my checkout. She came over, to the desk, and looked at what was on the computer monitor, about my stay. I was very uneasy about her interest. I IMMEDIATELY told ADE to delete ALL credit card numbers, from the account.

Last Fall I received a typed note, under my door, NOT SIGNED AND DATED. It stated that I had debris all over the room and an unusual amount of belongings. It was NOT DEBRIS, BUT christmas gifts and cat food and litter, in the boxes. What right does a hotel have in stating that I have an unusual amount of belongings? It's none of their business how many clothes I have…..was here in summer, fall and winter. The note demanded that I clean the room. WHAT??? I was to get one cleaning a week. The beginning of March, I received a similar note, from the manager, Amy Love, but she was also going to INSPECT my room 3/7/14. OUTRAGEOUS. I have not cleaned, since 1972, due to my handicap.

The ironic thing is that I was targeted. This place has far more to worry about than my room, which I cleaned with bleach and the floors, with vinegar. The first 2 weeks of February 2014, there were two drug busts, at this establishment….8 drug dealers arrested. Mid February 4 men jumped out of the 3rd floor windows evading police. All 4 men were arrested. Police routinely drive around the building keeping an eye out for drug dealers.

*****Because of the horrid conditions, rudeness, lack of respect for a handicapped person and ignorance, of the FEDERAL ADA laws, I booked another hotel 3/5/2014. This hotel will be reported to the ADA lawyers!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Orange, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here for one night only. I was traveling for work and my company booked this hotel, by the time that I arrived it was too late to switch so I had to stay one night in this filth. The pots and pans in the kitchen had old food caked on it. The bathroom was disgusting, the tub had water sitting in for who knows how long, the sink had hair in it. The sheets on the bed were stained and had cigarette burn holes all over them, same with the comforter. This was supposed to be a nonsmoking hotel, which it clearly wasn't with the burn holes all over. Also, later that evening, it was plainly obvious that my neighbors were smoking all night long as my whole room stunk of cigarette smoke as did all of my clothes at that point. I left in a hurry the next day to another hotel. I would NEVER stay here EVER again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We didn't even stay we checked in and check right back out room was filthy blood on the sheets there was a pill on the floor top of the refrigerator and microwave were disgusting Big fat White trash hog at the counter with no shoes on!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had a very good experience on my stay at Extended Stay America Womack DR. Annapolis, MD. I was there about 6 month on Business. Hotel was very clean and nicely kept and Staff was very responsive and nice. They provided me with everything home away from home. Made my stay away from home very pleasant. Staff went out of their way to keep you happy. Rates were reasonable and the manager gave me the best rate possible.

Room Tip: Good place to stay for the money for extended stay away from home
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

OK to start off first the woman at the desk in the morning was ghetto as ever very rude. She was friendly To my husband and just plain rude to me. We stayed here before had no choice to stay only because every hotel was sold out. The halls was filled with smoke and it was drugs and thugs in there. People eating in the halls. Management is rude. Amy I spoke to was not concerned about the hotel at all. Just sad. We had to have our room cleaned 2xs because the first lady couldn't do it well. Don't stay here period the staff are not trained right period. The guy working the night shift looked like he was high at work. He's eyes was red. I will be calling corporate.

• Stayed September 2013
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had a very good experience on my stay here at the extended stay annapolis. The staff was very courteous and pleasent. I will come back to stay here when i visit Annapolis.The hotel was neatly kept and grounds were cleaned.I enjoyed the fact the rooms had fully equipped kitchens and me and my family were able cook our meals. great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

After all f the comments about smoke, I was bummed when we got this on a priceline name your own. I called ahead to make sure we had a non-smoking room and it was no problem. The lobby was clean with no smoke smell. Clean, nice.

It is in a business park off of like a dirt road...so if you are coming for an Annapolis experience,k you'll be disappointed, but is n easy ride into town.

There isn't really a breakfast, but there is good coffee.

Really, a good deal and perfectly good for a night.

Room Tip: First floor is definitely not smoking
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive? Share your experiences!