“Pretty good for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive

You added Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Womack Dr, Annapolis, MD 21401 (Formerly Extended Stay America Annapolis - Naval Academy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Brooklyn, NY
“Pretty good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

After all f the comments about smoke, I was bummed when we got this on a priceline name your own. I called ahead to make sure we had a non-smoking room and it was no problem. The lobby was clean with no smoke smell. Clean, nice.

It is in a business park off of like a dirt road...so if you are coming for an Annapolis experience,k you'll be disappointed, but is n easy ride into town.

There isn't really a breakfast, but there is good coffee.

Really, a good deal and perfectly good for a night.

Room Tip: First floor is definitely not smoking
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Cannot believe this is even considered a hotel. Its filled with thugs! Half the hotel is rented out to state and federal hud/section 8 . The police were there regularly either arresting or patrolling. There's trash in the parking lot, a cigarette butt sat in the elevator for at least 2 days. The 3rd floor hallway smells of old dirty air conditioning and smoke which makes its way through the rest of the hotel. I feel sorry for anybody visiting Annapolis and ends up at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've never reviewed a hotel before, but this warranted a review. We stayed here for a kids lacrosse tournament at the end of June and all other hotels were booked. Even though the hotel was supposed to be non-smoking, the minute you approach and then enter, you know this is a smoking hotel. The entry floor, the hallways and the rooms all smelled like an ashtray.
We had two rooms reserved. When we arrived at check-in, one room was not ready. We decided to visit Annapolis and put all luggage the one room and returned around 10pm. We were then told that a family of eight or with eight kids had done irreparable damage to the room we were going to get, so they were giving us a discount and both rooms would be on the same floor -3rd(previously unavailable). Luckily, we had febreze in the car and used that to make the rooms barely tolerable for the one night we were there. The beds were hard, the towels were super-old and had stains on them. After a terrible night of sleeping on the hard bed, I woke up with a headache and left early morning, with my clothing and all of the clothes in my suitcase still smelling like smoke when I arrived home hours later. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, particularly at the $200+ per night they were charging. The "lobby" is the first floor hallway with two chairs and the coffee dispenser against essentially the elevator wall. The carpet was sticky and looked like it's been there since the 70s. I didn't see any bugs though, which I fully expected to see. There is another Extended Stay around the corner that looks new, although I only saw it driving by. Maybe the nonsmoking rooms are there, so verify before you buy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Don't Stay at this hotel unless you like the smell of smoke everywhere!! I mean everywhere when we walked in i should have walked out!! The outdoor area smelled like smoke the lobby and the non-somking room... It also truely must be an extended stay environment as it appears people live in the rooms, since there were hanging plants and differnt items in the windows. I would advise not to stay unless you are ok with poor quality..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night because it was a sudden visit and it was one of the only hotels in the area with vacancy. We arrived after the desk had closed (11pm) so the front doors were locked. There was a sign next to a phone that said Dial 600 If You Arrive After Hours. So I did, 4 times, with no response. We called the number on our reservation email and someone finally answered and opened the door for us. They gave us a "non smoking" room that reeked of cigarettes and when I told the man at the desk he said there was nothing he could do. I asked if he had an air freshener or anything and luckily he was able to give me a small aerosol can.

We had taken a cab to the hotel, so we needed one in the morning as well. I called the front desk from my room phone and no one answered until the 3rd try. I told the woman I needed a cab and she just said "Okay" and hung up. She did not ask me for any other information, offer to call when it was here or tell me to be in the lobby in ten minutes or anything. When fifteen minutes had gone by I called again and this time a call center for the hotel chain answered. The woman I spoke to this time was very nice and said she would put in a ticket to the front desk since it did not actually appear that anything had been done with my request. She said she would send it right away and I would be getting a call from the front office to confirm in a few minutes. I never received a call so after another 15 minutes we were ready to go so we walked down to the lobby. There was no one manning the desk, eventually someone walked out when they heard us I suppose. She said she had no record of any cab request and acted as though it was an inconvenience to have to call a cab for us.

I think the service was extremely underwhelming and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had an overall pleasant stay at this hotel.

This hotel is a little hidden and is around the corner from another Extended Stay America (imagine the odds of that), so be sure to check a map!

I arrived at 11pm and was quickly checked in. I was informed that I was in a smoking room, something that I hadn't even taken into consideration when I booked as I thought smoking rooms in hotels were a thing of the past. Apparently they still exist in Maryland. Seeing that I had booked a ridiculously low rate for the room I wasn't going to put up a fight.

The third floor I was on smelled a little smoky. It's probably where they keep their smoking rooms. My room had a little bit of a smoky musty smell, but at the end of the day it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

The room was very clean and pretty modern. The kitchen and bathroom area had a nice modern dark wood floor and the bathroom was clean and spotless. I'm over 6'4" and the shower head was above my head, so I am not sure what the one previous reviewer experienced.

The kitchen area of my room had a full-size refrigerator and freezer, two hot plates, a coffeemaker, a sink, and some cupboards filled with basic eating and drinking wares.

The microwave had a little rust on the metal between the glass on the door, but was clean on the inside. The refrigerator/freezer was clean. The sink had a Pur filter attached, which is a nice touch as the Annapolis tap water isn't anything to write home about. The coffee machine came with one ready-to-use coffee filter bag.

The room had a nice combination of furniture, including a dining room table, office table, and recliner. Additionally there was an iron and ironing rack in the closet. There are also plenty of unoccupied electrical outlets.

The bed seemed nice and clean. Only the bed skirt (the fabric covering the box spring) looked like it could use some cleaning.

There was a nice modern TV in the room. About 25 channels were offered, including two Showtime channels.

The hotel has free and paid wi-fi. The free wi-fi is really only good for casual browsing, checking email, etc. I measured it at 0.25 Mbs down. The hotel does offer faster wi-fi (claimed to be 2.5x faster) for $3.00 a day, with cheaper rates for longer stays. I didn't try it out, but would have if I was actually using my room for more than sleeping. The password was on my keycard envelope.

"Grab and Go" breakfast is available in the lobby until 9:30. This includes three types of coffee and pre-packaged granola bars, muffins, and oatmeal packets. There is also some fruit. The oranges looked ok (I ate one), the apples looked a little past their prime.

The checkout time is 11am. I would have preferred noon, but this seems to be standard for the chain.

Overall this was a very decent hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

It wasn't the greatest experience of my life, but it was decent. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The A/C didn't work very well but the staff did offer to move us. Overall it was a decent place to stay and if updated slightly would be a nice hotel to stay in for more than one night. Everything is provided for a prolonged stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioner in your room was not working. I will make sure that our maintenance team is aware of the issue and that they fix it. Regardless, I am very happy to know that the staff was friendly and that you found that we provided everything our guests need in order to have a great extended stay!

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at ana@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive? Share your experiences!